(Another) Gearing Question...

Greetings forum!

I have just collected some Frosts and I'm in DIRE need for a new cloak that I can use for a while (I run around with Reanimator's Cloak)

I was wondering to buy Drape of the Violet Tower or should I get Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky

I am currenlty a Holy Priest =) And intend to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

Re: (Another) Gearing Question...

You get much more benefit from Spirit as Holy when compared to MP5. From Spirit, you get regen as well as SP. MP5 just gives you, well, MP5.

Do you have Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Legs for T10? Do you have Purified Lunar Dust, or something better? Are you in 264+ gear average and if so do you have Herkuml?

If yes to all of those then uh... sure, get a cloak. Otherwise both options suck and are a waste of badges. If you really want an epic cloak to hold you over go get Disguise of the Kumiho. Less regen than the 264 cloaks and you trade 21 Haste for 40 SP, but I'd honestly rather have 21 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Do you have Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Legs for T10? Do you have Purified Lunar Dust, or something better? Are you in 264+ gear average and if so do you have Herkuml?

If yes to all of those then uh... sure, get a cloak. Otherwise both options suck and are a waste of badges. If you really want an epic cloak to hold you over go get Disguise of the Kumiho. Less regen than the 264 cloaks and you trade 21 Haste for 40 SP, but I'd honestly rather have 21 haste.
    did u just ask if he had the HWT, melee haste trinket iwth 20 AP stacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    Yes, haste is our best throughput stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr
    There is no longer a differentiation between melee and spell haste, so this is a tremendously powerful trinket for a healer who places higher value on haste than SP (not that unreasonable given the ICC zone buff).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    I'd try for DFO, because it has the same amount of haste, and it's DPS Caster, so you won't be laughed at nearly as much.
    While getting a trinket with static Haste and a DPS proc is alright in itself, you should never take a caster's BiS trinket just because it works for you. Not to mention the fact that no sane raid leader is ever going to give you a DFO unless everyone in the raid already has it or something better.

I'd try for Abyssal Rune, in that case. It's more easily farmed, anyhow.

Yeah, this is true. Though pretty much anyone will laugh/kick you from groups for having a melee trinket. I'd try for DFO, because it has the same amount of haste, and it's DPS Caster, so you won't be laughed at nearly as much. Also, doesn't Holy Nova count as a harmful spell, even if it doesn't damage things? Or does it only count as Harmful if you damage with it?
    People might think it's weird and not 'get' why you're wearing what seems and was designed to be a melee trinket, but do you think they'll look on you more favorably if you roll on or bid DKP on a caster trinket that's BIS-264 for all caster DPS? They're within a couple of points of each other's haste, so until every caster DPS has one you should be getting the Herkuml instead (presuming you want the haste in that slot). And by the time DFO's are going to off-spec, you'll have long since run out of other items to spend your emblems on.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Tell me, where did I say:

"Roll on DFO against DPS casters, even if they need it." ? Jesus. People shoving words in my mouth FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Tell me, where did I say:

"Roll on DFO against DPS casters, even if they need it." ? Jesus. People shoving words in my mouth FTW.
    Oh, those weren't your exact words. Fortunately, your words live on in where I'd quoted them in my first response - even though your post seems to have 'magically' disappeared...

My point remains though: If you value the haste, get the HWT with badges for now and thicken your skin to deal with those who would laugh at you. If your healing is that much more effective with it, who cares? And if it's a pug whose criticism you're concerned with, you won't be rolling offspec on DFO as there will always be main spec rolls on DFO in a random grouping.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic