So Im completely Fn up this enhance pvp

Ok I level as enhance from 1-79 and changed to ele at 80 for the pvp. I have nearly all wraithful and relentless in this spec but resently got tired of not being able to deal with people up close and personal. Since ive come back to the world of enchance ive gotten some decent gear but the damage just isnt even half of what i was doing as ele. to make matters worse even doing a random im topping out at 2200 dps. I am serously messing something up and cannot firgure out what im doing wrong. I have looked all over for pvp answers for 3.3 shammys but most of it seems out dated. HELP Gahlaktus lightninghoof

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...f&cn=Gahlaktus
    [

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: So Im completely Fn up this enhance pvp

Well I havent been PvPing as Enhance this season (due to just coming back from a 4month break) but I got to 1900 in 2s last season as Enha Frostmage easily before my Mage decided he wanted to play Mage Priest instead.

Anyways, I took a look at your gear/enchants/spec and here's my take on what you should/could upgrade and what you should aim for:
    http://www.chardev.org/?profile=415798

For BGs you can swap 5/5 Reveb for 5/5 Elemental Fury for more damage.

I also regemmed around a bit and swapped in a few upgrades which should be available to you as far as I can see.

Enhancement doesnt really do a lot of damage on plate, but on a Purged clothie you do buttloads of damage. Using the right totems at right times, purging targets and interupting heals / major DPS spells and supporting your partner really come a long way in Arenas as Enhancement.

Use WF in mainhand and Frostbrand in offhand. Yeah Frostbrand is as awesome as an undispellable snare ever gets.

Theres a lot more I could write about but dont really have the time right now as I'm currently at work :P

EDIT: Also, if you're doing randoms as Enhancement in PvP gear, you wont be doing much DPS as you have close to no Expertise and Hit (which are required in order to do decent DPS in PvE).

thanks this is definately a start!
    [

I´ve done some research on this also. Mostly for arena and 3v3.

Most High rated enhan shamans don´t use SS glyph, instead they use WF glyph. Also noticed they dont use gems of ap+haste but ap+crit. Also would recomend the ap enchant on bracers.

One thing I also see is them using the ghost wolf small glyph.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    I´ve done some research on this also. Mostly for arena and 3v3.

Most High rated enhan shamans don´t use SS glyph, instead they use WF glyph. Also noticed they dont use gems of ap+haste but ap+crit. Also would recomend the ap enchant on bracers.

One thing I also see is them using the ghost wolf small glyph.

Check Arenajunkies.com... All the top Enhancement Shamans gem AP and/or Haste.

Hello
    gonna try to help you out as mutch as i can
    your specc seems fine, thou for arena i would go 5/5 reverb instead of 5/5 elemental fury.
    and as a previous poster said Wf on main hand and frostbrand on your oh, not only becouse of the undispelable snare but also since it increase the dmg done by LB, CL, LL and shocks which is kinda nice to have against all thous damn plate classes.

regarding geming, i also did gem for pure ap and then some ap+crit when my ilvl wasent tht high (reason behind this is becouse of the flurry talent, more flurry proccs equals more swings which makes more white dmg and also generate more maelstorm charges). but now i sit at 47% crit with the buffs i got in 3v3 so now i kinda go for ap+haste instead, which also makes a blackmagic enchanted ofhand prety nice.

and abaout glyphs i recomend; stoneclaw, wolf and WF as the last.

i acctually made a enha pvp "tips and tricks/guide" some time ago for 3.3 most focused on arena thou, maby i should post it out here to.

hope atleast something was useful for you.
    //Detrox

Edit: ops i missed that you dont use mental quickness, which u really really dont wanna miss out on so get the points from either elem fury or thoughness to get 3/3 mental quickness!

Just out of curiousity why not get mental quickness? You could drop points from Imp. SS and Elemental Focus and it would help out against plate classes I would assume.

