How to Lk hc Bomkin Stylez

Haven't seen anything similar so decided to make a thread where the fluffy owls could share theyre tips towards the fight.Either if you are a sad tree ( like me) having to go Owlkin on Lk's ass or a proud original owner, someone who killed him already or still working on phases be kind and share some tips ^^.

We are just touching P2 atm but i got the habbit of casting alot of Gotws on the fight being a fight where you move alot.Like for e.g:
    1. in p1 after the shadowtrap i usualy open with a gotw on the move to proc my 2p bonus before reaplying dot's or just continuing my eclipse
    2. Another thing i noticed is the ability to time your omen of clarity proc( with gotw) like right at the pull the rotation goes like this 4 seconds before the engage: Treants/Gotw/Starfall and by then the boss should be out and ready for pew pew and from there on starfall pretty much goes in synch so you don't pull any new ghouls or whatnot if you pop it as soon as it's off cd.I also have the habit of timing my spells such that i pop starfall with a 2p proc for the extra 15%
    3. In the transition if you pop your starfall with the 1st spirit spawn you will most likely have it ready for the 1st set of Valkyars when p2 begins.And ofc typhoon when moving off from defile on either valkyars or even the Lk.

That's about all i managed to notice so far in the fight and would love some feedback further in the fight or even other ways to max the dps of other owlz in p1 and 2 and even further more in p3.
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

Re: How to Lk hc Bomkin Stylez

Nice post here something useful for once pretty smart with the gotw while he is running towards u in start hadnt thought about that.
    We reached p4 2 times now i dont tend to use that many gotw's tbh i more just reapply my dots or cast a typhoon while moving but well if ur popping starfall in transition phase make sure u tell the tanks so u dont end up with getting owned by spirit cause tank wasnt fast enought with taunt.
    Also when our slower gets picked up ill make sure to do typhoon asap on the valkyr to daze it and when our disc priest/holy pala gets picked up i go spam rejuv on every1 to help healing the infest.
    I dont know how u are doing p4 but we kite lich king from 1 side to another over a frost trap to slow the vile spirits and lets our OT soak them here i am using typhoon if hes going low on hp or they are just getting to close
    Hope this will help some ppl

In theory you are correct in casting gotw, but only when the dots have expired on LK.

Personally, I fire up with treants, then wrath -> moonfire and fingers crossed I manage to proc eclipse. (Don't forget to prepot)
    Then wait until I have my ring/trinket and maybe Wild Magic potion still up before popping Starfall. Sometimes I am lucky and it ties in nicely with an Omen of Doom. But it's negligable in reality.

Same thing still applies, move only as far as you need to move when it comes to shadowtraps. In my experience you can maybe get one or two GCD's off not three. Just strafe jump once and you are safe.

As for starfall, use it on CD for p1. And any of the transitions, now with P2. I'd suggest just burning it on the first set of valks, and not using it for the rest of p2. Our kills have had 15-18 valks up come p2-transition over 4-5 minutes. The splash damage from starfall will cause a stupid amount of threat, and inevitably eat the shields from your disc priest hurting your chances @ survivabiltiy.

Now come p3, Starfall is a tricky one. Make sure to use it early in p2-3 transition so it's up for the frostmourne room. Only pop Starfall when below, and ONLY when below. It helps clear the room to make movement much easier and keeping the bombs/spirits under control.

My sad tree friend, are we talking lk 10 or 25 hc? In the case of 10 there is no reason they should ever force you to go owlkin because despite what all the critics say (lol druids cant heal lk10), we really can. Especially now with the 20% buff, it is better doable than ever before.

I'd say on lk25 we're not very powerful no, but if you run with a 5 healer setup a resto druid is still a good addition. I too was forced to go owlkin on LK, but i kept whining for them to let me go resto. Most people said 'yeah fuck that you'll fail we'll wipe first infest' (lk 10), however we found out that especially for lk10, druids are quite good.

Apart from that i have no advice concerning the fight as a fluffykin, other than go back resto .

I have even seen a lk 10 hc kill with the 10% buff and no paladin healer The comp was disc/resto druid.
    Vodka i think managed to do it with a Resto Druid with the 15% buff but they had to use 6 healers because of them lacking one of theyre paladins and that ofc required a extra push from the dps side.

As much as we want to lie to ourself we're eclipsed by all other healing classes utility wise in p1 and 2. The only place where we could shine is the transitions and the Frostmourne but even there we are at par or above by a tiny margin to a disc priest wich brings alot more utility to the raid.

Also ty to Morphingcow for the nice tips regarding Starfalls ^^ never really timed it with the trinket/ring proc for the extra push.
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

Did it as hpala/resto myself and it was quite easy. But yeah you are right about us being eclipsed in p1 and p2, completely right.