Resto druid in trouble.

Hi!

I've played a resto druid since TBC and I'm still loving it. Lately I've had some trouble keeping up with the other healers in my guild tho, healing wise!

So here I am with my armory link, asking fellow raiders for help.

I'm in a 10man ICC guild 12/12 just done and going for HM starting tonight! I wanna improve my performance to ensure that I still hold my spot amongst the healing team, as we have some other trees that can replace me. And I don't want that to happen, obviously. I'm usually raidhealing, except on the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter.

There are a few questions I wish to widen my horizon on;

Should I aim for 4p t10?
    Should I gem for more haste? Seeing as I'm very low on it.
    Should I gem for spell power, or is it not needed beyond the 2500 sp "soft cap"?
    Is my talent tree good enough?
    Is my glyphs good enough?
    What is the best rotation for Valithria Dreamwalker-healing?

Armory link

I'm very happy for your thoughts on these questions

Regards, a thankful druid.

Re: Resto druid in trouble.

I'm sorry, but your gear, spec and glyphs suck pretty much.
    I could go through all the details now, but I guess it's easier to point you to the sticky Resto thread, it's all in there.

Gear: Get spirit/haste items! That's what you want in every single slot. (Currently you have one of those.) T10 set bonuses are not especially good for 10 mans, but since hands and legs are well-itemized, the two-piece bonus is worth taking. For the other slots, I prefer spirit/haste offset items. The easiest way to get some gear would be to do daily/weekly stuff to get Frost badges, you are missing about 7 well-itemized pieces that can be bought for Frosties. (Actually, you don't have any excect the Idol and set pieces.)

Spec: If you are low on haste, spec Celestial Focus. Wtf is Furor for? These 5 points give you nothing at all.

As far as I know, there is no spell power soft cap. Each spell has a spell power coefficient which multiplies by your spell power, and then adds to the tooltip amount of heal on whatever rank of spell you're using. Higher spell power means bigger heals.

4pc t10 is amazing in 25 mans. You can get it for 10mans, but it generally won't be worth the loss in haste.
    Speaking of haste, get more. You're running without CF, so you need at least 856 haste to get your gcd down to 1 second. And if you're not running with both a moonkin (or ret paladin) and an ele shaman, then that number needs to be even higher.

Your spec isn't awful, but it's odd. I would really recommend 2/3 in subtlety instead of the wasted points in Furor. You'd be surprised but there are one or two fights (Valith, Rotface) where your healing threat can be a serious issue for tanks. Get 3/3 in Revitalize, it's a great talent that only a resto druid can bring.

Glyph of Rebirth is... good, sort of, for... well. Not really. It's a waste of a glyph spot, to be honest. Most druids run with glyph of Wild Growth, but if you're only running 10 mans, glyph of Nourish or glyph of Rejuv would be better.

Gear wise, get rid of Talisman of Resurgence. It's worse than... almost every epic trinket out there. Purified Lunar Dust is a good trinket to get if you don't have access to Solace or Althor's. Hell, even Je'tze's Bell would probably be better. Your cloak isn't good for us at all. You're running (3pc) 2pc t10 and 2pc t9, both of which are extremely lack-luster. I'd start picking up offpieces to replace them. Speaking of t10, you bought the wrong pieces full on. If you wanted 2pc, the gloves and the pants were the pieces to get, since they have haste.

Gem-wise, never ever gem int when you reach Ulduar-and-beyond level gear. In yellow or red sockets, gem 12sp/10 haste until you get a good amount of haste, at least 800. In blue sockets, if the socket bonus is good (7 sp or better), gem it with spell power/spirit. Otherwise, put another sp/haste gem in there. Get the Chance on Cast to restore Mana meta gem.

Deleted

You haven't killed lich king yet , don't know why you'd mention it ... nobody will respect you anymore or any less ??? You also seem a little lost in relatino to druid healing , check the stickie dude you'll need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    You haven't killed lich king yet , don't know why you'd mention it ... nobody will respect you anymore or any less ??? You also seem a little lost in relatino to druid healing , check the stickie dude you'll need to.
    That's funny, reading the first bit of that, I lost my respect for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur
    I'm sorry, but your gear, spec and glyphs suck pretty much.
    I could go through all the details now, but I guess it's easier to point you to the sticky Resto thread, it's all in there.

