Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Looking to upgrade CPU and Mobo

Quote Originally Posted by nicator
    Haha man, ever told ya that WoW got released in 2004? Whoa. I can do dailies even on a freaking netbook FFS. Unless you're all insanely into 50x Antialiasing and Vertical Sync, then I guess I just can't help you.
    I'm insanely into Vertical Sync. I guess that's destroying my framerate.

I have an old 1100MHz Thunderbird laying around. I'm sure I could get that thing to run 5fps for dailies. Guess that means it's great for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    so is the graphics card, power supply, memory, etc., etc
    Nope.

His graphics card is fine, it is more than enough to run WoW at decent settings with a high frame rate. His power supply is 550W so I assume that would be fine as well, however, I never heard of that brand so I can't guarantee that, but if it handles his current system fine, then a CPU/mobo upgrade shouldn't require a new PSU. His RAM is DDR2, it's not that outdated, a lot of CPUs on the market still use DDR2. (The type of) RAM has almost no impact on your fps, so that shouldn't even be brought into the argument.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh
    Sorry man I have to agree with Cilraaz. Also what does being released in 2004 have to do with anything? Now your saying dailies before you stated 50+ fps in 25 mans I believe that is what Cilraaz was referring to and I agree.
    Well L2Read then. What I was saying was that a Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, coupled with a GeForce 9600GT can run WoW and 25 man raids on high settings great. I have also added, that after trying out WoW on my netbook with a freaking Atom processor and Intel 3150 Extreme Graphics, I got a steady 20fps. That's all I was going to say.

My point being that I don't quite understand how can people say that computers with Phenom X4s and 5770 Radeons won't do a good job at running the game, while older cheaper equipment does the job. Yeah, I get 50 fps in raids. Eat it, or whatever. Just because you might have your WoW-Pro desktop PC for $2000, doesn't mean that you have to throw some stupid shit in everybody's face.

How could the players have played World of Warcraft in year 2007? Oh noes! They must've called Michael J. Fox to bring it for them from the future to get their FPS so they can brag with some silly shit? I guess!

RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT, loved it ya?

I have also added, that after trying out WoW on my netbook with a freaking Atom processor and Intel 3150 Extreme Graphics, I got a steady 20fps. That's all I was going to say.
    Exaggeration doesn't make you look cool. Just troll. Or you playing it on 640x400 res? The difference in CPU requirements between daily quests and 25-man raiding is massive.

How could the players have played World of Warcraft in year 2007? Oh noes! They must've called Michael J. Fox to bring it for them from the future to get their FPS so they can brag with some silly shit? I guess!
    Because the requirements have gone up, lot higher than in vanilla. There was huge jump during 3.1 series as well as for ICC content in what kind of CPU the game requires to run smoothly on in raids. The same computer I used during TBC to get 20fps on everything else except bugged Vashj and Leotheras rooms ran at roughly 15 fps in Ulduar and 2-3fps in ToC when I upgraded it. That's how much the requirements have changed over the years.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

Well L2Read then. What I was saying was that a Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, coupled with a GeForce 9600GT can run WoW and 25 man raids on high settings great. I have also added, that after trying out WoW on my netbook with a freaking Atom processor and Intel 3150 Extreme Graphics, I got a steady 20fps. That's all I was going to say.
    You're lying or you're playing at an insanely low resolution. Period.

My point being that I don't quite understand how can people say that computers with Phenom X4s and 5770 Radeons won't do a good job at running the game, while older cheaper equipment does the job. Yeah, I get 50 fps in raids. Eat it, or whatever. Just because you might have your WoW-Pro desktop PC for $2000, doesn't mean that you have to throw some stupid shit in everybody's face.
    You don't get 50 fps in raids. Again, unless you're playing at a pathetic resolution.

RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT, loved it ya?
    You need to learn about the engine upgrades that have occurred in the past 2 years. With engine upgrades come increased requirements. Add to that two expansions worth of minimum requirement increases and you have an old game that old computers can't run. It's basic computing.

Well L2Read then. What I was saying was that a Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, coupled with a GeForce 9600GT can run WoW and 25 man raids on high settings great. I have also added, that after trying out WoW on my netbook with a freaking Atom processor and Intel 3150 Extreme Graphics, I got a steady 20fps. That's all I was going to say
    Sure, 20-25 fps during combat might be great for you, but for most people it is considered to be pretty choppy. 50 FPS out of combat is very possible, but during combat it is highly unlikely.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

So umm... back on topic? I should be able to get 40-50 fps in combat (say LK 25m HM) with this processor correct? Or atleast a major difference between the 5fps i get in raids now? Its coming tomorrow, but was just curious on what kind of performance I should expect.
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Obsideus
    So umm... back on topic? I should be able to get 40-50 fps in combat (say LK 25m HM) with this processor correct? Or atleast a major difference between the 5fps i get in raids now? Its coming tomorrow, but was just curious on what kind of performance I should expect.
    Yes, it will definitely be a major difference between the the 5 fps you get now and what you will get with your new PC. You can expect to get a steady 30-60 fps during combat in most situations, depending on encounter and settings.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    You're lying or you're playing at an insanely low resolution. Period.

You don't get 50 fps in raids. Again, unless you're playing at a pathetic resolution.

You need to learn about the engine upgrades that have occurred in the past 2 years. With engine upgrades come increased requirements. Add to that two expansions worth of minimum requirement increases and you have an old game that old computers can't run. It's basic computing.
    Well. One would expect that if you keep in line with having a middle range computer, as this computer truly was last year by all means, and I do get those FPS. The P4 with 6600 was mid-range 3 or more years ago and it also played great. I am not saying that WoW didn't increase its needs for processing or graphic power. I am saying that if I increase steadily this processing and graphic output of my computer, the performance should be comparable in the end.

15+ Year Old Account

Well it came today and its all working and ready for tomorrow! ;D I really appreciate everyone's help, and though my main's server is down so I can't test it in dalaran, I can already notice a HUGE difference in just the speed of launching applications, and my alt's fps went from 18fps to 60fps! Thanks everyone!
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

15+ Year Old Account

Well it came today and its all working and ready for tomorrow! ;D I really appreciate everyone's help, and though my main's server is down so I can't test it in dalaran, I can already notice a HUGE difference in just the speed of launching applications, and my alt's fps went from 18fps to 60fps! Thanks everyone!
    Glad to hear you got a good boost!

Good to hear , have fun and good luck with it.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you sorry your thread turned into an argument.