You should probably pick up mental quickness. 1500 sp for 3 points is very, very good and if you're worrying about your dps as pvp spec then that could be a good way to improve it (it would scale well with your choices of elemental fury and glyph of stormstrike too.) The way I'd recommend freeing up the points for MQ would be to drop 2 points from toughness and 1 from elemental focus, but there are other ways too.
    As for your gear, there are a couple of things you could improve. Swap in the ashen band instead of the one off Deathbringer, even the honored ring would be better (although if you're resto mainspec for pve then that might be a pain.) Try to find a better trinket to replace MoT. I recommend either Battlemaster's Rage, Herkuml War Token or Whispering Fanged Skull. You also don't have the 4 piece pvp set bonus which is great for enhance, -2 seconds on stormstrike would help a fair amount with your damage. I'd suggest swapping in a different set of shoulders (relentless ideally) instead of titan-forged. If you switched in the Ashen Band as well like I suggested then you wouldn't lose much hit rating. Also try to find a better cloak, Wrathful perhaps.
    I noticed that you have too much hit rating. All you actually need to reach the spell cap is 105, not that I'd recommend going that low, but you could certainly lose a fair amount if you replaced it with attack power.
    That's all I can see right now, good luck.

regarding geming, i also did gem for pure ap and then some ap+crit when my ilvl wasent tht high (reason behind this is becouse of the flurry talent, more flurry proccs equals more swings which makes more white dmg and also generate more maelstorm charges). but now i sit at 47% crit with the buffs i got in 3v3 so now i kinda go for ap+haste instead, which also makes a blackmagic enchanted ofhand prety nice.

and abaout glyphs i recomend; stoneclaw, wolf and WF as the last.
    Would like to add one thing that white hit is not caped at 5% now that said I dont know how much of increase damage you get compare to other stats but white hit is your main damage out put as shaman.

Wow... see this is why I love mmo champ, ive looked for days for a clearer picture of what im doing wrong and failed. I ask for help here and u guys brought the rain. Definately changing the spec up i suspected that as much. soon I should have enough honor for my cloak and either pants or shoulders. I pve as resto so unfortunately i can switch out that ring.

Hopefully ill be doing some more damage soon thanks guys!

oh yeah illl let you know how it turns out...
    [

I was wondering black magic vs tit wpn chains

I havent check haste in pvp yet - it seems fine but is that offhand enchant rly worth being disarmed 10s?

Quote Originally Posted by windie
    I was wondering black magic vs tit wpn chains

I havent check haste in pvp yet - it seems fine but is that offhand enchant rly worth being disarmed 10s?
    i acctually got 2 T2 offhands 1 with bm and 1 with chain. thou i rarley use the chain one. mainley becouse if the oponent choose to disarm me instead of my hunter its really there loss. i can still purge and interupt without it. which is my main jobb in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by akaDetrox
    i acctually got 2 T2 offhands 1 with bm and 1 with chain. thou i rarley use the chain one. mainley becouse if the oponent choose to disarm me instead of my hunter its really there loss. i can still purge and interupt without it. which is my main jobb in the team.
    Yeah I didnt realize that purgeing and shearing was my main foucus when I switched to enhance lol just curious what addons are you running during arena to help keep an eye out on who to purge and etc...
    [

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by anninhilus
    Yeah I didnt realize that purgeing and shearing was my main foucus when I switched to enhance lol just curious what addons are you running during arena to help keep an eye out on who to purge and etc...
    The (sort-of) main thing an enhancement shaman does in PVP is applying pressure by dispelling, back-up heals, instant CC (hex), constant interrupting, and pro-longed burst (through wolves)

Alot of your damage is uncontrollable, and your defensive capabilities require you to be in control of your character.

So ALWAYS keep a track of your team-mate, without it you will often die.

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Thanks for the advice guys doing much better now. hopefully ill get an off hand drop from icc to put black magic on
    [

I can vouch for Detrox, his suggestions are legit.

As for what addons I personally use, I am running an interface similar to the Ultimate Shaman UI, with a lot of tweaks, thats a good start. If you care to see what my addons look like check out my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlBkniclXE