Thread: Bored..

Deleted

Bored..

Hey all,

I've been a hardcore raider for 2years now and recently started to become stressed out on a progression boss or annoyed when the raid invite popped up on my screen and thought ugh another night trapped in a raid...

I decided to quit raiding and go casual with the intention to PvP and await cataclysm when PVP will be decent again but am already bored of it and missing the raids.

I have two questions to put to you;

1. How do i overcome the urge to raid even though i know once i'm in the raid i'll want
    to get out
    2. What do all you casuals do to fill the hours and have fun without PvEing hardcore

Just to add when i went casual i also left my guild and faction changed to alliance for a larger population and better economy and be with my irl mates.

All advice welcome but if you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything at all, thanks.

Re: Bored..

Question 1:

Be honest to yourself. After all it is a game which you pay a monthly fee for. Stand up for yourself and be honest about what you do and don't like

Question 2:
    I do one of the following things

* Farm mines / herbs (very relaxing after a shitty day of work..)
    * Do some battlegrounds.
    * Chat with people.
    * Leveling / gearing alts (switching rolls aswell, one time I play my tank, then a dps then a healer)
    * One out of the 1000 things I should do in RL

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Fishing always relaxes me, visititing old places, do some quests no matter what content, Fish some more, ( Rp some, But i'm on a rp server ) talk to people, work on my proffs abit.

But what i think you need, is rolling a new char, Just back to basics. start a new chars, have some fun with some quests, low lvl pvp is awesome, some randoms here and there, Oh and take up fishing.

Haha i love fishing

hope this helps
    (>Q.Q)># <(n.n<) { Here you go, you can have my cookie!}

1. Turn on the TV, and have a chat with a friend if possibly over Skype for example, done this loads of times and i just tell him each time i had to do a boss, stfu.

2. Go buy Battlefield Bad Company 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Left 4 Dead 2 and start gaming. All is some relaxing things, where if you make a mistake you can quickly change identity or just leave.

Deleted

Do what I'm doing. Keep wow on the side and check in regularly but just tone it down a notch and move onto some other things.

Play games you've never played.

I personally do my dalies and log, then hop on Steam and do abit of mapping for Half-life. When I'm bored of that I jump into maya, do some shit for my Uni work.

Skypes great, I'm always chatting with folks on skype. Whilst on wow or whatever. I've recently replayed oblivion. I can loose myself in that game!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

You don't have to "PvE Hardcore" to raid. I raid two nights a week, max and I personally have done 10/12 25 man and 8/12 ten Heroic, 12/12 10 normal. I raid Friday/Saturday, and get in what I can. If you hate raiding, than start some arenas. Grab a frieind or two and make a good comp, than run some of those.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose

Deleted

Hey, thanks for all the replys.. currently swaying towards the idea of starting an arena team. There's too much effort involved in questing i'd rather chill in ironforge with the gnomes

and ya I play CoD with mates when i'm not raiding so i think i'll do that more too.

again cheers for the replys, gave me some good ideas to stop the boredom

I think many people (including myself at times) get caught up in the rat race of having the best new gear or achievements. Then this game can quickly turn from something that used to be fun into a job you don’t like but you feel you have to continue to put the time in or you’ll get left behind.

When that happens to me I just remind myself it’s just a game and it should be fun. Then I normally try a class I’ve never played before or play one of my alts.

15+ Year Old Account

as for what casuals do well they obviously doesnt spend it playing WoW else they wouldnt be so casual more like fail raiders