Gear: Get spirit/haste items! That's what you want in every single slot. (Currently you have one of those.) T10 set bonuses are not especially good for 10 mans, but since hands and legs are well-itemized, the two-piece bonus is worth taking. For the other slots, I prefer spirit/haste offset items. The easiest way to get some gear would be to do daily/weekly stuff to get Frost badges, you are missing about 7 well-itemized pieces that can be bought for Frosties. (Actually, you don't have any excect the Idol and set pieces.)

Spec: If you are low on haste, spec Celestial Focus. Wtf is Furor for? These 5 points give you nothing at all.
    This dude hit the nail on the head, make sure you get GCD haste capped (It's like 830 or something)

i dont even play resto druid im ele shaman, and i know crit is pure junk for trees

the fact you have 3 t10 pieces with crit on is embaressing, missing both pieces with haste it couldnt of gone worse.

take in everything others have said here, and read some guides before u even think about picking up another piece of loot, because this advice will help you more than any gear.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinsrobe
    i dont even play resto druid im ele shaman, and i know crit is pure junk for trees

the fact you have 3 t10 pieces with crit on is embaressing, missing both pieces with haste it couldnt of gone worse.

take in everything others have said here, and read some guides before u even think about picking up another piece of loot, because this advice will help you more than any gear.
    I like how polite he was in asking for advice, and how much of an obvious douche you are.

[User was banned for this post]

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    My guild killed him a couple of nights ago, I was on the standby team. I did not say I killed him, but that the guild killed him. It wasn't to brag, it was to let you know at what level I'm raiding, to help you give better answers.

Also, I am a little lost in relation to druid healing obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for your help now, would I?

As far as I know, there is no spell power soft cap. Each spell has a spell power coefficient which multiplies by your spell power, and then adds to the tooltip amount of heal on whatever rank of spell you're using. Higher spell power means bigger heals.
    I might have made myself misunderstood. I was talking about statprio, and that when you reach 2500 sp ub, haste is a better choice then sp. At least according to the Druid Guide Sticky

The reason I didn't pick the gloves or hands first is because I was praying to the lootgods that my t10 pants or gloves would drop, but they apparently hate me. Weekly VoA 10/25 man visits have yet to drop t10 resto druid pieces. I was under the impression that tier items is the shit, but I now realize I may have to change my tier devotion. I'm also waiting for my ICC drops to... drop.

I do sincerely thank Ormula and Hendrixstorm for your helpful replys. To the people who say I suck without pointing me in the right direction; go play on the Autobahn or die in a fire.

Love, a lost tree.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula

4pc t10 is amazing in 25 mans. You can get it for 10mans, but it generally won't be worth the loss in haste.
    Speaking of haste, get more. You're running without CF, so you need at least 856 haste to get your gcd down to 1 second. And if you're not running with both a moonkin (or ret paladin) and an ele shaman, then that number needs to be even higher.

Your spec isn't awful, but it's odd. I would really recommend 2/3 in subtlety instead of the wasted points in Furor. You'd be surprised but there are one or two fights (Valith, Rotface) where your healing threat can be a serious issue for tanks. Get 3/3 in Revitalize, it's a great talent that only a resto druid can bring.

Glyph of Rebirth is... good, sort of, for... well. Not really. It's a waste of a glyph spot, to be honest. Most druids run with glyph of Wild Growth, but if you're only running 10 mans, glyph of Nourish or glyph of Rejuv would be better.

Gear wise, get rid of Talisman of Resurgence. It's worse than... almost every epic trinket out there. Purified Lunar Dust is a good trinket to get if you don't have access to Solace or Althor's. Hell, even Je'tze's Bell would probably be better. Your cloak isn't good for us at all. You're running (3pc) 2pc t10 and 2pc t9, both of which are extremely lack-luster. I'd start picking up offpieces to replace them. Speaking of t10, you bought the wrong pieces full on. If you wanted 2pc, the gloves and the pants were the pieces to get, since they have haste.

