Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto pvp in cata... a joke?

Before anything else, I am well aware that many things may change b4 the cata release so this is merely going by what has been currently released for trees.
    Am I the only one that is starting to sweat a little when trying to get a idea of how much our spec in pvp is getting weakened? No more ToL so our armor is going to drop by QUITE a bit, making us far more squishy to melee, and no more abolish poisen so Rogues are now going to just see us as a free kill. Along the same idea as ToL, now Mages can also burn our mana up much easier by using poly, a spell that currently has 0 effectiveness on us. Blizz has stated that the changes have nothing to do with PvP, but that is where it looks like it will hit the hardest. Any thoughts?
    You are now breathing manually.

Re: Resto pvp in cata... a joke?

Chances are it'll be less of a joke than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Chances are it'll be less of a joke than it is now.
    Probably. Remember, all armor values will be going up for non-plate. Rogue poisons will hopefully be less mindless than they are now. You get to be Polymorphed, just like everyone else. Learn to live with it.

well seeing on how in cata there is going to be more stam on gear, i think that will make up for the loss of ToL

LOL at this post.

You know travel form costs next to nothing right? I can't believe you're actually saying mages are going to oom you by casting sheep.

Not to mention with proper talents, ToL only adds 1-2k armor anyway

And did you MISS the part where resto druids get free, instant wraths, and a 60% chance to get an instant -starfire- by moonfiring someone below 25% hp? Resto druids could already throw out some good damage, now it's even better.

AND the spec will have access to Solar Beam, which is yet another form of CC for an already incredibly cc-inclined healer. Now I'm sure it'll look something like, Cyclone x3, Bash, Solarbeam-->root. Oh, that's only like 30 seconds of CC on a healer from one player, while hots are ticking.

Yeah, resto druids are in trouble now, let me tell you...

[list]
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)

• Druids will lose Abolish Poison with the dispel mechanics change, but Restoration druids will gain Dispel Magic (on friendly targets) as a talent. All druids can still remove poisons with Cure Poison and remove curses with Remove Curse.
    And in bear form you still have high armor, polymorph/mana burn immunity.
    And since burst damage will be lowered your partner should be able too not get 1-shotted while you are shapeshifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardrels
    now Mages can also burn our mana up much easier by using poly, a spell that currently has 0 effectiveness on us.
    Damn i wish druids had some other kind of thing to come out of polymorphs with....
    I wish they had like shapeshifting....Since tree of life is gone...All shapeshifting skills dissapeard...?

ammiriaght?

They will obv balance the armor so it isnt like not being in ToL now you stupid kid

wanna know something? Mages can sheep all other healers now and that isnt imbalanced and you still got the other forms.

The rogues poisons wont be so good in cata as they afe now and the MS effect will be 20%

Also, health will be higher, less damage and less healing. That benefit HoTs to a ridicilous level because overhealing will be much lower.

You have no idea about the numberw in cata so stop the QQ. Its pointless to complain at somethung you dont know!

senseless posts on theoretical things that are speculation are pointless

/thread

next?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    LOL at this post.

You know travel form costs next to nothing right? I can't believe you're actually saying mages are going to oom you by casting sheep.

And did you MISS the part where resto druids get free, instant wraths, and a 60% chance to get an instant -starfire- by moonfiring someone below 25% hp? Resto druids could already throw out some good damage, now it's even better.

AND the spec will have access to Solar Beam, which is yet another form of CC for an already incredibly cc-inclined healer. Now I'm sure it'll look something like, Cyclone x3, Bash, Solarbeam-->root. Oh, that's only like 30 seconds of CC on a healer from one player, while hots are ticking.

Yeah, resto druids are in trouble now, let me tell you...
    yeah, I guess Ican use TF while the mages partner blows cds, gets my partner below 50%, then him and the mage both finish him off before I can get my hots rolling again. thank god 4 restos CRAZY high dps cause it looks like its 1v2 time.
    /sarcasm

Dude these changes are good, a druid with 3 lifeblooms is almost impossible to kill atm....(with gear)

yeah, I guess Ican use TF while the mages partner blows cds, gets my partner below 50%, then him and the mage both finish him off before I can get my hots rolling again. thank god 4 restos CRAZY high dps cause it looks like its 1v2 time.
    /sarcasm
    I'm not sure if by TF you mean tree form or travel from. But if travel form... I was implyign that if you get sheeped, travel form out of it. Hardly cost you a thing.

If you meant tree form, and are referring to getting sapped or something since youre no longer an elemental... Well, welcome to every other healer's nightmare. Get in combat, noob.

Not sure what you mean about your hots falling off.

/sarcasm
    And since they aren't going too inflate health pools at all, there is no such thing is LoS and druids don't have HoTs, your partner will be totaly screwed :

From a Warrior PoV I fear the changes for cata. Seriously... more health, MS is getting nuked down to 25%, if you can keep moonfire dot and insect swarm on me, you can kite me forever, and kill me. There is no way Im going to burn you down,

(Now that you have more health AND MS only does 25%)

But yeah, this is still only speculations.

/brb Im off to roll a healer
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

/sarcasm

yeap because you have played alot of cataclysm latley and tried out all that stuff?
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

OP is a troll

Quote Originally Posted by mtr
    OP is a troll
    Trolls cant be druids yet, hes probably Night elf or tauren :
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

/sarcasm
    yea but 2v1 would be unfair as anyone can kill a restro druid 1v1... ooh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

polymorph x3 = 4.5 sec of GCD on my part to keep it broken. follow that up with interupt plus their partners cc, then we are getting over the 10 sec mark. after the partnerd cc, the mage can go back to the polys. Im not saying we are going to be complete shit, Im just saying that as of now, blizz is really hitting our pvp mechanics. sheesh.

ITT: 1500's with no concept of game designs.