secondary classes

I had an idea that might be fun. I know it would be hell to balance. but it might be a nice addition.

my idea is, that at a certain level (maybe 40, maybe later i don't know) You could choose a secondary class, or a specification or something. Each off these new classes would have 3 diffrent tallent tree's. i havent thought of secondary classes for every class yet. but here are some exemples:

Druid:
    primary specs:
    Balance-Feral-Resto
    secondary specs:
    Feral: Predator(cat)-Defender(bear)-toxicator(spider) (with ranged poisons, and some webs for CC, focus as resource)

naturalist: Resto(healing)-Lunar(arcane dmg)-Solar(nature dmg)

Warrior
    primary specs:
    Fury-Arms-Prot
    Secondary specs:
    Beserker: Fury(duel whield 1H weps)-Titan(tank,2H wep+shield)-Destroyer(duel whield 2H weps)

Commander: Prot(tank 1H+shield)-Arms(1 2H wep dps)-Mercenary(duel whield 1h weps)

Hunter
    Primary specs:
    beast mastery-marksmanship-survival
    Secondary specs:
    Surviver: Beast master(strong pet, duel whield dps(like rexxar))-Trapper(traps, camoflage, melee dps) ranger(ranged dps, camoflage)
    (yes, hunters get to be melee ^^)

Archer:
    Marksman(physical ranged dps)-Assasin(ranged stealth action)-?(poisons and stings)

Priest
    Primary specs:
    Disc-holy-shadow
    secondary specs:
    Monk
    (not sure wich specs, but it would be more with melee etc)
    Clerc
    (holy and disc like specs)
    not sure where shadow like specs could fit in

Also, I would like to put demon hunter somewhere in the warlock tree's, but im not sure about the rest. Shamans might get something so they can tank again.
    Im not sure about the rest tho, if i get some new idea's i might add them.

What do you think about this? Any suggestions?
    lets hear what you got to say

www.explosm.net

Re: secondary classes

its nothing you cant do with properly designed talent trees.

oh, separate talent trees for each sub-class? so basically you want to double the number of classes (cause basically thats how it would work after lvl 40)? try proposing it to blizzard, after they had so many problems with balancing classes after adding SINGLE class
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

well actually that is how hero class was supposed to look when they were talking about it before vanilla

ye thats why i said it would be hell to balance at the top of my post. So i don't think it blizz will do this. It think it would be fun tho

www.explosm.net

Quote Originally Posted by makak
    well actually that is how hero class was supposed to look when they were talking about it before vanilla
    yup, it would be like having 2 hero-class choices for every current class.

www.explosm.net

Deleted

just no

fun in what way?

you already have 30 (actually more) specs. did you already try all of them that you got bored and want twice as much? :S
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted

I'll just stick with the Normal talents, Else i will get confused as hell.

:/ I am disapoint.

When I saw the title for this I was expecting to see something actually related to the dnd style of 2nd classes.

Such as lvl a Rogue up to 40, Then pick a mage for the next 40 levels.
    Giving you lvl40 rogue talents / with lvl 40 mage talents (Rogue/mage as an example since it was so popular in Baldurs gate :x)

This would probably kill off the whole 'lol my class 1shots juuu' style of dmg in game atm

I like the feral toxicator idea but i don't think druid get an other form. We already have ranged and melee dps so i don't see the real benefit of it and the reason why blizzard should add it.

This is realy like the classes in Aion and other NcSoft games. Nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I'll bet next hero class is a titan or something like that

Neutral class ....

Hey, we need to kill sargeras