Gem-wise, never ever gem int when you reach Ulduar-and-beyond level gear. In yellow or red sockets, gem 12sp/10 haste until you get a good amount of haste, at least 800. In blue sockets, if the socket bonus is good (7 sp or better), gem it with spell power/spirit. Otherwise, put another sp/haste gem in there. Get the Chance on Cast to restore Mana meta gem.
    nice post

in 10man the 4 t10 is just waste of badges iohm, due to most of the times all of the other players have a Rj on them already(unless you go for the upgraded ones) , atm i combine cloth and leather and prio haste/spellpower + spirit,i can recomend "vestments of spurce and fir" that you buy for badges, save the one you have for upgrade at later time.

when it comes to glyps is all about play style, atm i use regrowth, Rj, and rapid Rj , must say that regrowth is quite underestimated spel

similar to ormulas suggestion

furu only benefits moonkins and ferral

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....02521053313051

//bref

ps considering the gear/build you could change your rebirth glyph for nurish and build your spec around nurish, that way you can maximize your current char, it will be more of a priest healing style where you base all heals around hot+nurish.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselia
    Also, I am a little lost in relation to druid healing obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have asked for your help now, would I?
    I might have made myself misunderstood. I was talking about statprio, and that when you reach 2500 sp ub, haste is a better choice then sp. At least according to the Druid Guide Sticky
    Oh, that number. That's kind of a ballpark figure where you'll start to see an increase in throughput healing as you can push more heals out via haste rating, rather than your heals hitting harder via spell power. In ICC, the haste cap is pretty crucial. Especially on HM Marrowgar, Saurfang, Festergut, BQL and Putricide, you'll probably be starving for GCDs with your haste where it's at.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    That's funny, reading the first bit of that, I lost my respect for you.
    This dude hit the nail on the head, make sure you get GCD haste capped (It's like 830 or something)
    You're posts are more helpful how ? He has skipped over some of the most basic druid ethics , if a person is unwilling to help themselves how can we ? Also if my guild are clearing 25icc hc and I'm not nor gear'd for it I'm not gunna catch the other healers anyway...

The only thing people have done here is vomit back what's already in a sticky :/

Should I aim for 4p t10? For 10man no , unless you can get 264 pieces then yes
    Should I gem for more haste? Seeing as I'm very low on it. Never gem full haste , SP haste is a bigger value. However you are so low on haste it's strange...
    Should I gem for spell power, or is it not needed beyond the 2500 sp "soft cap"? Spellpower is our number 1 stat and is always needed .
    Is my talent tree good enough? yes it is acceptable.
    Is my glyphs good enough? They are acceptable
    What is the best rotation for Valithria Dreamwalker-healing? Keep all hots running and nourish spam. Keep SM on CD always and have NS on CD always.

Dear mister lost druid,

I know that you've already had a few replies and I've read through all of them. Some of them are right on, some of them I don't agree with, and some of them are just straight up rude. So, despite the fact that, like I pointed out earlier, you've had a couple replies I'm going to add my own.

I do want to start off saying that I think you did the right thing. There's nothing wrong with asking for help. Sometimes you miss-read something, receive incorrect information, or just overall don't understand a particular concept. That doesn't necessarily reflect on your intellect or your ability to play this game. The fact that you're able to admit that you need help, can ask for help, and are willing to make improvements based on the knowledge and help of others, shows you have more brains than half the people I know.

I'm going to answer the questions you asked in as simple a way as I can, offering you not just my response, but the reason why.

Q: Should I aim for 4p t10?

A: Seeing as your guild is indeed going for hard modes and you have the opportunity to get sanctified, I would go for 4p t10. Leaving out the chest piece and getting the frost emblem one instead. (yumyum haste)

Q: Should I gem for more haste? Seeing as I'm very low on it.

A: Being specced into Celestial Focus you want to shoot for at -least- 735 haste. This does NOT mean you should EVER gem for straight haste, because like you'll read below SP is still your base and main stat. I would however change every single one of your yellow sockets into SP/Haste gems. (Reckless Ametrine) Red gems as straight SP and blue gems as SP/Spirit are just peachy.

