Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Band Shirt Posers.

I was sitting in one of my college classes today, just started for the summer, and this kid walks in and sits near me wearing a Metallica shirt. Anyway we were like 10 min early so we were the only 2 there so I started talking and I like Metallica, not enough to wear a shirt, so I ask him what is his favorite album. And he doesnt even know the name of 1 album...

So I was like what are you favorite songs, and he names me 2 of their most over played songs that anyone who was listening to the radio would know. And I would ask different songs and if he liked them and he would tell me he doesn't know or doesn't remember.

Like I said, I like Metallica's music (the older shit mostly) but I don't go wearing a Metallica shirt, because they aren't a band I really like, but I knew more about them then this kid wearing their shirt knew.

Anyone else had something like this happen and hate it as much as I do for whatever reason?

Re: Band Shirt Posers.

Hrm, I must say I feel irked when I notice someone wearing a shirt of something and when you get into conversation with them about it that it is kind of obvious they barely have a clue what any of it is about.

Most of the time it is a Band Shirt, I had one run in with someone wearing an Atreyu shirt and when I asked him about it he barely knew any songs save for the ones on the radio, I mean yeah sure you can be a fan of the band from a couple songs but when you go buy a shirt usually that means you have some commitment to enjoying a bit of their music, more than 3+ songs.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

10+ Year Old Account

meh there will always be trendy kids (even tho metallica doesn't seem to trendy to me....). Your best bet is to just ignore them.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account

I saw a guy wearing a appitite for destruction shirt and when I called him on it he didn't even know the band. I am annoyed by this type of thing, but more so by poe who wear other band shirts to a concert I.e. A maiden shirt to a Acdc concert

Deleted

Does the person in question have an older sibling? Because that's the explanation for about 90% of these cases, they 'borrowed' the shirt.

10+ Year Old Account

At that point in time it's like "No, you don't like *BAND*, you like two of their songs. Huge difference."

That being said, i only own one band shirt. NiN <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    but more so by poe who wear other band shirts to a concert I.e. A maiden shirt to a Acdc concert
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.

I saw a guy wearing a appitite for destruction shirt and when I called him on it he didn't even know the band. I am annoyed by this type of thing, but more so by poe who wear other band shirts to a concert I.e. A maiden shirt to a Acdc concert
    Man if anyone has ANYTHING Appetite for Destruction related on them and they can't even tell me the first song on the album I flip out, that album is seriously one of the MOST kickass albums -ever.-

With good bands comes great artwork.

Is it wrong for me to wear band t-shirts just because of the art rather than because I like their sound? Last I heard music came from CD's and Instruments.. not t-shirts (except those comical christmas ones)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Telric
    Well dunno, I try to match the shirt and band if possible, but sometimes you have no matching shirts available at the moment. That's why I wore an Amorphis shirt to a Nightwish concert. :-X

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Does the person in question have an older sibling? Because that's the explanation for about 90% of these cases, they 'borrowed' the shirt.
    I didn't really take the convo into how he picked his outfit for the day, pretty much dropped off after our short little Metallica convo, which was pretty one sided since he didn't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Telric
    I agree here, see I feel it is alright to wear other band shirts to other band concerts because maybe Iron Maiden is an influence to ACDC.

I mean if its a totally out of the way genre I would find it in a bad light perhaps.

wtf ? someone who doesnt know guns n' fuckin roses ?

come on now, how can you not know gn'r, radio always play their songs. sweet child o mine is one of the most used songs in movies. girls still talk about how sexy axl rose is. also slash's picture is on everything. even on bible !

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Well dunno, I try to match the shirt and band if possible, but sometimes you have no matching shirts available at the moment. That's why I wore an Amorphis shirt to a Nightwish concert. :-X
    Real men go to concerts shirtless.

PLAY FREE BIRD

The best is when you have a music conversation, then realize that they are just talking about the guitar hero song list and have no idea about anything else.

Who cares?

and yes, rock on Tayla NiN owns

10+ Year Old Account

but more so by poe who wear other band shirts to a concert I.e. A maiden shirt to a Acdc concert
    Dude, that's just concert etiquette. You don't wear an Iron Maiden shirt to an Iron Maiden concert, for the same reason you don't say "good luck" before a stage performance.

@OP: I know where you're coming from. I can't count the amount of high school boys who think Iron Man is the greatest song ever written, while at the same time they can't name any other Sabbath songs. Thanks, Guitar Hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Corgrash
    With good bands comes great artwork.

Is it wrong for me to wear band t-shirts just because of the art rather than because I like their sound? Last I heard music came from CD's and Instruments.. not t-shirts (except those comical christmas ones)
    Is it wrong? Yes.

You can do what you want, not like I will stab someone in the face for not being able to name off every song on every album of the band they wear, just makes you look like a poser who is trying to impress the coolkids... or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla
    At that point in time it's like "No, you don't like *BAND*, you like two of their songs. Huge difference."
    I don't see a lot wrong with that. I wish more bands made more than 2 songs worth listening to.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    Real men go to concerts shirtless.

PLAY FREE BIRD
    Real men play concerts shirtless... ON CELLOS!

A P O C A L Y P T I C A