View Poll Results: who will be the main class(s) in catacysm!?

Voters
281. This poll is closed
  • death knight

15 5.34%
  • druid

47 16.73%
  • hunter

30 10.68%
  • mage

31 11.03%
  • rouge

22 7.83%
  • shaman

55 19.57%
  • paladin

23 8.19%
  • priest

21 7.47%
  • warlock

16 5.69%
  • warrior

21 7.47%

who will be the main class(s) in cataclysm!?

vote on who will be the main class in cataclysm?

i think it will be shaman and druids will be the strongest in cataclysm...because the elements are out of control and the maelstrom is unleashed, and druids the nature is spreading everywhere in azeroth, along with the weather whirling out of control.

im saying shaman and druid becuase of the simple fact that classes matched the previous expansions...

BC - outlands demons=lock.

WotLK - undead crusade=death knight, paladin.

so if my theory is right then it would make sense for shaman's and druid's to be the main classes in cataclysm!

post your thoughts thank you!

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Re: who will be the main class(s) in cataclysm!?

It won't let me submit when I check all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariokart
    lol only 3 votes dawg.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Druids have been amazing for two expansions. No way will they get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk
    vote on who will be the main class in cataclysm?

i think it will be shaman and druids will be the strongest in cataclysm...because the elements are out of control and the maelstrom is unleashed, and druids the nature is spreading everywhere in azeroth, along with the weather whirling out of control.

im saying shaman and druid becuase of the simple fact that classes matched the previous expansions...

BC - outlands demons=lock.

WotLK - undead crusade=death knight, paladin.

so if my theory is right then it would make sense for shaman's and druid's to be the main classes in cataclysm!

post your thoughts thank you!
    You might do better if you were actualy putting more effort in getting better instead of trying to figure out the next flavors of the months.

Anyway i'd say Warriors or Hunters, either those classes will be extremely strong, or total trash during the first few months of the xpack, since they are the classes getting the biggest overhaul of their basic mechanics, and Blizzard suck at balance.

Frost mages are in a really good position right now and they will receive wall of fog and time warp... so mage without a doubt will be one of best PvP classes.

Probably HoT will benefit from the health bar increament more than direct heals. And the change done to tree of life will allow restoration druids to cast offensive spells while healing like priests... so restoration druids could be the second one.

And finally I bet for discipline priests. Power Word: Barrier and Leap of Faith are interesting skills, and Spirit of Redemption is the best 21th bg talent. So probably discipline will benefit more for having additional talent points. Penance casted in Spirit of Redempion sounds weird.

I think you missed the point of the OP entirely. He is NOT referring to the actual class and it's flavor of the month status or over-powered-ness or how much DPS that player controlled class will do, he is referring to the classes LORE-wise. What classes will be prominently displayed in the next expansion through the lore.

EDIT: I jsut noticed the OP posted this in the PvP forums, so I understand how you would think he as asking about PvP viability. Either the OP screwed up by posting in the wrong forum, or I totally misunderstood his post. I think it's the former though.

Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    EDIT: I jsut noticed the OP posted this in the PvP forums, so I understand how you would think he as asking about PvP viability. Either the OP screwed up by posting in the wrong forum, or I totally misunderstood his post. I think it's the former though.
    I'm confused. :-\

Warlocks were the main class in BC because there were demons? O.o I dind't see warlocks controling those demons. It's like saying that hunters are the main class of Hillsbrad Foothills because there are a lot of beasts xD

Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    I think you missed the point of the OP entirely. He is NOT referring to the actual class and it's flavor of the month status or over-powered-ness or how much DPS that player controlled class will do, he is referring to the classes LORE-wise. What classes will be prominently displayed in the next expansion through the lore.

I understood him as talking about which classes would be OP in PvP, but him picking shamans and druids from how warlocks were themed in with the demons of BC, and (SL/SL)warlocks were pretty nice in BC. Then, he pointed out paladins and DKs for WotLK as they're pretty much the most "important" lore classes in WotLK, and they were pretty OP in the start. They get pretty much roflstomped nowadays though, so it doesn't add up really. Also, druids aren't really "elements". They're worshipping nature, the sun and the moon, not the elements per se, in the way shamans do it(coming from a shaman, but hey!).

Anyways, I'm seeing a bright future for Boomkins. And hey, they deserve it. Even though it means yet another class to worry about on LM. I'm also seeing Spriests and Afflocks having a nice time. With the changes to the healthpools and Blizz trying to remove burst=win part of the game, their DoT system will probably benefit a LOT. The new warlock soul shard system seems to be pretty tough shit for PvP too. Really, these three spellboosts are supposed to be enough for bossfights. And they'll get to use all three of them in most PvP situations. I think this is OP and I want to... oh wait, I've got a warlock. Nvm. :]

I'm mostly worried about my enh shaman. Nowadays I do most BGs, and... Well, the little bursts is what brings my foes down. With the searing totem "combo" system, I'm even more worried about that. It just seems to rely too much on bursts, and if we're supposed to not be instabursting each other down, what to do? However! Cata isn't here. I don't know what will happen. I might be worried for nothing. So I won't worry. Worst case scenario, I've got a warlock to play with until it's fixed. <:
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

I voted for the colour.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

I'm going to guess Paladins, if Blizzard were a teenage girl, Paladins would be their Zac Efron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    I don't like to change into a kitten and hitting enemies with my paws and rabies, I like assassinating with daggers and poisons!

Purple dragonflight will be introduced.Along with their ,leader Justin Beiber

I vote Rouge cause I believe in new classes.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Got
    I see what you did here >.> <.< <.> >.<
    Anyways i don't know, mages cuz they're the best prolly.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I won`t even bother to vote on a Poll that contains "ROUGE" It`s F*cking roGUe

Uhm, you really should try cataclysm forums, not pvp forums.

Edit: This is what happens when it's late and I'm grumpy. What I was trying to say was: A post like this will only invoke trolling and the flaming of other's personal opinion, and therefore shouldn't be posted on the Cataclysm forums.

Apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!