Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3.5 Regional Release Information

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter
    I skip to the last page and no suprise I find people are raging over things like wars and politics.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.

That's bullshit!

Frozen yogurt is WAAAAAAAY better than Ice Cream!!!

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.
    exactly

... but because i'm a baaaad old orc i made a little picture just for fun

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9430/patc.jpg

edit
    ----
    Pics is now a little outdated, but i cannot resist
    SSSSSSsssss OH SHI- *BOOM*

EU u mad?

Honestly, you people have absolutely no right to bitch, moan, and groan. Blizzard is based in the US. Be glad you even have the damn game, jesus christ. Go outside and get some air for the love of god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr
    if you got problems listing world firsts, list them by the time it took after release on respective servers to kill the boss.
    I agree that is the best way to rate the first kills... A tutor of mine in the uni does this with the two groups of students that have classes different days of the week.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

I just read this entire thread, and wow, it was hilarious. Made my day. Especially the part where people suddenly started arguing about who invented the internet, who really won WW2, and of course, who the founders of the USA were. All this is so very relevant to a World of Warcraft patch!

I'm European by the way, and i don't care that the US gets the patch first. Nor would i have cared if Ruby Sanctum was immediately available to them as well.

Salutations to the trolls and ragers that gave me awesome reading fodder.

"US is full of ignorant fatties but we're not above crying because we have to wait a whole week to sit in our mother's basement and battle e-dragons!"

lolEu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryn
    I love how people think the US servers are going to get to kill things first. Well I've got news for ya, yankees!

Battle.net 2.0 is HORRIBLE.

Anyone who plays SC2 Beta will know just how much trouble B.net is in at the moment. Don't be surprised if you are unable to log in for a few hours until they fix you back to 3.3.4.
    I'm pretty sure that WoW is already using battle.net and has been since like November, ya know when we all had to make battle.net accounts to play?
    and SC2 beta goes down all the because it's a beta and that happens, The PTRs and betas for wow go down all the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    LOL@ people complaining because they won't get the patch that's most likely to cause technical issues of any patch ever, until a week after NA gets to act as the canary in the coal mine.

99.9% of the Euro server population benefits from this decision, and only the .1% that might realistically get a world first suffers. Same for asia.

If you're in Ensidia, Stars, Paragon, etc then I could see being a bit upset but if you're not then seriously what are you complaining about? Just because some Euro guild gets the world first it doesn't mean that YOU accomplished some thing.
    This post sums it all up. Bunch of whiners who wouldn't even be close on world first anyways. They see someone getting something 7 days earlier and cry like little bitches. It's am American based company, so they release the patch on American servers first.

The problem with world of casualcraft these days is that everyone can down every encounter so everyone thinks they're good when the vast majority are still terrible. I'm willing to bet not a single EU or Asian server player that has posted here even stood 1/10000000000 of a chance of getting a world first whether the patch was released worldwide or not.

The competition for world first normal mode doesn't mean shit. Any scrub group can walk in and kill Halion on normal. Even heroic mode, who cares, this is a filler raid.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Broontank
    This post sums it all up. Bunch of whiners who wouldn't even be close on world first anyways. They see someone getting something 7 days earlier and cry like little bitches. It's am American based company, so they release the patch on American servers first.

The problem with world of casualcraft these days is that everyone can down every encounter so everyone thinks they're good when the vast majority are still terrible. I'm willing to bet not a single EU or Asian server player that has posted here even stood 1/10000000000 of a chance of getting a world first whether the patch was released worldwide or not.

The competition for world first normal mode doesn't mean shit. Any scrub group can walk in and kill Halion on normal. Even heroic mode, who cares, this is a filler raid.
    I'd bet a lot of money that most people here saying "STOP WHINING AND WAIT BECAUSE YOU SUCK" would go apeshit when Blizzard would launch a patch with a new raid in the EU/Asia first and one week later in the USA.

Blizzard is owned by Vivendi btw, and I hope you know that they are french. So no, Blizzard is not an American company it is an international company with FANS all over the world. Most of their players are outside of America (the continent)

But you know, nerds here fail at logic hard most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan
    I'd bet a lot of money that most people here saying "STOP WHINING AND WAIT BECAUSE YOU SUCK" would go apeshit when Blizzard would launch a patch with a new raid in the EU/Asia first and one week later in the USA.

