15+ Year Old Account

Restoration Shaman UI

Your user interface as a Restoration Shaman.

(still under development)

Re: Restoration Shaman UI

I heal with the powers of my mind alone.

10+ Year Old Account

???

Surely all healers of any class would want similar UI's....

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Your user interface as a Restoration Shaman.
    2 many addons.. don't like it

Here's mine in action: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=142465

I've done a few minor changes to it after specing Elemental,i'll see if i can take a new SS this week and post it.

Armory link ^

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkha
    Here's mine in action: http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=142465

I've done a few minor changes to it after specing Elemental,i'll see if i can take a new SS this week and post it.
    I like the part where you ate an entire slime spray =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    It would either be that,or people dying.I chose the first :P

Armory link ^

It would either be that,or people dying.I chose the first :P
    I'm just messin' with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    You know you cant avoid slime spray if its cast on you right? Even if you move he still turns and continues spraying you.

Still trying to find a good place for my dxe timers, decursive menu and side menu aren't meant to be showing, bugs like that sometimes. Unit frames are now suf, with a bit more info on them and slightly less wide, this ui is from a couple of weeks back. Anyways hope you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena

Still trying to find a good place for my dxe timers, decursive menu and side menu aren't meant to be showing, bugs like that sometimes. Unit frames are now suf, with a bit more info on them and slightly less wide, this ui is from a couple of weeks back. Anyways hope you like.
    You basicaly took LUI v 2.0 and made it look worse with some random timers/bars scattered all over the screen. :P
    Anyway there's a new version of it out now,LUI v 3.0,maybe you should update.

Armory link ^

I like it. Clean and minimalistic UI is what I like, although, I spend most of my time watching Grid anyway.

You basicaly took LUI v 2.0 and made it look worse with some random timers/bars scattered all over the screen. :P
    Anyway there's a new version of it out now,LUI v 3.0,maybe you should update.
    It's not LUI, it is TukUI. I did used to use the standard tukui which was very minimalist but I'm more one of function than minimalist. I liked the ui for its layout, and I have kept that the same. The 'random bars all over your screen' is a bit of an exaggeration, I have only got my quartz cast bar, not really sure what other bars you are on about. I took grid back because I have used it for a long time and didn't want to change it as I have customised it with buffs/debuffs/hots/ES etc closely. Debuffs under grid so i can see them. Power auras for obvious reasons. The one thing I don't like about tukui was it was just easier in alot of cases to use the main addons i am used to along with the layout as they were just easier to customise. There is a difference between having everything there that you need, and neat, than having things dotted all over your screen in a random fashion.

I don't care much for all the minimalist stuff, I have found a fine balance where everything is neat, and very functional and where I need it. I admire those that can have next to nothing on their screen, but I have found it very difficult to play with that kind of ui as I like everything there staring in my face and if I need more than a power aura to tell me if something is off cooldown then so be it. It is often hard to take my attention away from grid sometimes anyway :P. As long as I can see fire under my feet...

15+ Year Old Account

Totemtimers is probably the most used totem management addon, and I really like it, but something I want to achieve with my UI is to get below 8 MB. Therefor since I don't really use all functions inside TT, I was wondering if there were an addon out there that might be a better choice (lighter memory). I want the addon to allow me to move and size the totem bar (all buttons individually) and still have that arrow thing to choose other totems and totem builds. Anyone have some tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena
    It's not LUI, it is TukUI. I did used to use the standard tukui which was very minimalist but I'm more one of function than minimalist. I liked the ui for its layout, and I have kept that the same. The 'random bars all over your screen' is a bit of an exaggeration, I have only got my quartz cast bar, not really sure what other bars you are on about. I took grid back because I have used it for a long time and didn't want to change it as I have customised it with buffs/debuffs/hots/ES etc closely. Debuffs under grid so i can see them. Power auras for obvious reasons. The one thing I don't like about tukui was it was just easier in alot of cases to use the main addons i am used to along with the layout as they were just easier to customise. There is a difference between having everything there that you need, and neat, than having things dotted all over your screen in a random fashion.

