15+ Year Old Account

The Last Airbender.

So.. Avatar: The Last Airbender was probably Nickelodeon's last good cartoon. Now it's a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqQgyMbpAM

I read a bit about it and at first it kinda sounded like it would be kinda crappy.. opinions of M.Knight Sh.. jackson. are very split. Some say he's a hack others say he's fantastic. I personally enjoy his movies.. even the ones people say are complete crap (The Happening).

Overall I'd say this movie looks great even though I'm a bit concerned about the kid playing Aangs ability to act. This is his first movie and he was picked because of his exceptional skill at martial arts.

(One request.. Keep the now infamous discussion about racism in the casting to a minimum please..).

Re: The Last Airbender.

The trailers look cool....
    I wish they could make a Naruto trilogy with such details....

but...

Elementium
    Cata/General Mod

6713???

Quote Originally Posted by habs

but...

Elementium
    Cata/General Mod

6713???
    Not the point of this Thread.

It looks like it will be a alright movie. But I don't see it being groundbreaking by any means. If you're a fan of the cartoon, there's a good chance you'll see it and ether be disgusted of thrilled. If you're a outsider you look at it with a tilted head of "WTF is this shit".

Also, I would've chose a cast by their ability to act over their martial skills, the kid who plays Aang is probably going to ruin it with that voice.

The special effects look amazing, I can only guess it'll be twice as good in 3D. I think this film will definitely be worth seeing. The only question is, how are they going to squeeze the plot of the TV show in one movie of 2-3 hours? Most movies based on long storylines are well-executed in terms of special effects/acting etc, but when they're trying to squeeze too complicated a plot in 2 hours that makes it look sloppy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Not the point of this Thread.

It looks like it will be a alright movie. But I don't see it being groundbreaking by any means. If you're a fan of the cartoon, there's a good chance you'll see it and ether be disgusted of thrilled. If you're a outsider you look at it with a tilted head of "WTF is this shit".

Also, I would've chose a cast by their ability to act over their martial skills, the kid who plays Aang is probably going to ruin it with that voice.
    That's what I mean. I have a bad feeling about his acting skills.. there is 3 trailers and in all of them he only speaks like 3 words and the rest is just a martial arts demonstration. When he did speak it sounded like he was just saying what the director told him to say and not actually acting the part.

Quote Originally Posted by habs

but...

Elementium
    Cata/General Mod

6713???
    please god no. Never wish for that, we would have another Dragonball Evolution on our hands.

If that does happen, I will hold you responsible and I will hunt you down on horseback with a spear.

Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

I'd see a Naruto movie, if they remove Naruto.

I think The Last Airbender will be enjoyable, loose fan of the cartoon, just hater of M. Night Shameonyou. What a tweest! I couldn't think he'd ruin established material, but then it is tagged as written, directed, and produced by him so... this might put him in the Ewe Boll catagory if he jacks it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account

The Last Airbender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgaV...eature=related

Anyone gunna see it? I'm pretty excited about it. /discuss after watching video.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: The Last Airbender

oh crap, someone already made a topic. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Personally, after seeing what they did to Dragonball evolution, I'm not too excited.

And not just dragonball, but just about every non-book that gets turned into a movie.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Personally, after seeing what they did to Dragonball evolution, I'm not too excited.

And not just dragonball, but just about every non-book that gets turned into a movie.
    I'm excited at least. It will be interresting. Same with Prince of Persia.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by seam

Some how books that were turned into full lengthed Movies always turn out bad, why cant they leave those books alone, just read it and leave it as it is, A book

15+ Year Old Account

Merged the two topics together.

10+ Year Old Account

I may see it. I watched up to the end of the earth book and saw like the 1st few of the fire book.

A question that I have is how far will the movie get you and should I look up the rest of the show before I see the movie?
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haruno
    I may see it. I watched up to the end of the earth book and saw like the 1st few of the fire book.

A question that I have is how far will the movie get you and should I look up the rest of the show before I see the movie?
    It looks like the movie will be based on the first season so you would just need to see the episodes that are cut out.

I didn't realize this movie wasn't going to be animated! Graphics look cool but I don't think I like it because no sense of reality. You think if you got hit by fire you would catch on fire? Looks better animated.
    Also it does look like they are redoing the first season. Seems like either a long movie or a crappy movie and I kinda hope they do make some twists to the story, o wait its M.Knight...
    And I have to agree about the actor chose for playing Aang. He sorta looks like him but I don't think he is going to have the cheerful upbeat personality.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haruno

I'd recommend finishing the series. It's probably the last good thing to come from Nickelodeon. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie is only the first part of a series of films.