Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 1300-1700 Ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    Whats impressive is how much you rage on a single sentence, first never said 2k was bad, never been much higher myself on this toon, not that i care. I was just impressed that there was such small bgs. My comment was completly out of the context of the thread.

On another note, you should go take a walk or go breath some air. I wouldn't want you to have an Heart Attack due to one of my next post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relicra
    I feel like i am following you now from the other thread XD lol, but i think he was showing actual disbelief, because the person he was talking about was rated 2080 or so, and was actually in the top 100. I dont think he was meaning to insult him for being only 2000 rated.

Edit: lol slower than zergall XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash85
    lol ur dumb
    Where does the guy he quoted say ANYTHING about being top 100? Where does he respond to someone talking about being top 100? Oh, what's that? He doesn't? Oh my. Guess that means your quote is ridiculously misplaced to begin with and is in no way a response to what he said.

He responded to the OP. You respond with some completely unrelated comment in regards to his post. Why quote him to make an unrelated comment?
    That's like someone going "I like BMWs" and responding with "I prefer cheese." Your comment had nothing to do with what he said. Why quote him and say that if not to make the implications I inferred?

There is really a problem here.

The guys that say L2P and everything is fine , either have the 277 gear or they try to look 'pro' .

Seriously: When hitting 80 , you get lvl 200 gear, and the high end gear is 277, almost 1/3 more powerfull. WoW has become like counter strike, almost everywhere, it is more clear in bg's , and quite clear in arenas in some setups. I was playing only pvp in TBC, at that time u could at least make an entrance, get weapons with honor etc. Now u re forced to pve. No matter how easy it is to get them that way, u ARE forced.

Back in the day there was time for some strategy in the game, along with the option of nuking. Now a Elem shaman can go with a rogue/ret/ Dlock, and melt anyone in 2 globals.

Blizzard already knows these, so in Cata HP pools are bigger, there are more perks/spells/ hubrid specs/ and etc that help and bring strategy to the game. And also they bring back honour weapons along with rated BG's.

Short Story: In a game that in end lvl 80, person A can get 1/3 more powerful gear, just with the right guild, than a guy B at same lvl, pvp is doomed.

The above was happening on TBC but at that time there was only 1,2 guys per battleground that could wipe @ss, now everyone is oneshotting anyone.
    You have to decide:

1) DK's are stupid/retarded ppl that cant put 1K dps
    2) DK's are the OPest class ever, pwns everyone at everything everywhere

If u answered:

1) STFU with all the QQ posts about DK.. if u re beaten by a retarded guess what u are
    2) If the OPest class that wins you all the time is again pulling 1k DPS(still winning you) guess what u are

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Where does the guy he quoted say ANYTHING about being top 100? Where does he respond to someone talking about being top 100? Oh, what's that? He doesn't? Oh my. Guess that means your quote is ridiculously misplaced to begin with and is in no way a response to what he said.

He responded to the OP. You respond with some completely unrelated comment in regards to his post. Why quote him to make an unrelated comment?
    That's like someone going "I like BMWs" and responding with "I prefer cheese." Your comment had nothing to do with what he said. Why quote him and say that if not to make the implications I inferred?
    He quoted the dude because that was the guy who posted an armory which had a 2k rated toon in the top 100?

Like... I get your original point, but he just didn't mean it that way :/

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop
    He quoted the dude because that was the guy who posted an armory which had a 2k rated toon in the top 100?

At least someone understand my posts : /

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop

ohhhhhhh, I see now. Holy hell, I didn't think there were any BGs where 2kish would put you anywhere near top 100. Learn something new every day. Sorry guy I yelled at.

Guess I've seen one too many "hurf durf, you're not number 1 on your BG you don't matter" posts (I believe there was even one earlier in this thread, but it might've been another thread I was reading)

Quote Originally Posted by Qafaf
    Seriously seeing average pvper qq is fun.
    Any of you in the arenajunkies top 100 of your bracket? Bet not.
    heck any of you top 20 on your bg?

Ciao
    5th in 5vs5 in season 2, 3rd in 5vs5 in season 5, always been top 100 as long as I played (season 2-5). Arena is so full of glitches it's rarely fun. But I bet you only play some OP setup and you can look at arenas only thru your small glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    5th in 5vs5 in season 2, 3rd in 5vs5 in season 5, always been top 100 as long as I played (season 2-5). Arena is so full of glitches it's rarely fun. But I bet you only play some OP setup and you can look at arenas only thru your small glasses.
    When you get bored, run silly comps like double rogue warr lol. (hit 2400 last season with that comp)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    2k is top100 in your Battlegroup?
    Yeah it is, small server pool with low-medium populated realms.

Still max rating is 2,6k.

