Deleted

New spells ideas tread#971

Yap, im bored. Lets hop into it then:
    (yes, i copypasted spell tooltips to make it clearer)

Prayer of Redemption - Places a spell on the target that increases spellcasting speed of spells cast on the target while dead by 50%. When the speed increase effect occurs, Prayer of Redemption jumps to a dead party or raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 60 sec after each jump. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time. [has a holy'ish graphic on the body so its visible]

Power Word: Fist - Draws on the soul of the friendly target to enhance interrupt effects. The next interrupt effect knock the target back 5 yards instead. The knockback effect does not interrupt spellcasting. Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec. [looks like a Divine Storm hammer flying around (just 1 fist, not the whole graphic)]

Shadow Word: Void - Places a large, stationary Void Zone that deals 159 to 212 Shadow damage every 1 sec to enemy targets inside it. The Void Zone lasts for 10 sec or until it deals [10000 + 4 * SP] spell damage. [same graphic as valithria void zones]

Deleted

Re: New spells ideas tread#971

I don't really get what Prayer of redemption should be useful for...

also:
    Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec.
    ... wording is kinda... weird

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    I don't really get what Prayer of redemption should be useful for...
    Faster ressurection. imagine rezzing in arenas? (yeah probably OP)

Prayer of Redemption would be too OP, people would often try to get priests and with two priests in a group hero wouldnt hardly have to be used. Power Word:Fist is kinda pointless because if you are using an interrupt that is meant to INTERRUPT and it knocks the target back NOT interrupting the spell cast that can screw things up.

But I do like the Shadow Word:Void idea. Would be pretty neat as a Shadow spec spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectro
    And what the mods are trying to say is not that every music is full of unicorns and sparkles and flying chewbaccas... they are trying to tell you that no matter what someone listens to you should respect their tastes
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux
    you're retarded...seriously I don't even think you're trolling it's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by phys
    Prayer of Redemption would be too OP, people would often try to get priests and with two priests in a group hero wouldnt hardly have to be used.
    Read it again. It can only be cast on DEAD players, and it affects the haste of spells cast ON them, not BY them.

Sounds like a hilariously useless talent/spell. A talent/spell to speed up rezzing, which is already like, 6-7 seconds with a good amount of haste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by frag971
    Power Word: Fist - Draws on the soul of the friendly target to enhance interrupt effects. The next interrupt effect knock the target back 5 yards instead. The knockback effect does not interrupt spellcasting. Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec. [looks like a Divine Storm hammer flying around (just 1 fist, not the whole graphic)]
    ...The next interrupt effect knock the target back 5 yards instead. The knockback effect does not interrupt spellcasting. Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec. [looks like a Divine Storm hammer flying around (just 1 fist, not the whole graphic)]
    ...The knockback effect does not interrupt spellcasting. Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec.
    ...Once fisted, the target cannot be shielded or fisted again for 15 sec...

Deleted

Yes Xspace, you can choose to knock someone off the bridge in blade edge or off a tower in AV for example. And this does work with counterspells you know, even on warlock felhunter

What's the cast time and scaling on Void? The other two are useless, except that you can say you 'fisted' someone, so I won't bother.

Void though? You have a 10k + 400% SP cap on it, but only have it capable of doing 2k damage. Is the 4k SP meant to be the scaling? A void zone is a good idea, well ish, Mage and Paladin both already have one.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Read it again. It can only be cast on DEAD players, and it affects the haste of spells cast ON them, not BY them.

Sounds like a hilariously useless talent/spell. A talent/spell to speed up rezzing, which is already like, 6-7 seconds with a good amount of haste?
    Welcome to Wrath of the Lich King, welcome to patch 3.3 where a 6 second cast might as well be a 10 minute boss fight.

The Redemption one seems a bit...well, useless. I mean, Discipline can just PW:S themselves and use the Borrowed Time speed effect if they want, it's almost as big a casting speed increase, and you can use the spell haste for everything, not just Resurrection in the Arena.

The Void Zone could be interesting though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Prayer of Redemption - Places a spell on the target that increases spellcasting speed of spells cast on the target while dead by 50%. When the speed increase effect occurs, Prayer of Redemption jumps to a dead party or raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 60 sec after each jump. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time. [has a holy'ish graphic on the body so its visible]
    Seems pretty pointless. Hell, why not just have a filler talent that reduces the cast time of Resurrection? Oh, or better yet, what about a Resurrection Chakra? If you cast Resurrection 3x in a row, you can now cast it 50% faster? Good for wipe recovery, I guess.

It might be moderately useful for arena, but still not really sure when I'd rather have that instead of a PWS. If you're Shadow, you can just switch to mind spike. If you're Disc, well, PWS is just too awesome. And, well, who does PVP as Holy?

Shadow Word: Void - Places a large, stationary Void Zone that deals 159 to 212 Shadow damage every 1 sec to enemy targets inside it. The Void Zone lasts for 10 sec or until it deals [10000 + 4 * SP] spell damage. [same graphic as valithria void zones]
    This is something that Shadow Priests have been asking for for a long time, but probably needs to be a bit different since having it around the Priest would be lame since it's a ranged class, and throwing in a target circle would limit it's usefulness. I think it would be neat if, instead, there were a way to proc somewhat small void zones under a target, maybe as one way to use the new shadow orbs.

highly doubt they'll ever give priests an other aoe spell as MS is already fine as it is.

as for the other two, nuf to say as it's not worth it.