Poll: How many specs are you "fluent" in?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are you a Fluent Druid?

So Druids are the best multitaskers in-game, with our ability to preform four roles with only 3 "specs". However, when it comes down to it, how many of these tasks would you actually be capable of doing if you had the gear and were asked? Personally, I leveled as Balance and that's always been my main spec, but as of late I've taken up tanking so I think I know that part of Druidism pretty well. Cat not so much, but I know the basic ideas of what I "should" be doing. I only ever went Resto once to help some guildies finish a Heroic, so while I'm sure I could WG spam with the best of them I certainly wouldn't consider myself good at it.

Also, I think it's a shame some people may only know how to play one facet of their class. The whole point of hybrids is you have the option to do something other than dps, so if you only ever dps (something I was once guilty of) you might as well go roll a mage/rogue/etc. (Of course there's the argument that you don't like those playstyles. :P)

For the poll I decided if you know Kitty PvP spec and Kitty PvE spec they still both use the same mechanics and general talents, so it's really just balance/cat/bear/resto. (bear pvp XD)

Re: Are you a Fluent Druid?

I've done all four and try to keep gear for all four roles on my Druid (though my Balance gear is almost always decades behind my other gear).

That said, I haven't played my Druid seriously since 3.1...

15+ Year Old Account

In icc I can heal it,balance dps and tank it,if I was giving the right gear I could feral dps it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I have to answer 0/4

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Just got my dudu to 80 and so far I've only played balance.

It's good to do some DPS after always healing on my priest.
    However the queue's are too long so I'm planning to try out resto and tanking soon as well :P

I'll get to do and learn all 4 specs in the end but there's still time

I dont even own a druid can i can truthfully say i can play all the specs, im not the best at them but i can, except my resto skills are pretty bad, i can still sorta play it tho.
    Friends druids ftw

I wish there were a 2.5

I played feral in vanilla and earlier in BC, but towards the end (still before 3.0, though), switched to balance.

I still play primarily balance (1/4)
    However, I want to switch to tanking and I normally tank for heroics because of instaqueues (2/4).
    I did a lot of feral DPS as the offtank in BC, but I'm bad at it now (2.5/4).
    Resto I've been a couple of times, and it wasn't really pretty (still 2.5/4).

I have pretty extensive experience with balance (my current main spec) and feral tank (my old main spec) as well as feral dps - resto is my current off spec with a bit of raid experience here and there and PvP experience.

I've spent a horrible amount of gold on respecs, I am bearcattree. While I'm really a bear I've been coaxed into healing and have enjoyed kittie dps in progression content. I could do moonkin, but I simply don't have bag space for any more gear, and I have no experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    I've spent a horrible amount of gold on respecs, I am bearcattree. While I'm really a bear I've been coaxed into healing and have enjoyed kittie dps in progression content. I could do moonkin, but I simply don't have bag space for any more gear, and I have no experience with it.
    i leveled as feral, did 90% of BC as resto, switched to boomkin with 3.nerf, leveled as boomkin, played resto naxx-toc. halfway through toc i switched to boomkin and that's been my ms ever since. I am currently Boomkin/kitty dps, but I am a HORRIBLE tank lol.

I'm easily confident I could do any druid spec if I had the gear/spec. Hell, I'm confident I could play any spec in the game if I had the gear/spec/toon.

I'll easily pick up a friends toon while he's out getting food or something. Most rotations aren't hard, healing is all the same (well, I could go as far as to say there are proactive and reactive healers), and tanking is generally really easy.

Not saying I'd be LK25HM lvl with them all, but more than good enough for the average normal mode.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

I'm feral tank and kitty dps atm. Also got pve healer and pvp gear (resto)

15+ Year Old Account

First off, my druid is my least played max level alt, so there's a gear gap between them and what's currently available.

That being said:

Balance: Yes. It's how I leveled, it's always been their main spec. I'm not the BESTEST MOONKIN EVER !1!!1!!one! but I can hold my own and do just fine with it, and I understand the theorycrafting/stat caps/etc. Occasionally at a major patch/step up in gear I'm a little behind for a bit, but I catch up rather quickly (the next time I dust them off).

Resto: Yes. My spec is fuxxor'd right now (I never fixed it from making it randomly eons ago), and all my gear is ungemmed at the moment (just bought them triumph 4pc) but again, I get the basic ideas/could hold my own back when I was set up properly and would actually do runs as resto. Once I get set up properly again, that will be true again.

Feral Cat: Whenever I make a premade Druid on the PtR, cat is usually their offspec. I do well with it and I enjoy a lot of aspects of it, and I would go cat offspec on live but for the fact that my druid was always rolled to 'be my caster', and having two DPS specs (that aren't just variations for certain fights) seems kind of dumb, especially for an alt who struggles to get gear sometimes... all that being said, especially with a few moments to brush up on the most recent shit, I could easily hold my own as a cat.

Feral Bear: No. Never. I tried it once and hated it. Hated it sooooo much. And for that reason, I'd probably never even try it again, let alone attempt to play it seriously. I'm sure I could learn it, but I have 0 desire to.

I don't have a druid.

I know all my speccs

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

I've played all specs on my Druid and have done them all fairly well. Usually pull top 5 DPS as feral (my current main spec), could tank pretty damn well as bear, always got complimented on my healing as tree, and pulled top 5 DPS for my old 25 man guild in full t9 gear in ICC 25 when they had ICC 25 gear on.

But my Druid is no longer my main. :'(

Deleted

I can tank/heal/moonkin, and i guess with a bit of practise and a lot of gear, feral DPS.

10+ Year Old Account

I've been Moonkin, Bear and Cat, and i can play all of them. So that is 3/4

I did do a little Resto at some point, but i just found it extremely boring... so i'm not even gonna count in it since i hate it :P
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

I've always been a combination of balance and resto, and known the mechanics of both very well. It's only been in the last year or so that I gathered the gear to tank and gave it a shot. It's not only incredibly fun, it's a new and interesting challenge that refreshed a game that was beginning to get pretty stale for me. I'm now well geared for all 3 of these specs and well versed in their mechanics. I highly recommend other druids give it a try too - in the random dungeon finder, even if you screw up you'll probably never see those people again

The one thing I haven't tried extensively is feral dps. I've read up on the mechanics a little, and it sounds like a giant pain. Also having two dps sets feels redundant, and I've always been annoyed by the idea of playing a melee dps class.

I've been playing all 4. All of them have GS >5500 (full t9 + whatever I pick up in random raids)

Feral DPS for PVP and in our guild's raid (GS 5900)
    Tank for finding groups and as Offtank for some fights (GS 5800)
    Heal when there aren't enough (GS 5700)
    Moonkin very rarely, but whenever our Owls aren't present (GS 5500)