Blizzard's Next Gen MMO

- it really has nothing to do with any other Blizzard game, but it's a mix of fantasy and Sci-Fi
    - there are two factions like in WoW, but they aren't defined by your race, you can chose one of both
    - there are three different planets
    - you start on a magical planet where you learn about the story and get introduced into the game systems
    - travelling between the planets is possible by teleporters, but it's only possible once per 24 hours
    - a clan can build its own space ship with which the players are able to travel through space and to the other planets
    - of course you can attack other space ships and there are also enemies and valuable ressources out in space
    - you can create your own skills by combining the ressources you've found
    - the world is completely dynamic: the players themselves can build cities, and the bigger the city, the more NPCs will "live" in there
    - of course you can attack the other factions' buildings and cities
    - players can create own missions for other players, like "bring me 5 pieces of ore and I'll give you a ruby"
    - enemies don't drop any items - they just drop ressources with which you can improve your existing items (imagine it like an item with no stats but with lots of sockets - but of course there's a limit)

Can't wait for more information and screenshots The game is going to be announced on BlizzCon 2010

Re: Blizzard's Next Gen MMO

Source?

If it's real than it sounds great.

Still waters run deep.

Sounds quite interesting indeed. But where's your source?

Well, if my source was public, you'd probably have read something about it anywhere else, but I can tell you that the source is realiable. At least the genre is more or less official confirmed (see jobs @ blizzard.com, they're searching for a 3D-artist with experience in fantasy and sci-fi modelling)

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDes
    WoW The Musical
    The thoughts... dear God

10+ Year Old Account

That sure does sounds like a game that I would like!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

War1, War2, War3, WoW, WoW BC, WoW WOTLK, WoW Cata., WoW The Musical

Blizzard's next MMO After it turns out Bolvar is really Deathwing, who is really Sargeras (HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THEM ALL IN THE SAME ROOM AT THE SAME TIME? Didn't think so)

Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 3
    Starcraft 1 Starcraft 2
    Mystery MMO with no lore.

My Bet is on Diablo
    No thanks. A Starcraft MMO sounds more my thing.

War1, War2, War3, WoW, WoW BC, WoW WOTLK, WoW Cata., WoW The Musical

Blizzard's next MMO After it turns out Bolvar is really Deathwing, who is really Sargeras (HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THEM ALL IN THE SAME ROOM AT THE SAME TIME? Didn't think so)

Diablo 1, Diablo 2, Diablo 3
    Starcraft 1 Starcraft 2
    Mystery MMO with no lore.

My Bet is on Diablo
    Why should it need lore form a previous game?

I think a totaly new game has at least as much potential as one with lore from a previous game, even more if you ask me.

wasn't it already stated years ago that blizzard's new MMO would be a completely new IP and unrelated to warcraft, starcraft, and diablo?

- it really has nothing to do with any other Blizzard game, but it's a mix of fantasy and Sci-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    wasn't it already stated years ago that blizzard's new MMO would be a completely new IP and unrelated to warcraft, starcraft, and diablo?
    Pretty sure that is what they said at blizzcon.

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoe
    - there are two factions like in WoW, but they aren't defined by your race, you can chose one of both
    - there are three different planets
    - you start on a magical planet where you learn about the story and get introduced into the game systems
    - travelling between the planets is possible by teleporters, but it's only possible once per 24 hours
    - a clan can build its own space ship with which the players are able to travel through space and to the other planets
    - of course you can attack other space ships and there are also enemies and valuable ressources out in space
    - you can create your own skills by combining the ressources you've found
    - the world is completely dynamic: the players themselves can build cities, and the bigger the city, the more NPCs will "live" in there
    - of course you can attack the other factions' buildings and cities
    - players can create own missions for other players, like "bring me 5 pieces of ore and I'll give you a ruby"
    - enemies don't drop any items - they just drop ressources with which you can improve your existing items (imagine it like an item with no stats but with lots of sockets - but of course there's a limit)

Can't wait for more information and screenshots The game is going to be announced on BlizzCon 2010
    Theres already a game like this, its called EvE online

If this is legit, that sounds fantastic. I hope you're right and we hear more at Blizzcon. Would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    Theres already a game like this, its called EvE online
    Except EvE is a pretty awful game outside of the hilarious drama it spawns.

World of Starcraft anybody?
    Geeza aka Parilla