Q: Should I gem for spell power, or is it not needed beyond the 2500 sp "soft cap"?

A: As previously stated by other posters, spellpower is absolutely your number 1 stat and shouldn't be one of those things you only shoot to have a certain amount of. Don't ever worry "Oh noes! I haz 2 much SP! What ever shall I do?!!11one" It won't happen, you can never have enough.

Q: Is my talent tree good enough?

A: I am a huge supporter of revitalize. It's so beneficial to the raid that I can't believe there are druid healers without it. I can understand in certain situations .. maybe, but I absolutely love the thought of being able to help the raid's regen just by doing what I already do .. heal. Tranquil Spirit and Empowered Touch are talents aimed at buffing nourish. While I do think that a nourish spec resto druid is beautiful for certain fights or if there are multiple trees in one raid, I think for your particular situation it's really unnecessary. You should drop the 3 points you have distributed amongst Tranquil Spirit and Empowered Touch and put them into Revitalize. This is of course assuming that your raid has the best possible composition and doesn't require you to much tank healing other than hotting them up and going back to the raid. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Q: Are my glyphs good enough?

A: Your glyphs need a little tweaking. Glyph of Rapid Rejuv is a lot more beneficial than Glyph of Rejuv. The point of healing is to keep people as topped off as possible, so they shouldn't be going below 50% anyway and even if they are you're not going to wait for them to get below 50% to pop a rejuv on them. (I hope :3) Especially since you're in a 10 man guild when taking ticking raid AOE damage, the improvement in total healing throughput will help your raid. Personally, I prefer using Glyph of Nourish over Glyph of Swiftmend, but that goes down to healing style. I just find it easier to pop a nourish on someone if they need that little extra heal, plus there's no cooldown, but if you find that you use Swiftmend as a regular part of your rotation then by all means go for it!

Q: What is the best rotation for Valithria Dreamwalker-healing?

A: Best rotation is indeed to pop Regrowth and Rejuv on her and then spam nourish, making sure you renew those HoTs as needed. (This is one of those fights that Glyph of Nourish would be pretty beneficial for) This rotation will put out a lot more healing, vs Healing Touch spam, because of the mechanic nourish offers by doing more healing per HoT on the target.

I really hope that I was in some way able to help you along your quest to become a more amazing healer! Have an absolutely fantastic day and remember above all not to stress too much .. after all, this is just a game

Peace, Love & Pancakes
    -Kale
    Friend: "You are so much more awesome than normal"
    Me: "That's just your diplomatic way of telling me you think I'm completely strange."
    Friend: "No use for you to deny it anymore then!" *proceeds to pat my head*
    ... I love my friends. Or something. -.-*

Quote Originally Posted by PancakeQueen
    Peace, Love & Pancakes
    -Kale
    You are my new hero!
    Thanks a lot!

I have already started collecting new pieces with haste (\o/) and I have like only 270 emblems of frost to go x)

10+ Year Old Account

He's asking for help on his druid on the druid forums ohnoesssss.

Really guys? Some people are newer to the druid class. Some are old pros. As old 'pros' we should WANT to help people become better, not spit in their face when they ask.

Like said, once you get the gloves/pants T10 and buy the badge chest you should be closer to haste cap. You fixed your spec and most of your gems to what they should be.

For 10s glyph wise it's a matter of how you heal and who you are healing with. With how low your haste is I would probably drop RR for now. How many people do you heal with? 1 or 2 others.

SM is almost always a must for druids, in 10 and 25. SM crits and hits for more than nourish with 2 hots of them and is instant cast. You should use SM over nourish for any spike if it's up.

If you run melee heavy WG is still ok, better then most other glyphs.

SP never hurts, don't ever stop gemming for it. Only gem socket bonuses if they give you more SP.

For dreamwalker you should be using all hots. 3 stacks of LB, regrowth, rejuv, WG, Sm, everything but HT, then spam nourish. Don't ignore LB to spam nourish. Takes 3 seconds to stack, always use it on that fight. You will have plenty of time to spam nourish after, it will buff your nourish, and it will keep ticking while you are back inside.