Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Introducing the Remote Auction House

Quote Originally Posted by Shoja
    hahaha funny.....NOT! It's not even relevant to what I said. Try harder next time.
    I'll start trying to try after this nap... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    Picking up one rock at a time and moving it into a pile 20 feet away. Each rock about 1/4 a pound each, and there's just about 20,000 of them. No, you aren't allowed to use anything except your bare hands. When this absolutely amazing work is done, you get to see a woman's boob for all of 1 second. No touching, just seeing. Repeat.
    Vanilla WoW in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    Next is the buying of gear
    They're taking their getting to it. But yes, its coming. If people really believe this isn't "an unfair advantage" then they don't know how useful the AH is ( even with wow's current lack of effort in getting money )

Forgive me if someone between pages 29 & 33 mentioned what I am about to, but after reading 28 pages & no one mentioning it I thought I would throw it in there.

Blizzard already has a gold>>level shop, its called recruit a friend. pay an extra 14$ a month & you can level TWO chars 3 times as fast & "bestow" levels on other chars.

If that isn't an in-game advantage... I don't know what is.

P.S. when your done, you just acc Xfer them over to your main acc (for another "small" fee) & shut down acc #2.

I Laugh at you kids crying over $3.00 a month...

Quote Originally Posted by karana.
    Blizzard already has a gold>>level shop, its called recruit a friend. pay an extra 14$ a month & you can level TWO chars 3 times as fast & "bestow" levels on other chars.

If that isn't an in-game advantage... I don't know what is.
    True - but you can't level above 60 with that right? We're only actually in trouble when you can pay Blizzard for an end-game (i.e. max level) advantage. Recruit a friend never worried me..

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher
    I laugh at you retards paying $3.00 a month for something you already pay for...

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher
    You are every company dream customer. Damn, i want you to be my future customer!

Quote Originally Posted by jereminion
    I laugh at you retards paying $3.00 a month for something you already pay for...
    I totally agree, where does it end? Buy a pre made lvl 80 as for the ptr's

Quote Originally Posted by strainy
    iHeal looks like a pretty awesome app...

This isn't a good rebuttal, because it's not something you're already paying for. The fee allows you to access it from any web-enabled device or iPhone. The $3 fee is for the convenience of using a service.

It would be like people ranting about the service fee from Paypal to use a credit card, because you're paying for something you already have (the ability to walk over to someone and hand them money). But no one does that because it's understood that it's a convenience fee.

hahahaha well played sir

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo
    It just changes the perception we get out of the game.

The more I feel they are greedy, the less I think of them.

I can't really understand how you and others defend the opinion that having more sollicitation for optionnal products is better.

My disgust for the sky-breaking over-consuming society and my disappointment of Blizzard dictate my opinion, please do feel offended if you must.

At no point did I say that soliciting optional products is better. I said that the conceptwas a cool one, and if they want to charge for it, they're perfectly within their rights to do so. It's outside of the monthly subscription, so they're under no obligation to hand it out. If you don't like it or don't want it, don't buy it. My issue is with all the people screaming and crying saying that blizz sucks cuz selling gear is next, when that's an entirely unsubstantiated claim. I could just as easily say "Fuck Blizzard, they made a Titan killable so now Titans are gonna be the next playable race and they'll be OP and pwn arenas". Entirely unsubstantiated and illogical.

This thread required more popcorn than I had anticipated!

Blizzard is such a whore.

Hello, I may be a little strange I love playing wow and all but why do I need a remote AH. Ok I place autions I may not be the best at it or make the gold cap not because I couldn't do so but because I don't see the need to waste my time in WoW doing the AH run around. To me making a remote AH would mean using my real life everyday time to play the AH that is beyond being a game even RP players take time out and away from WoW. Its not real money its game gold and only the gold sellers will make real money. Which may be why Blizzard would make such a thing maybe they are hopeful it will take a few of them out of the game world and free up the servers a little for players. Doubtful it will but nice thought.
    I won't be getting one paying again for something I can already do in the game is just not my way of playing a game.

When I saw this, I felt like it was an April fools day joke. I know some play the AH hard core, but isn't this a little excessive? If I see someone using this out in public I will either laugh, or cry not sure which. Even if the service was free, do people seriously have no lives outside of this game where they have to play the AH, even if they are not near a computer? Browsing the web is one thing, messaging a friend on your phone, but the AH? Really?

I just do not get it.

Nice ! a new easy way for Blizzard to make money ! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by steale
    At no point did I say that soliciting optional products is better. I said that the conceptwas a cool one, and if they want to charge for it, they're perfectly within their rights to do so. It's outside of the monthly subscription, so they're under no obligation to hand it out. If you don't like it or don't want it, don't buy it. My issue is with all the people screaming and crying saying that blizz sucks cuz selling gear is next, when that's an entirely unsubstantiated claim. I could just as easily say "Fuck Blizzard, they made a Titan killable so now Titans are gonna be the next playable race and they'll be OP and pwn arenas". Entirely unsubstantiated and illogical.
    Well I can understand the underlying logic.. I'll write it out for you since you don't seem to grasp the ramifications of all the optionnal products WoW has been offering.

Acti-Blizzard can now be percieved as a whore that will do many things for more money (pets, mounts, remote AH, ...). If we take for granted they will do many things to have more profits and realize that they should sell stuff to sustain their growth they might get to the point of selling gear.

Sure, it's all optionnal and cosmetic for now, but who knows what's waiting around the corner? The slippery slope argument is not an empty statement imho.

I have fully read the financial report of Activision (http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseID=444224) and their income is depending on the micro-transaction market to maintain growth year after year (ancillary revenues = micro transactions + byproducts).

As a consequence, the company's non-GAAP results exclude the impact of the change in deferred net revenues and related cost of sales associated with certain of the company's online-enabled games for certain of the Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and PC platforms and for World of Warcraft boxed software, including the sale of expansion packs and other ancillary revenues, to provide comparable year-over-year performance
    It's not the end of the world, it's capitalism. Imo Activision-Blizzard will become worse as time goes by, whatever they do I wouldn't want it to go that way.

When they announced the feature I thought it was pretty cool, but the price just isn't worth it.. Half a year of this service could buy me another month of wow and a slice of pizza. I don't mind them charging for the feature but it just doesn't seem like it's worth the service. Maybe a 20 dollar charge to link it to an account (usable while the account is) is something I'd go for (simply for the longevity of it). But this is a bit much, even with a seemingly low number.

I don't think you 'need' an iPhone...I think just any phone with 3g would work fine. Orrrr yeah.