I Agree with OP, especially in 5v5 when i came across a keyboard turning clicker warrior with shadowmourne who we farmed for 2 rating like 3 times, then they just panic bladestormed and pwned my priest and we lost 20 odd rating,

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wesz
    I solo'd a 277 pve geared warrior and furious resto druid on my alt rogue My partner was afk i sapped the warrior who didn't have a trinket equipped at 1750 mmr.
    Warriors can beserker rage out of sap for your information. They can also beserker rage out of a gouge (I'm guessing you don't know that also). Not to mention how do you know he didn't have a trinket equipped? By the sounds of it the guy just didn't know what he was doing. Possibly being carried, hence the not so horrific MMR.

i really dont know shit when it comes to arena, but my team walked into arena and only took us a couple days to get to 1875, we would have had shoulders today/tomorrow cause of downtime on servers but i snoozed past our 5s times and our jew "yes hes jewish" wasnt there the other day we would have played. arena isnt hard you just need to know when to use what move and time your cooldowns accordingly

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Holymuffin
    i really dont know shit when it comes to arena, but my team walked into arena and only took us a couple days to get to 1875, we would have had shoulders today/tomorrow cause of downtime on servers but i snoozed past our 5s times and our jew "yes hes jewish" wasnt there the other day we would have played. arena isnt hard you just need to know when to use what move and time your cooldowns accordingly
    Let me guess:

1. You have full relentless bought with Frost emblems + maybe 1-2 items from VoA
    2. You have access to 277 PvE items
    3. You have weapon from Lich King
    4. You have NEVER got past 1700 ratings on any other bracket than 5v5
    5. Your current 2v2 and 3v3 are below 1500 rating

So please link your armory so i can check how many out of those 5 i got right

Quote Originally Posted by Holymuffin
    arena isnt hard you just need to know when to use what move and time your cooldowns accordingly
    Oh btw... 5v5 has nothing to do with skill before you reach maybe the top 5 teams. Just get 2-3 casters, 1-2 healers + Mortal/aimed/wound and you are good to go atleast up to 2,2k ratings.

Why can't i have 3x 3v3 teams instead of having 1 of each size (2v2, 3v3, 5v5)? ;<

you pretty much summed it all up, like i said i have no real skill in arena what-so-ever, lol. but im having fun =p

Quote Originally Posted by Arena Master Bobzor of The Horde
    I recently dinged 80 on my DK and manage to get 1800 with furious/wrathful offpiece gear quite easily. Gear is such a small factor in pvp.
    Agreed currently full furious on my warlock at 2k with a holy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol
    Oh btw... 5v5 has nothing to do with skill before you reach maybe the top 5 teams. Just get 2-3 casters, 1-2 healers + Mortal/aimed/wound and you are good to go atleast up to 2,2k ratings.
    I wouldn't put it like that. 5vs5 has more to do with skill than 2vs2: it's less based on the same repetitive patterns, and being aware of two enemies is easier than being aware of five. That's exactly WHY 5vs5 gives easy rating: because it's hard, therefore you're unlikely to meet teams really able to master it until you reach the very very top. Mastering 2vs2 features is easier, you need 'little' skill to be good with it, therefore there's a lot of competition (plus it's rediculously class-unbalanced).
    So, the right way to put it would be: 5vs5 rating isn't plain indicator of PvP skill. But 5vs5 has to do with skill, indeed it has.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    5th in season 1 5v5 here!

but tbh, 5on5s is umm, hard to get rolling on but once you got it rolling on, top 20 is cake with active players and good setup

just learn to play...

I got 2250 MMR on my paladin with furious gear, so does the shammy that is in the team so just stop the QQ and learn to play your fucking class

My priest alt+resto drood BG farming with one of our warlocks, playing destro and critting people for 22k with soul fire. He did 1 shot me when I was in PvEgear, Tho we usally end up with him on 30,40 KB's and 0 deaths.
    Fun as hell, not tring to epeen, just proving that people are right, Going in with PvPgeared healers, and a 277 dps can grant you massive ammounts of HK's and honor.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by littledr00d View Post
    just learn to play...

I got 2250 MMR on my paladin with furious gear, so does the shammy that is in the team so just stop the QQ and learn to play your fucking class
    agree with that, jesus if you are in furious gear i can understand you dont get 2700 rating but 2k should ne be the big prob here i have seen lot of priest,rogue, any kind of class with furious gear at 2100-2200 rating and myself played a resto shamy with a lock afflic to 2.3k rating both guys in furious and the warlock had not full off piece wrathful and deadly glove too... so stop to troll

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    i have seen lot of priest,rogue, any kind of class with furious gear at 2100-2200 rating
    You just pulled a random setup there, I see