Poll: How many specs are you "fluent" in?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Are you a Fluent Druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    I don't have a druid.
    Then you're posting in the wrong thread

15+ Year Old Account

I even had 4/4 in BC (no dual spec) with mah old tauren drood always available for guild *still 70

I noticed, i like DPS much beter, and rolled a Warlock later to be a full-dps.

Although that Tauren will change in to a Troll when Cataclysm enables the change.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

OP: you contradict yourself in the poll and your original post.

fluent is not pick up and play if i had the gear
    fluent is flowing effortlessly (from a dictionary)

I am fluent in resto, its effortless for me (obviously WoW is not effortless, as it is challenging in aspects, but in terms of playing resto, it is effortless)

I could tank ICC10 if i had the gear, but it would in no way be effortless
    The same with boomkin, i could dps ICC, with sufficient dps, but again, it would not be effortless

so i think you need to clarify better

(i did 1/4 because im fluent in resto)

1 maybe 2 most probably. Only lvl 71 so far but I have tanked all instances I have done to this point.

I also have resto as off spec, mostly to try it out and the few times I have tried it it have been successful.

A thing when I am tanking though, I usually pop my innervate on the healer when needed between pulls to keep up the speed of the clearing. What's interesting is that many healers mention that it is unusual that a feral druid rarely have popped innervate on them.

Are you other ferals popping innervate on healers/mana users when needed?

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, I'm fluent in Druid, as I am half-Tree.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Balance is my mainspecc and i recently respecced from tanking to healing and lvled as cat so i kinda know them all, but not so brilliant in cat

Have a nelf drood that's Tree/Kitty and a tauren drood that's Bear/Boomkin. Rather enjoy all aspects.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Mainspec balance, offspec tank, but I can play cat and resto well enough for pugs or none progressions stuff in my guild if I was asked..

Shame all my SP gear has no regen and all my AP gear has stam gems...

Im pro at resto and boomkin, havn't specced feral since i was leveling through vanilla though

I ran as double feral when leveling from 70-80, and for my first forays into raids in Wrath. I later switched my cat spec to resto. Now I'm Tree/Bear with decent raidexperience in both roles.

Never tried to play as moonkin, but I have killed sindragosa through resto moonfire spam when all the DPS got themselves iceblocked late in p3 :-D Pretty much the same thing, innit? :-P

Oh Ok. I'll just settle for 3/4 then...

15+ Year Old Account

Great at healing, great at tanking, not a *lot* of experience as Boomkin or Kitty. I do know how to DPS as both and how to gear as both though. Not sure if that counts as "fluent", I voted 4/4.

As a tree it's pretty important to have a DPS offspec...

For most of 2009, this was Moonkin for me. I obviously had a lot of Resto gear, so the transition was pretty painless. Resto gear isn't ideal for Moonkin gear by any means, but with half a set of real Moonkin gear it did work decently well.

Then ICC came out, and is the usual course with offspec gear, no one got any for awhile as almost everything went to main specs. As dumb luck would have it I wound up with nearly a full set of cat gear from 10 mans without Rogues or ferals. Switched my main offspec to cat and haven't looked back... especially because Eclipse luck is dictated by a cruel, cruel RNG god.

I get tank gear as it comes, but rarely end up tanking anything. I'm familiar enough with it... it's a lot simpler to keep up with than any other spec anyway. I think all expansion I've only ever tanked "progression" content once, and that was an overly easy ICC10 before even the Plagueworks was open and only because we had a very rare drought on tanks that night. I'd be surprised if I could even tank Festergut25 with the 20% buff now... perhaps if I regemmed/enchanted all my cat gear, but that's not happening.

So yeah, all 4 specs. Wouldn't have it any other way. Druids are indeed made of win!

Quote Originally Posted by phluff
    OP: you contradict yourself in the poll and your original post.

fluent is not pick up and play if i had the gear
    fluent is flowing effortlessly (from a dictionary)

so i think you need to clarify better
    I really meant something you could do well as. I mean I could pick up and play probably any spec given the gear/levels, but would I really understand what the talents did, what stats I needed, what was the optimum rotation etc.

You left off 3 pvp specs, I'm fluent in everything cept dirty pvp resto.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    You left off 3 pvp specs, I'm fluent in everything cept dirty pvp resto.
    I stated Kitty pve and Kitty pvp would be the same thing, that applies to all specs as they use essentially the same talents/stats. >.>

Leveled as feral, was tanking all through BC, continued to tank through Wotlk and went to feral dps once I started naxx while continueing to tank whenever I could. I went resto for a while after ulduar and when I started pvp. So I'm able to play feral tank/dps, and resto. Balance on the other hand I have never tried and can thankfully say I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    I stated Kitty pve and Kitty pvp would be the same thing, that applies to all specs as they use essentially the same talents/stats. >.>
    If they're the same you're doing it terribly wrong.

I raid 25s as balance and 10s as resto.
    Can tank as well, but its been some time now

10+ Year Old Account

MS is Cat, full 251 (i r teh hardcorez). But I can spam rejuv with the best of them in my Tree offspec (healed 9/12 ICC10 so far). Was Bear for a while, untill I got tired of spamming swipe. I sort of realised what Bear tanking could be like when I started playing my old TBC Prot Warrior again. I have high hopes for Cataclysm, and I'm leveling a second druid with the intention of having a Moonkin/Tree and a Cat/Bear at 85.

TL;DR: 3/4. Treecatbearmancow.

10+ Year Old Account

Provided I had the gear and spec for it I could do 3/4 pretty easily. I already tank and balance dps, I heal on my pally so I have healing basics down. I've not played feral dps since Vanilla though so I would need some time for that.