Is there a boycott for EA yet?

Seriously, thats the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

Re: Is there a boycott for EA yet?

I suppose I boycott them in a way, haven't bought a single game from them in years because they seem to produce utter shite. What's this in regard too?

Common people.

Activision is the trendy boycott now!

EA's actually publishing some high quality games out there.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frayae
    EA's actually publishing some high quality games out there.
    High quality? I don't think so. Take The Sims series. All of the games were horribly buggy, but TS2 and TS3, along with its EPs, were much more to the point that people had to make third-party hacks just to fix all the game-breaking bugs!

Plus, they resorted to using the shitty DRM that is SecuROM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I don't know about a Boycott of EA, but I just wish they would stop producing so much Shovelware. I mean if you are going to put your logo on a game, you might as well make sure it's good.

I boycott all game companies (except Blizzard and old Infocom) equally.

15+ Year Old Account

I thoroughly enjoyed Crysis..

activision is much much worse than EA i feel

10+ Year Old Account

Why to not boycott EA:

Crysis series (Crytek)
    Battlefield series (DICE)
    Dead Space series (EA studios)
    Dragon Age series (Bioware)
    Mass Effect series (Bioware)
    Star Wars : The Old Republic (Bioware)

Bitch and moan all you want about the SecurROM controversy, but they did actually admit that it does nothing but hurt honest gamers and apologized for it.

Yes, they do produce worthless annual rehashes (sports series, NFS, Sims, etc), but they and the developers they own have made some amazingly kick ass games in recent years. If anything, boycott Activision. They have all but openely admitted they don't give a fuck about PC gamers, they force their developers to push buggy games out onto the market, and they haven't released anything decent in forever. Blizzard is their sole, saving grace. Infinity Ward is practically no more after most of their members got sick and tired of Activision's bullshit and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    High quality? I don't think so. Take The Sims series. All of the games were horribly buggy, but TS2 and TS3, along with its EPs, were much more to the point that people had to make third-party hacks just to fix all the game-breaking bugs!

Maxis is a shell of its former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Frayae
    Maxis is a shell of its former self.

Isn't that the Truth. WTB a very well made Sim City game. The last few were garbage and came out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac

There's a strong chance Maxis' downfall has nothing to do with EA itself.

Also SecuROM is shit but honestly it has little effect unless you're pirating things.

EA is the publisher of such greats as Mass Effect 1/2, Rock Band 1/2, Dead Space (with number 2 on the way). I believe they also published the retail boxes of Valve's Orange Box. Have they done some stupid things? Yes. Ran some franchises into the ground? Sure. But they are a publisher, if they ask a developer to release something early it's the developer's job to tell them to fuck off.

tl;dr: most of you don't understand the gaming industry. Hating an individual company for a few missteps is fucking childish.

I work at EA, I don't know about you, but many people (Euro Football fans, I'm looking at you), demand new sports games every year, regardless of how much time we have to put into graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgex
    I work at EA, I don't know about you, but many people (Euro Football fans, I'm looking at you), demand new sports games every year, regardless of how much time we have to put into graphics.
    Well, a roster update (as paid DLC or free) would be nice on years when there's no noticeable gameplay improvements.

I don't play sports games though, so I don't really care.

Unless i am reading it wrong, i don't actually the gripe about Dead Space... I actually enjoyed it.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Boycotting EA, and more people should too.

They're the devil.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

instead of bitchin about shitty games why dont u do something and go out and code your own?

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89
    instead of bitchin about shitty games why dont u do something and go out and code your own?
    Because bitching about existing ones is a LOT easier, and gives you more to bitch about?