[Resto] Some advice please (If you don't mind a read)

Good Day Mmo-Champions

So I’ve managed to grab my Shammy to 80 and am currently trying to gear it as much as I can. I’ve had a few things on my To Do list and just wondered if you guys thought I should add to anymore:

Please feel free to be honest but bear in mind I’ve been 80 for around 10 days now so am still learning the Shamanistic way. I’ve been using the Resto sticky here and the Resto Shaman thread on ElitistJerks as my bibles and my guidelines, just wondered if I could get some more tailored advice.

At the moment I’m glyphed up for raid healing where I pretty much spam CH and Rip – this seems to be what I end up doing in ICC so made sense to me, although boss dependant I’ll sometimes pop in a LhW glyph instead.

Gold isn’t an issue as I have a few rich toons with maxed profs etc and I can play the AH quite well.

Armoury - http://eu.wowarmory.com/search.xml?s...searchType=all

So far left on my list is:

Grind 15k more Honour for Wrathful Cloak – I hate my blue cloak but not even a i219 one from ToC will drop for me

Replace Shield however the hell I can – I’ve tried using wowheads item finder but can’t find an easily replaceable option, I’ve considered the Bsmith one a few times as a stopgap but at the moment it’s not such a massive replacement. As far as I know the old season PvP ones aren’t available anymore? (Not sure if this is true but Wowhead says no longer Available)

Replace Helm with 245 one?? – this upgrades my base stats but at a decrease to Haste. As I add more haste I become more of an addict to it so I’m not convinced this is an upgrade from a play perspective rather than a gscore one.

Look into stats – This is main reason why I’m here I understand that a good level of Crit is around 30% (Sticky Source) with base spell power of 2-2.5k. It would seem that I’m way behind the Crit by about 5% so should I gem for this for now or should I stick with haste?

Also the sticky suggests mp5 of around 250mp5 including shield. Now according to armoury I have 254 without shield so I guess i’m about right, should I consider gemming for a bit more if I go OOM a bit of should I focus on crit seeing as crit = replenishment for us. Don’t get me wrong I rarely go OOM, in fact the only fight I’ve come close to it was on Deathbringer and that was only because someone clicked off the sodding buff, but a quick manatide tote and popping cds normally sorts it out. Think I might have just answered my own question.

Also I want to max out JC – profs have taken a backseat a bit so I want to max these for some nice gems which will help above.

Enchants are pretty much covered I think (Cloak and shield aren’t because I hate enchanting shit gear although they won’t leave me so I’m close to it – Also will get helm enchant from Kirin Tor when I remember to log the retired main)

Sorry for the wall of text, but it’s nicely punctuated which I know everyone loves! If there’s anything else you think I should focus on please let me know.

Cheers

Grelsha
    When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.

Re: Some advice please (If you don't mind a read)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49821 from Pit of Saron (Normal), Scourgelord Tyrannus. Find a friend who is a tank, and you'll get instant queues. Bonus points if the friend is a Paladin who can roll with you to prevent that shifty-eyed Ret Paladin from snagging it for his healing set he'll never use.

The i245 helm is nice, especially if you're not going to aim for a set bonus, or have plans to begin raiding ICC (as set bonuses are usually broken pretty fast in favor of massive upgrades).

Don't go out of your way to gem MP/5, as playing smarter and gearing up will both help mana regeneration more than a few points shifted from haste into MP/5.

Do Vault of Archavon every week. You never know how lucky you may get.

Good luck and have fun.

I don't have that much to say but only a few minors:

For shield: Dont forget looking at offhands (HoR HC) its decent till you can get ya hands on a shield
    Since you have B.hilt weapon staff arent an option.
    For gems: you are right with sp and haste. Crit you will get enough on gear.
    There are ppl going full crit (also gems and stuff) but for me that depends on what ya need to heal.
    Stick with haste if you love lil'ol CH and use it often.

Thanks to you both.

