Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New-age Lil wayne etc is not 'rap'.

Fuck Tupac, tbh... never liked anything he's done... one track I can listen to on a good day is the track on 'The Big Picture' where he features.

For battle raps; check Copywrite or Jakki da Motamouth. Good shit!
    Louis Logic too

7l and Esoteric have some gems!

Gortex/Necro/Sabac Red, etc...

Too many... too many...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA

a bit of comic relief, these guys are real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Run DMC, Eminem, yes please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Islander
    Run DMC, Eminem, yes please!
    Oh forogt about Run DMC,great group
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    "what happens if the unstoppable force hits the immovable object?"
    ...54 translations later we get:
    "Pressure loss."

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVmNbVu2KA

a bit of comic relief, these guys are real.
    The funny part is it's still better than Kanye West and Lil Wayne.
    "Pressure loss."

Eminem.. eh. He's too commercial now, never was a fan anyways, one of the few i guess. everyone calls him good ;s
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Eminem.. eh. He's too commercial now, never was a fan anyways, one of the few i guess. everyone calls him good ;s
    Well to be perfectly honest I disagree,he isn't commercial at all and never was.
    "Pressure loss."

That came out wrong. compare his 'not afraid' song to his old stuff. it's lead by the chorus, I don't know I think he changed a lot. Only song I like was toy soldiers to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPZ2-FVcM3M

again, might have posted, not going to go through and check. a good classic. Masta Ace is and will be one of my favorites for a long time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I finally found a hip hop thread so I had to make and account on mmo.
    Anyways big underground hip hop head here off the top of my head some good artist that I listen too while I PvP/PvE

Jedi Mind Tricks
    Dumbfoundead
    Atmosphere
    Aesop Rock
    Sage Francis
    Camu Tao - "Plot for a little" is an awesome track imo
    and recently started listening to Soul Khan pretty good stuff

Tech N9ne!

I miss the Ol' Dirtayyyy... :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPZ2-FVcM3M

again, might have posted, not going to go through and check. a good classic. Masta Ace is and will be one of my favorites for a long time.
    I really loved it TYVM.
    "Pressure loss."

Jurassic 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zullluhead
    I really loved it TYVM.
    Yeah, he's something different. Hasn't changed at all over the years really, That's how I like it.

I know you all hate Lil Wayne, but. I have to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcK8mS4JCug

Great song. good beat, vibe. etc.

Eminem became commercial after his 'Slim Shady LP' release. He still showed he had skill on features and 1-off tracks (High & Mighty - 'The Last Hit' for example), but his albums are fuckin shit!

Jedi Mind Tricks are amazing! Pretty much everything on their 'Violent by design' album is great! Vinny Paz is the skilled emcee here, though... the flow and rhyme content by Jus Allah is crazy weak sometimes and he almost repeats himself sometimes, and on his solo material it's poooooooop... Vinny always pulls it out though. Pure!

Camu Tao was great! RIP to him... 'Plot for a little' is a neck breaker The EP it appears on is pretty good all the way through imo! Some of his freestyles are badass too! The one that starts "Y'all don't know who this is... I'll stick a hot poker in your ass till you confess you did" is funny shit! And the Nighthawks LP he did with Cage has some badass tracks on it! Cage infact! 'Movies for the Blind' is awesome!

Insight - 'Blast Radius' - Awesome album, and he wrote, produced, and performed everything! Respect due!!!

Nobody said anything about Busta Rhymes! The Coming -> Anarchy are great!!! Really not feeling the new shit though... Though I just got an album by J Dilla and Busta, which seems nice! J died halfway through making it though, so some tracks arent mastered properly... RIP J Dilla!

Madlib (J Dilla and Madlib) - Can't remember the name of the album :P 'Champion Sound' - my memory does work! :O Some great tracks on there! Introduced me to Guilty Simpson too, which was nice

Chino XL - 'Wordsmith'. One of the best tracks in the world! The rhyme ability here is fuckin unreal! Either took him years to write, or hes genius! Or both!

Bluefoot - another UK hiphop producer. Gems galore!

Louis Parker - UKHH again... hit and miss, but when he's good, he's goooooood!

Oneself. !!!!!! Project of DJ Vadim. Awesome! Saw em live when I didn't know anything about them other than Vadim's input, and was blown away! Well worth a look!

Yeah, he's something different. Hasn't changed at all over the years really, That's how I like it.
    I mean seriously TYVM VERY good music and I love ALL of his tracks,gonna buy all his albums since he DESERVES the money for this music.
    "Pressure loss."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    Eminem became commercial after his 'Slim Shady LP' release. He still showed he had skill on features and 1-off tracks (High & Mighty - 'The Last Hit' for example), but his albums are fuckin shit!

Jedi Mind Tricks are amazing! Pretty much everything on their 'Violent by design' album is great! Vinny Paz is the skilled emcee here, though... the flow and rhyme content by Jus Allah is crazy weak sometimes and he almost repeats himself sometimes, and on his solo material it's poooooooop... Vinny always pulls it out though. Pure!

Camu Tao was great! RIP to him... 'Plot for a little' is a neck breaker The EP it appears on is pretty good all the way through imo! Some of his freestyles are badass too! The one that starts "Y'all don't know who this is... I'll stick a hot poker in your ass till you confess you did" is funny shit! And the Nighthawks LP he did with Cage has some badass tracks on it! Cage infact! 'Movies for the Blind' is awesome!

Insight - 'Blast Radius' - Awesome album, and he wrote, produced, and performed everything! Respect due!!!

Nobody said anything about Busta Rhymes! The Coming -> Anarchy are great!!! Really not feeling the new shit though... Though I just got an album by J Dilla and Busta, which seems nice! J died halfway through making it though, so some tracks arent mastered properly... RIP J Dilla!

Madlib (J Dilla and Madlib) - Can't remember the name of the album :P 'Champion Sound' - my memory does work! :O Some great tracks on there! Introduced me to Guilty Simpson too, which was nice

Chino XL - 'Wordsmith'. One of the best tracks in the world! The rhyme ability here is fuckin unreal! Either took him years to write, or hes genius! Or both!

Bluefoot - another UK hiphop producer. Gems galore!

Louis Parker - UKHH again... hit and miss, but when he's good, he's goooooood!

Oneself. !!!!!! Project of DJ Vadim. Awesome! Saw em live when I didn't know anything about them other than Vadim's input, and was blown away! Well worth a look!
    Im sorry but after saying that Eminem basically is skilless you note Busta Rhymes,I mean REALLY ?

10+ Year Old Account

Btw don't know if everybody saw the Eminem-Not Afraid premiere but I personally would recommened watching this atleast once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yK...rom=PL&index=1