Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cata Boomkin leveling - Eclipse for PVE Grinds?

If you want to reach 85 asap you make 5man dungeon group and que for random dungeon until you reach 85

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth

It seems to me that the time you spend running around gathering mobs, nuking them down, then healing up and managing your mana, is more or less equal to just taking them one at a time really fast.
    thats true when i cant go into a densely populated area cast starfall and then hurricane on myself and watch like 12 bodies pile up... although that relies on cooldowns so its only viable once every 60 seconds provided they dont change glyph of starfall

What would be a good Boomkin spec for 70-79 to use in dungeons, or are leveling specs usually alright for normal dungeons. It's just that I've noticed a lot of leveling specs focus less on talents (eg. Eclipse) that would be good in dungeons, so I thought one possibility is using my dual spec while in dungeons (unless it really won't matter a lot).

Wonder how many more times I can fit 'dungeons' in there.

I think i will level up in boomkin since my gear is a lot better than in my feral gear.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier
    What would be a good Boomkin spec for 70-79 to use in dungeons, or are leveling specs usually alright for normal dungeons. It's just that I've noticed a lot of leveling specs focus less on talents (eg. Eclipse) that would be good in dungeons, so I thought one possibility is using my dual spec while in dungeons (unless it really won't matter a lot).

Wonder how many more times I can fit 'dungeons' in there.
    If you have bothered to get some of your better quest rewards, crafted gear, etc so you are not in junky greens that you picked up randomly, then it really shouldn't matter much if you use a "leveling spec" vs a "PvE spec" for 5mans if you are going boomkin.

For the absolute fastest way to lvl grind tho, and provided you have a bit of experience/gearset for it, I suggest you spam the Random Dungeon Finder as a Feral Tank. Typically, you will have 1-3 sec wait time until you get a group once you queue up as a tank (just enough time to ping the server basically. lol) I can just about guarantee that the realm first 85druid will have done exactly that queueing as bear/tree to maximize the number of dungeons they can run. In my experience, there is just no way for solo grinding to outpace dungeon grinding on the race up the level ladder...

If you really don't want to play feral, could always go as boom/tree and get yourself a tank buddy to partner up with you ^^

Qieth got dropped on his head as a baby. He left off balance of power.

10+ Year Old Account

TBh with levleing my boomkin im just gonna mass hurricane/starfall...will take longer just to single target starfire them

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Qieth got dropped on his head as a baby. He left off balance of power.
    If you are talking about http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0xG0ui...ouZbxcu:iRZozm, then no. Why bother taking Balance of Power for leveling up to 80? Even so, there are several talent points to spare, but you are most likely going to be fighting against creatures around your own level, so Balance of Power is less than mandatory.

Leveling for a moonkin after you get starfall involves very little work solo if you are questing.

Step 1: Gather all the quests in the area

Step 2: Go to where you need to be to get as many quests done as possible.

Step 3: Starfall and run around till you get a ton of mobs.
    Step 3.1: If Starfall is down, run around and insect swarm a bunch of mobs.

Step 4: Hurricane whatever has survived your initial pull.

Step 5: Loot all your quest items

Step 6: Turn in quests

Step 7: Repeat steps 1-6

Pretty much how I level as a moonkin and nothing seems to be changing in Cataclysm on how I level.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    Best advice i can give is get some of the Mana regen talents: Dreamstate, Intensity, Owlkin Frenzy. Maxing out Owlkin frenzy would probaly yield alot of mana, but i don't really have any numbers, and you usually abuse Roots constantly while leveling as Moonkin, limiting the damage you take. Maybe also picking up more Crit, since you get 2% mana each time you crit.
    I leveled from 70 to 80 as Boomkin after going 1 to 70 as Feral. It was quite simple. Round up a group of mobs, cast barkskin, cast hurricane and starfall (if up) and watch them all die. If Barkskin was on cooldown, I just cast a hot on myself, switch to boomkin, wait for owlkin frenzy to proc and then cast Hurricane. Never died, leveled very fast.

I leveled 1-72 as a boom chicken (swapped to tanking for instance only leveling) and all I did was dot everything up and run around. Would throw barkskin up and then use t-storm. Worked pretty well.
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block