That shield from PoS normal makes me sad - I've run it about 20 times now, seen it stolen by Rets twice and never seen again. : ( /violin. Will try and get some of the ol'Guildies to run along with me.

VoA has been kind to me with regards to PvP gear that I'll rarely use but as of yet no PvE stuff, here's hoping still tho!

I'll keep an eye out for off hands too, although whenever I've considered rolling on one some other caster dps go completely nuts when I say I'll try rolling, so I normally drop it - sucks to be an unconfrontational person.

Thanks again

Re: [Resto] Some advice please (If you don't mind a read)

moooarrr haste

So adding on to this:

I’ve since picked up the Wrathful cape last night, yay!
    I start trying to level mining to level JC and got really tired last night, will leave that for a day when I’ve got nothing else to do!!

As of tonight I’ll have 60 Frosties, is it worth me picking up shoulders or gloves straight away or shall I hold out for chest/helm? I reckon a week tomorrow I’ll have enough in order to get helm/chest, as long as PuGs don’t fail epicly, but they’d do well with 20% buff now. I’ve considered the trink as it is incredibly sexy, but have been advised by guildies to hit up Tier first. Correcto?

Fingers crossed for some lucky VoA tonight!!!

As i’m bored at work I’ll have a look and see if there are any quest upgrades to my shield as I managed to lose the shield off Marro by a roll 2 under winner.... and PoS is just being a bitch still.

Cheers

I feel for you on the shield stakes mate it is the bane of shammies everywhere. There is another shield that drops from TOC 10 and 25 from Anub though and it is very nice. Other than that there is very little else.

GL

Deleted

Really got nothing to contribute except to say...

There are ppl going full crit (also gems and stuff) but for me that depends on what ya need to heal.
    ...what?

1. If you've got the gold, get into a togc/toc/icc25 gdkp run. The shield in ToC/ToGC is beast - the heroic one is actually better then the normal dropped one in ICC25. You can shoot for a Solace as well - which is HUGE for chain healing whores <;

2. Don't be shy to buy Stam/Int/Sp/Haste/Crit(or mp5) BoP's. Cloth, leather. Don't discriminate. Spirit is useless, but if something with spirit drops that is an all over otherwise upgrade - don't hesitate, roll. A little bit of useless stat (like on one peice) while you're gearing for higher content isn't going to end the world.

3. If you've got solid sp, and decent crit - go haste for gems. Use one sp/mp5 and one 12 sp/haste gem for the meta. If you feel like your sp is lacking you can toss some additional sp/haste gems in those red sockets for 7sp+ bonuses. But all in all, so long as your other stats aren't to unballanced, stick with haste. Faster chains = moar healing = win.

4. If your concerned about mana regen, go insightful earthseige for your meta. Its what I run even when I'm not concerned about mana issues.

5. There's a debate currently between our resto shamans if Glyph of Earthliving is better then Glyph of Riptide in high aoe fights where you're chaining a lot (aka, no time to riptide every 2/3/4 chain heal). If you're solid on your riptides, or running with low Rdruids (one, or none) I'd say stick with GoR. If the encounter calls for you to stand there and chainheal to victory - GoEL may be better. I'm not sold on it though. I <3 my riptide.

It's Penguin Heaven, Dave. It's anywhere you want it to be.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Really got nothing to contribute except to say...

...what?
    I guess if you only tank heal crit might be more attractive than haste, increasing throughput without reducing mana efficiency. Not something I've seen a lot of though.

Nice, thanks for the solid advice. Unfortunately on my server GDKP runs are few and far between, although I could always try and set one up. And for some reason nearly every pug I’ve gone into for ToC25 has been godawful, in fact on my shammy I’ve not seen past Beasts Jormungarr phase.... no one bothers to try and learn tacts.

I’m still trying to come to a conclusion on the T10... in fact I’m not sure I’ve done much work at work at all today... soon I’m going to start asking Clients what they think.