Blizzard is owned by Vivendi btw, and I hope you know that they are french. So no, Blizzard is not an American company it is an international company with FANS all over the world. Most of their players are outside of America (the continent)

I honestly wouldn't give a shit if the patch was released in europe first because i am not 1) part of the .001% of players who have a chance at a world first heroic (which is the only world first that matters for such an easy normal mode boss) and 2) someone who gives a shit about world firsts. the content will reach me and when it does i will play it.

everyone wants to make it a fucking eu & asia vs america thing. its a fucking game, stfu and play it and stop crying. it plain and simple made more sense for them to release it at home first. do you have any idea how game development works? have you ever worked in game dev? clearly not from your ignorant comments. pushing that kind of data to the entire world at once is horribly risky and instead of having to deal with massive issues on a global scale they wanted to smooth things out in north america first. due to the feedback they received they have announced now that they will release it later so that everyone will be happy.

the point of the post was that almost no one on this site stood any chance of getting that world first, so they need to stop crying. if you can't wait 7 days to try something new then that's pathetic.

and just because vivendi is a french company doesn't make blizzard any less american. they began in america, work out of america and will continue to be american regardless of who owns them. I work for EA who own dozens of game developers around the world. those studios do not become american simply because an american (or canadian, depending on who you ask) company now owns them.

fyi, i am not american, so dont call me bias.

Quote Originally Posted by blacktempest
    Europe and the United States both have advantages and disadvantages. The United States is a better place generally for research because our country is more corrupt and thus allows more grey area research to be done. Much of what is done in America is done for other countries such as Japanese owned factories. America's biggest area of dominance is arms sales which isn't a great selling point. The biggest export America has is Entertainment be it sports, music, movies, or other media. We take the best talent from other countries and they entertain the masses.

In terms of education, benefits for the average working man, and working environment, Europe is superior. European politics are much fairer having multiple parties and opinions versus the two party system we have here. In America, you have to register in every single state with X number of signatures before you can even appear on the Presidential ballet. This makes regional politics obsolete as you have to have a national political base before you even are allowed to run. Ross Perot, the most successful recent candidate not to be in any major party, wasn't even on the ballet in all 50 states despite spending tens of millions of dollars building a national platform.

Europe has nice things. America has nice things. They are just different things. I would happily live in either place. Comparing them is comparing apples and oranges. They are both great.

Firsts are generally divided anyway because of the time difference. It's not fair to the EU that the US gets content before they do if you didn't take that into account. The Europeans have proven they have the best raiding guilds at the top end. That isn't in dispute. So who cares if Halion arrives a week later? We all know the truth anyway.
    America owns only one type of export and that is my friend; War!

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan

Wrong.

Try again

and just because vivendi is a french company doesn't make blizzard any less american. they began in america, work out of america and will continue to be american regardless of who owns them. I work for EA who own dozens of game developers around the world. those studios do not become american simply because an american (or canadian, depending on who you ask) company now owns them.

15+ Year Old Account

so we gotta wait what? another week big deal go level an alt or something i would rather have blizzard make sure when they release the new content its works fine and not at all its not like the next expansion or something sigh...o god we gotta wait another week or something ohh well :P cant wait to kill the new raid boss ;D

10+ Year Old Account

So what if US gets it first, you guys are just butthurt because you have to wait one stinkin week to fight a new dragon dude. Jeez guys chillax!

P.S. I never knew there were THAT many EU players on MMO-C
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Glad they changed it so it unlocks at the same time, Blizzard feeds on Euro QQ

15+ Year Old Account

seeing how were gonna get it the same time EU realms get it hmmm im calling first realm kill by my server

Khad'gar - Alliance

guild - Epic Weapons Vendor > respect

Quote Originally Posted by Phayze

So take your Eurotrash self back to school, "dear sir." You guys would be speaking German if it wasn't for America.
    I think you mean we'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for Soviet, America just came in with guns blazing and stole the credit as always.
    I.M.F - Imposing Misery Forever.

Q: What's the difference between fascism and libertarianism?
    A: Under fascism, you are starved of your freedom. Under libertarianism, you are free to starve.

I want 3.3.5 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    Excellent, we get to watch for a whole week while the US completely fails to get the world first kill.
    Yea right, on my server the guild "WILL WIPE YOU ON GALV" will down them first day. That guild goes hard...

The U.S. pretty much won the pacific theater single-handedly which you intelligent people fail to understand was half of WWII at least in terms of the American portion. No, America didn't win the European Theater single-handedly but to say that they did nothing is just utterly moronic. The U.S. encountered a huge amount of Germany's best generals and defeated them. To say that the German's having to split their forces and focus their attention on two different fronts wasn't key to the Germany losing WWII is an absurdity. The real winner of WWII was really Hitler ironically because he was the loser as well. Hitler defeated himself in WWII when he decided to take over immediate command of the Wermacht, Luftwaffe, etc. and split the front. Hitler defeated himself. Russia could hardly have been considered winners when you look at the state of the country after WWII with half of Leningrad starving and the other half eating the people that starved to death. Stalingrad being in shambles after the siege. Sure they forced them back into Germany then took the Reichstag but at a huge cost.