Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadmines, Westfall, Eastern Kingdoms, Azeroth

Best feral dps rotation

I didn't see this posted anywhere so im sorry if this is a repost but here is a link to the best feral cat dps imo

http://www.unbearably.net/blogfiles/simplecatdps.jpg

Re: Best feral dps rotation

old news
    if your actually looking for the rotation go to the sticky.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin VanCleef
    I didn't see this posted anywhere so im sorry if this is a repost but here is a link to the best feral cat dps imo

http://www.unbearably.net/blogfiles/simplecatdps.jpg
    2009 called, they want thier joke back
    Once upon a midnight dreary
    While i pron surfed, weak and weary
    Over many a site of ' hot xxx galore'.
    "'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"
    Quoth the server, 404.

killing a new raid boss is like having multiple orgasms only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wupday
    2009 called, they want thier joke back
    I approve that
    I love that sentence.. applies to everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted

Mangle > savage roar > rake > shred to 5cp > rip > shred to 5cp and refresh rake if needed (don't clip) > savage roar

keep mangle up

keep 5cp rip up

keep rake up

keep savage roar

use shred to get CPs

TF whenever off CD

berserk whenever off CD (usualy in the start of the encounter)

FB if rip is > 8 sec and savage roar is > 13 sec (almost only during berserk or after some
    lucky crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    Mangle > savage roar > rake > shred to 5cp > rip > shred to 5cp and refresh rake if needed (don't clip) > savage roar

keep mangle up

keep 5cp rip up

keep rake up

keep savage roar

use shred to get CPs

TF whenever off CD

berserk whenever off CD (usualy in the start of the encounter)

FB if rip is > 8 sec and savage roar is > 13 sec (almost only during berserk or after some
    lucky crits.
    A: OP was being a muppet
    B:
    Mangle > savage roar > rake > shred to 5cp
    Seems a little silly. Rake > roar imo. And as for ferocious bite during berserk .. no. Pop it just after it ended while everything should be at max duration. Popping a FB during berserk is just a plain waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    A: OP was being a muppet
    B:
    Seems a little silly. Rake > roar imo. And as for ferocious bite during berserk .. no. Pop it just after it ended while everything should be at max duration. Popping a FB during berserk is just a plain waste.
    You don't get the 30% on rake for the whole tick if you don't have roar up before you apply, or the mangle bleed buff for that matter. Mangle 1st, it's the least distinctive starter.

On the FB it's never a waste if everything is up with plenty of time left.

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion
    During berserk it is.

Deleted

During berserk it is.
    i have actually never understood this... Tun (feral druid from ensidia) also says in his feral dps guide that it's energy inefficent to FB while berserk.

How can it be a waste if rake, mangle, SR and rip is up? My gear ain't that good (my offspecc, 5,3k gs) but my FB crits in raids is around 22k (no icc buff). That's around double shred damage

please enlighten me

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    old news
    if your actually looking for the rotation go to the sticky.
    There is no rotation. It's a priority system.

Sig by Isilrien

Ferocious bite doesn't benefit from the lessened energy cost. You could do three shreds for 63 energy or one ferocious bite for like 65. It just wouldn't make sense. Bite at the end of zerk if you can.

it got something to do with FBing in beserk drains half your energi or more cause the execution ability from fb is not halved in beserk so you waste enough energi for liek 4 more shread using 1 fb

This is actually dependant on when you bite.

You can still bite at minimum energy, even during berserk, just everything over minimum energy and up to 30 extra is a huge loss as there's no 1/2 energy berserk cost on the excess energy use.

Well if there is a time other than at the very end of berserk where you can get a minimum energy bite off ur using zerk wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    Well if there is a time other than at the very end of berserk where you can get a minimum energy bite off ur using zerk wrong.
    After 9 seconds in berzerking. you can safely get a minimum energy bite, but most people wont advise it.

Quote Originally Posted by sapiorion
    You don't get the 30% on rake for the whole tick if you don't have roar up before you apply, or the mangle bleed buff for that matter. Mangle 1st, it's the least distinctive starter.

I meant to suggest instead of Robin's mangle > roar > rake do a mangle > rake > roar. I personally feel more safe this way specially at the start of a fight when positioning / adds ( LDW / Putri / Valithra etc ) having extra time on roar gives me a little more cushion to move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    i have actually never understood this... Tun (feral druid from ensidia) also says in his feral dps guide that it's energy inefficent to FB while berserk.

How can it be a waste if rake, mangle, SR and rip is up? My gear ain't that good (my offspecc, 5,3k gs) but my FB crits in raids is around 22k (no icc buff). That's around double shred damage

please enlighten me
    FB is never good over 35 energy.....the extra energy xfer to dmg is not as good as doing a shred.....if u have no energy at the end of berserk...with 5 cp.....13 sec on SR and 8+ sec on rip....then FB as soon as u hit 35 energy and continue on with ur rotation......if SR or rip ever drop because of FB ( unless at the end of a fight were rip is wasted) then the FB was a dps drop

Deleted

As said before, FB during berserk is fine IF you do it at minimum energy (=18 energy). Since you don't waste any double energy then.

so jsut keep spamming shread at 5 cp in beserkif everything is running with alot of time still or what?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mushy
    I meant to suggest instead of Robin's mangle > roar > rake do a mangle > rake > roar. I personally feel more safe this way specially at the start of a fight when positioning / adds ( LDW / Putri / Valithra etc ) having extra time on roar gives me a little more cushion to move in.
    And your entire first Rake is 'wasted' cos of the lack of the +30% buff.