Little bit of guidance

Alright, I'm a Moonkin / Feral dps, ad this post is about the Moonkin side of things.

Doing ICC10, some bosses heroic, some not, but I always seem to be lowest on dps, and usualy near the bottom of damge done.

How can I improve my dps?

Armoury Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...t&cn=Xeltentat

Note: I only really have acess to ICC10, the guild I go with (guild my mage is in, not one my Druid is) don't really do the other places.

I do have Abyssal Rune as a trinket to, but I'm currently not using it due to being over the haste cap already. The Quill trinket,I only got the other day so haven't raided whilst having it.

Re: Little bit of guidance

I don't know a lot about boomkins, but at a cursory glance:

More haste/crit
    Less hit.
    4 pc.
    Better trinkets.

After THAT, parse a run.

Check your uptimes for IS and Moonfire (keep as close to 100% as you can).

If you're not using something to keep track of Lunar Eclipse procs, find an addon you like that will help you maximize that.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Editing this because I didn't realize the haste soft cap was 400 for boomkins. Seems like more crit and dropping ~100 hit would be you the most good.

Edit 2 - Drop Glyph of IS and switch to Starfall.

Luckily for you, you don't need to do ICC-25 to get ilvl 264 items. There is a whole bunch of them available from vendors and crafters.

Most important upgrades would be two more T10 pieces. I would advise chest and legs, since you have spirit items here. Next, get the 264 idol. Since you are low on crit, I would advise you to buy Sundial of the Exiled, you shouldn't need the hit trinket with T10 legs.
    To get rid of your spirit belt, a Frost Emblem upgrade is available: Belt of Petrified Ivy. For your wrist, consider Ether-Soaked Bracers or The Lady's Brittle Bracers (BoE).

Getting rid of all your spirit items should boost your dps a lot. Then you should focus on better trinkets. And yes, switch Glyph of Insect Swarm to Glyph of Starfall (and use Starfall on every CD at every boss). With the 264 idol, you also don't need to keep up MF all the time, and can just use the dot appropriate for the eclipse cycle.

Thank you, I shall work towards that, unfortunatley the embelms don't pour in as fat as the triumph, so it'll take a while.

hit to 262 -> haste to 401 -> crit to soft cap(changes with your int but assuming full raid buffs/debuffs its ~42% on you char sheet) -> haste after 401 -> crit after softcap. all while gaining SP.

the guy who dais try to keep IS and MF up 100% doesnt know what he's talking about. moonkins arent afflic locks, our DoTs are there to prop up our nukes. ideally you should see ~45% on IS and ~55% on MF. you only want them running durring their respective nukes eclipse. EG IS running durring solar but not durring lunar.

that changes when you have to move(casting an off eclipse DoT > typhoon > GoTW > clipping DoT > re-thornsing the tank > not doing anything)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted

Hey yo,

First of all, I'd suggest that you go read the fanciful moonkin guide at the top. It can help fill out the gaps in your moonkin knowledge.

More importantly, though, I am not sure how to actually respond to your question. See "I'm always lowest on DPS" could mean a lot of things: Are you lowest beceause you were 2 DPS behind the 2nd to the bottom? Are you 2.000 DPS behind the bottom? Are you lowest because you are forced to heal half of the encounter?

We really need to know a bit more about the situation: A log would be nice, or if you could look at the rotation posted in the moonkin guide, and consider if your own is different. Also, if you observe any problems during a fight - such as, you find yourself confused or running around a lot - then reading up on tactics might actually be a way to improve your DPS

TL;DR: Need more info :P

To answer your question Qieth, I'm in a raid group that primarily consists of ranged catsers, who do actually mostly have better gear. The DPS difference isn't major, a few hundered usualy, but between me and the top one, sometimes it's in the thousands (he is much better geared than me though, and doesn't need to innervate peopel or combat ressurect!)

The rotation I use is usualy, Faerie fire -> MF -> IS -> Wrath until eclipse -> Starfire until out of Eclipse -> Reapply dots and do wrath again. Using Starfall when it's off CD.
    I also use the +crit or +sp trinket on use effect for the eclipse which increases starfire, and if both of those are on cooldown, I use the hyperspeed accelerators.

I can try to get a log next time I'm in Ice crown, which will most likley be next wednesday, but, I'd need ot know how to get a log..
    #

Deleted

Theres a thing about raid meters. They suck :P You need to do a bit more than a brief glance to really get any use of it. For example, is it showing all DPS done, or only damage done to the actual boss? Imagine something like Lich King: How much damage is splashed onto Ghouls which will die anyways from the plague?

When we do LK HC, on the "DPS" meter, I will be in the middle. Not bad, but not top either. But if i switch to "Damage done to Lich King", and ignore both my starfall splashes on ghouls, and our shadowmourne wielding warriors AOE damage on them, then I am usually in the top 5. Theres a HUGE difference in how you look at it.

For example, are you looking at total damage done, or damage done to just Marrowgar. If you are the only one who bothers to get people off the spikes, then you lose damage.

Secondly, I find that there is usually one or two DPS'ers that are far (further, at least) on meters than the rest of the group. My shadowmourne-wielding warrior guildie, for example. Remember, only one person can be on top: Where are all the other ones? As long as you are within the *core* of the DPS group, everything is fine. Imagine if the majority of the raid is between 9,5k-10k DPS - being "at the bottom" might just be a few hundred DPS difference from the top of the core, and that can be put down to RNG. Don't just look at your position, but your relation to everyone else. You need to worry if you are at the bottom, 1k+ DPS away from the second from the bottom :P

You shouldn't do both dots at the same time. You use MF before lunar eclipse and IS before solar eclipse and thats it.

is it showing all DPS done, or only damage done to the actual boss?

Secondly, You need to worry if you are at the bottom, 1k+ DPS away from the second from the bottom :P
    [/quote]

Damage done for current fight, is where I see how i'd doing during the boss, and i'm not over a few hundered dps away from the second bottom dps usualy.
    My dps is, sadly, usualy around 5.5k or 6k, sometimes going up to 7k, whereas our best dps is usualy in the 9/10 thousands, although he does have mostly icc25 heroic gear and whatnot from his previous guild.
    I'll try to do the DoT cast thing yo usuggested.

Where would I get the thing to make me able to get a log of a fight, as I assume that isn't recount.

Deleted

I was trying to get you thinking on reasons why meters aren't always that useful. I really need a log to try and figure out any fixes for you..

Meters aren't useful, because they odn't take into account thigns such as combat ressurecting and movement, and also they include damage that is done but not done to the boss.

I'll try to get a proper log though of my next raid, and i'll post it here forr people to have a look and then comment/ point out flaws.