Nibelung as elemental, will haste rule?

Hey people, I have a question about the 264 staff that drops off Lady Deathwhisper, Nibelung.

There is a great topic on this forum about the staff as elemental, however it doesnt answer my question. My question is, will haste be greater then Spellpower with this staff? With more haste, you get more spells off (even more with LO procs) and the valkyr will proc a lot more. Since the proc doesnt have an ICD, I think haste would definately rock.

If I change all the Spellpower gems I have at the moment, I will lose about 360 spellpower and gain the same amount in haste. I will be at around ~1189 haste then, but also a really shallow ~2350 Spellpower (without trinket stacks + Weapon buff + totems).

What do you guys think? Will haste be awesome with this staff?

PS: Armory if anyone cares: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ammer&cn=Zepid

Re: Nibelung as elemental, will haste rule?

You have 290 hit with your current weapon, which gives you 136 hit. You're already too low on hit rating so my guess to this would be no. Not until you have enough hit on your gear to compensate for the loss of hit from switching to Nibelung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    You have 290 hit with your current weapon, which gives you 136 hit. You're already too low on hit rating so my guess to this would be no. Not until you have enough hit on your gear to compensate for the loss of hit from switching to Nibelung.
    I can equip my badge trinket and put in a 12 SP 10 hit gem and im hitcapped again

Thanks for the input though

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    290 hit rating is not low Im sorry to inform you it leaves him slightly over 11% which is the cap with a SP or Boomkin in the raid.

For a well balanced raid you only need 263 hit rating.. with that said, i'm not a big fan of nibelung.. its got spell power but thats it compared to other staves that have 120+ int 120+stam so on and so forth. I've also seen it pull mobs when the birds proc which can be annoying when they fly around and break a trap in ICC or pull a skipped pat

You should not consider a staff as an elemental shaman. 1 hand weapons and shields give you far greater options stat wise. You can hit the soft haste cap easily using just gear, and not using Nibelung.

The Valkyr are awesome though. My Resto shaman has the heroic version rotting in his bank atm ^^
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account

I remember a thread discussing whether heroic nibelung could possible even be BiS for some fights (I believe at least finnober, zamir, and myself posted in the thread although I can't find it) and it was concluded (pre flame shock changes) that yes the valkyrs and immense spellpower could make it viable on some fights.

Now, given the changes to flame shock hastes value has increased again somewhat so I'm unsure about nibelungs potential. Considering it invariably goes to d/e in our raids I can pick up a heroic one next time and test it out.

Another interesting thought would be to make up somewhat for the haste lost with the new trinket from Ruby Sanctum but I see myself getting that trinket regardless

Deleted

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...le%29nibelung/
    This is the thread "whowherewhat?" meant.
    It IS rather old, so things might have changed a little... but not really that much, I guess. (I'm not playing anymore, so I stopped about what's best)
    You should probably look for yourself.

And one thing to blahism:
    You fail. Take a look at his armory. See that race? That one with the green skin? That race, that looks like a member of the orcs, who are somewhat member of the horde? That one there? In the 3D-picture?
    Yeah, I thought so... now what do we (except for you) know? Right, Spacecows aren't members of the horde. So a HORDE shaman will never have that 1% hit from a squidface, meaning that our hitcap is indeed 289 hit rating.(fully buffed)

I think hes reffering to an EJ thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by HidaRonin
    I think hes reffering to an EJ thread.
    Nah DaDimis got it right. Some quick calculations has me losing 42 sp, 110 crit and 60 haste if I pick this up tho...I'm not sure if the proc can make up for that : /

well nibelung isn't really an option for you since you Lack hit and if you use 2x 264 wep+shield they will beat nibelung due to haste+more sp

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypants
    well nibelung isn't really an option for you since you Lack hit and if you use 2x 264 wep+shield they will beat nibelung due to haste+more sp
    Well, I don't "Lack" hit, If I change the shitty ulduar trinket for the EoT one and put in a veiled ametrine, Im gonna be hitcapped without the staff. Trinket gives a haste CD too, which gives more chance to proc the valkyr.

Short answer. SP > haste > Crit (as long as you're hit capped). So no, do not swap out SP for haste ever.

Explanation:
    It's pretty simple - in actuality SP and Haste are ~= in terms of DPS value with a bit of a lean toward SP. However, SP gems give you 23 SP while haste gems give only 20 haste, this means you're gaining 3 extra DPS for every SP gem you have. Situations where you want a pure 20 haste gem are pretty much non existent. There are cases where you want a hybrid 12 SP / 10haste gem (Reckles Ametrite) but that's based on socket bonuses.

Just think of 1 haste as 1 DPS and 1 SP as 1 DPS and you cant go wrong, just always shoot for what averages you gaining more DPS.

Runed Cardinal Ruby (23 SP = 23 DPS)
    Quick King's Amber (20 haste = 20 DPS)
    Reckless Ametrite (12 SP + 10 Haste = 22 DPS)

Take socket bonuses into account.
    Exmaple:
    Leggings with a red socket and yellow socket and a 5 sp socket bonus
    Gemming - 23 SP + 23 SP = 46 DPS
    Gemming - 23 SP + 12 SP / 10 Haste = 45 DPS + 5 from socket bonus = 50

I picked up that staff just for fun, cause (look surprised) No body wanted it. Tried it out on the dummy and on one attempt i did 1m dmg without getting a single fucking proc. Next try i got 1 valkyr almost 100% up. Its stupidly random, and they only do like 2k dmg a hit, they can die in raid conditions, and you lose a TON of stats. Not really worth it ... well unless your one hand and shield are from ulduar i guess. This staff is good only for moonkins cause they get haste capped pretty easy. (soft cap)

I got it. I tried it. I hated it. On any real difficult fight, val'kyrs will get rocked by raid damage. The triumph trinkets are TERRIBLE compared to a spellpower trinket, even if you're far below the hit cap. Without nibelung, you'll have more hit AND a spellpower trinket. Don't use it.