Death Cab for Cutie

Death Cab for Cutie, yes, no, never heard of them?

Re: Death Cab for Cutie

Heard one song, was pretty awesome. Forgot about them after because I'm too lazy to find albums/other songs

I like the song I will follow you into the dark.

I'm a huge death cab fan! Transatlanticism is their best album imo followed by Plans. I dont think I could pick a favorite song by them to be honest I'd be torn between 4 or 5 at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

I'm no big fan. They have a few nice songs, but I feel like most of it's too similar and bland-ish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fan

Pretty good, enjoy a few of their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by phys View Post
    I'm a huge death cab fan! Transatlanticism is their best album imo followed by Plans. I dont think I could pick a favorite song by them to be honest I'd be torn between 4 or 5 at least
    yep, i'm not a giant fan of them, i've recently in the past years been listening to more rap/hip hop.

i agree, transatlanticism, with which my favorite song would be title and registration. but there are so many good songs on that album.

they're awesome. BUT why has 'meet me at the equinox' had to be used for the twilight crap

I love them, as well. Ben Gibbard's recent actions, however, have lead me to appreciate other musicians much more than himself. (Not gonna go into it, but he's kinda whored himself and his music out for publicity as of late. (EG, "Meet Me On the Equinox" and his obvious publicity marriage of Zoey Deschanel.)

If you really want music that is thoughtful like Death Cab's and as raw and true to the soul as can be, listen to Glen Hansard's songs. I've never seen a man put more emotion toward his music than he does in every one of his songs.

Another good band that I like for similar reasons to Death Cab is The Decemberists, but some of his music kinda bothers me. The album, "Crane Wife," is amazing, but I don't really like his other work as much. One or two of the songs on his other album are pretty good, but I'm not that into the band as a whole.

Also, see The Avett Brothers, Bon Iver, Iron and Wine (!!! REALLY GOOD BAND, THAT ONE), and Sun Kil Moon's Modest Mouse covers.
    Last edited by Hilarity; 2010-07-10 at 05:55 AM.