Drak The Orc Warrior

Name: Drak
    Last Name: Doesn't have one yet (see below)
    Race: Orc
    Class: Warrior
    Description: Looks like a regular Orcish Grunt in red armor, but he has a pick symbol drawn on his chest plate and shoulderpads to remind him (and inform others) of his origins. Typically wields a battle axe.

History:
    Drak was born to a family of peons in Razor Hill. At a young age, he realized that he wanted more out of life than to work forever in the family mines. So he began to train his skills as a warrior. He went to Ogrimmar to train, but was rejected by most teachers, as a lowly son of a peon could never become a strong warrior of the Horde (They realized he was a peon by the pick symbol he inscribed on his armor). He might have simply lied about his origins to the trainers, yet he was too proud of his origins to lie about them. So he went out to train by himself, learning by trial and error.
    Despite this prejudice from others about his origins, he soon proved his strength and skill on the battlefield, and was eventually (and by some grudgingly) made a proper warrior. After becoming a warrior, he decided that in order to be truly recognized as a Orcish warrior, he needed a weapon worthy enough to make a name for himself (like Doomhammer). Before he set off to create the weapon, he was given a old family pick that had been handed down from generation to generation. Drak decided this would be the perfect base for this weapon, always reminding himself of his roots. So he set off, to gain all components he would need to make his destiny.

Upon heading out he found that the Horde were going to make an attack on the Alliance city of Stormwind. He felt that this would be the perfect place to build his reputation, which it did monumentally. While arriving a while late, he eventually grew from a simple soldier, to leader of the peons, eventually controlling the entire seige forces of the army. Before leaving he obtained a strance mace, which he found on a dead draenei shaman. This mace was charged witht the power of lightning, and Drak felt that this would be perfect for his weapon. Upon returning from the war, he went to work, sharpening his blacksmithing skills, as he wanted to make his weapon all by himself if possible. When he felt his skills were enough, he carefully worked on the mace, keeping the electric powers, yet removing the handle and turning it into a sphere. The first part of his weapon, a steel sphere coursing with electricity, was complete. He set off again for his next adventure.
    Last edited by Moonkin; 2010-06-21 at 07:38 PM.

Re: Drak The Orc Warrior

I feel that the history needs more details than just one paragraph. I'd like to know how his training went, mainly, and how hard it was for a peon to become a warrior (which is quite hard indeed, based on the peon's cultural standing)

Edit: I added a bit emphasizing how proud he was and his origins and a bit of his training in Orgrimmar.

I would add a couple defining moments in his history; also, an orc's last name can be his clan's. My warrior's (Rakzor, see sig) is Frostwolf, since he is of the Frostwolf Clan.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Shamelessly copied from Wowwiki, as i felt the whole naming thing needed a bit more clarification:

An orc’s first name is given early in life, often derived from a family name or the name of a great hero. The tribe bestows the second name after the orc reaches maturity, this name based upon some great deed. Such a practice gives rise to surnames such as Doomhammer, Elfkicker, Foe-ender, Skullsplitter, Thumper, and the like. This second name may be changed if a new one seems more appropriate.

What relys said. As much depth as you can get, mate!

As well, peons are generally not proud of their standing. I can see a peon rising through the ranks, though not being proud of his past. Perhaps grateful for the chance given him, and understanding to the peons who are now below him, but I don't think proud is the best word choice.

In concern to the name, if his great deed hasn't been done, he won't have a last name. Your current choice in that regard is fitting

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod
    What relys said. As much depth as you can get, mate!

As well, peons are generally not proud of their standing. I can see a peon rising through the ranks, though not being proud of his past. Perhaps grateful for the chance given him, and understanding to the peons who are now below him, but I don't think proud is the best word choice.

In concern to the name, if his great deed hasn't been done, he won't have a last name. Your current choice in that regard is fitting
    The reason i have not added that much is because he hasn't done that much. The RP's he participates in will add to his depth as a character, And as for the "proud" thing, he is proud of his past because it reflects how far he has risen, and growing with the peons has given him a deep respect for them.

I still don't think proud is the right word , but I'm not an english professor. Do what you want.

Update: aded his adventures in "The Fall of Stormwind" and creating the first peice of his weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkin View Post
    Update: aded his adventures in "The Fall of Stormwind" and creating the first peice of his weapon.
    You should PM Dinner Bone to get a name change :]
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh is it Dinnerbone that's doing all the name changees? I wondered how Darkside got his name back.

He got it from him most likely or another mod, he was at the "Who are we?" thread that got locked and I think is in page 1 or 2 of the RP discussion forum.

If I'm not mistaken you just PM him telling him you are an Role Player and that you wish to ask him to change your name from the one you have to the new one. Though it could take time for it to happen and I don't know if there's a limit of how many name changes you can get.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!