I don't care much for all the minimalist stuff, I have found a fine balance where everything is neat, and very functional and where I need it. I admire those that can have next to nothing on their screen, but I have found it very difficult to play with that kind of ui as I like everything there staring in my face and if I need more than a power aura to tell me if something is off cooldown then so be it. It is often hard to take my attention away from grid sometimes anyway :P. As long as I can see fire under my feet...
    Let me give you some friendly advise on how i think you can make it more practical.

-First of all why do you have omen?Are you afraid you might pull aggro from the tanks?Disable it.
    -Why do you have recount visible during combat?It only distracts you,without providing any usefull information.
    -Try using Clique instead of Decursive.Saves you space and let's you focus on 10 player bars instead of 20.
    -Use mouseover macros (ex. /cast [@mouseover] Riptide ).
    -Disable non-mana power bars on grid.
    -Hide the empty action bar on the right side of your screen.

That's all i can think for now.Hope it helps

Armory link ^

Let me give you some friendly advise on how i think you can make it more practical.

-First of all why do you have omen?Are you afraid you might pull aggro from the tanks?Disable it.
    -Why do you have recount visible during combat?It only distracts you,without providing any usefull information.
    -Try using Clique instead of Decursive.Saves you space and let's you focus on 10 player bars instead of 20.
    -Use mouseover macros (ex. /cast [@mouseover] Riptide ).
    -Disable non-mana power bars on grid.
    -Hide the empty action bar on the right side of your screen.

That's all i can think for now.Hope it helps
    Thank you for the tips. I show omen simply because I have read that it is important for a healer to see, personally I like it because sometimes aggro on grid gets a little confused when both tanks are close on threat and I look at omen just to check who is on top. In reality target of target does that fine, but I do play elemental on some fights, so meh. No real reason to show recount but I have to say it is a memory hog. Problem is I like things to look symmetrical and have it there to fill the space, and I like to see dps/healing meters though I could just set them to not show in combat, would look weird though :-\.

Yea I use Clique and decursive. Guess that is pointless but my right click is riptide on grid, and cleanse spirit on decursive. That way I don't have to change a bind but also decursive makes things a tad easier. It is really transparent so doesn't get in the way, but it makes sense to make it more 'compact' as you suggest and to lower my embarassingly high memory usage (blame recount). I used mouseovers before I went to clique. Still use them as seperate bindings for things like harvest soul, etc. The power/energy bars are pointless, I agree. And the right bar is actually full of abilities that only shows on mouseover but it bugs sometimes. Thanks again for the tips, still a fairly new healer so still tweaking my ui where I can to help me along the way . Any other tips from others are welcome!

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2...0510160328.jpg

It's basically something called Quiter UI with a few changes, the white text in the middle is my Poweraura for water shield (in case I forget ^^), I also have a timer that shows Earth Shield stacks on which target.'

The reason my bartender bars aren't filled out completely is because it's my alt, so I can't really be arsed completing it. Ofc as the perfectionist I am I have filled everything out so it's symmetrical on my Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kinettik
    You know you cant avoid slime spray if its cast on you right? Even if you move he still turns and continues spraying you.
    No?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Totemtimers is probably the most used totem management addon, and I really like it, but something I want to achieve with my UI is to get below 8 MB. Therefor since I don't really use all functions inside TT, I was wondering if there were an addon out there that might be a better choice (lighter memory). I want the addon to allow me to move and size the totem bar (all buttons individually) and still have that arrow thing to choose other totems and totem builds. Anyone have some tips?
    Don't use one. I used to use UltimateHSamnaUI and thought I couldn't live without totem timers and Shaman friend. When I switched over to LUI 3.0 I never redownloaded it. Havent needed it either, just setup my keybinds better, and setup a PvE, PvP, and special with the three calls of _ _ _ _.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit