Brief Question About Crit Cap. [Enhance]

I have a question about crit cap.
    I was using the most updated crit cap spreadsheet off elitist jerks and put in all the numbers.

Getting the results that I have 8.342155872 more room for crit.

And -273.54 hit rating needed to reach crit cap.

Can someone please explain to me exactly what this information means and how I should look forward to choosing my next piece of gear.

Thanks.

Re: Brief Question About Crit Cap. [Enhance]

i suggest you use the basic formula for determining your own melee soft crit cap

80.8(melee hard crit cap)- your miss chance

fully buffed crit chance <=> melee soft crit cap, compare them and you´ll know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

When you are over the crit cap (say 2%) then an additional 2% of your white melee swings can not crit so some of your melee crit is being wasted. At this point if you add +hit, your crit % will go up and will probably be a dps increase until you are back near 0% over the cap...

the -273.54 hit rating thing: I think that would be the amount of extra hit you have that is keeping you above the crit cap

So, if you add 8.34% more crit or have 273.54 less hit rating you will reach the melee crit cap...I don't think you have to worry about the crit cap yet....

A link to your toon would be nice, and I am not totally satisfied w/my explanation, but I tried...

Hey, this is the best I can give you about my toon as of right now as I logged out in my resto gear. (D'oh!)

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21398142

Everything is accurate.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-shaman/(enh)-crit-cap/msg2149817/#msg2149817