Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: My first 277tolken... what to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie

Lol @ the guy who suggested upgrading shoulders. lulul
    but the 277 shoulders are ever so good looking

If Holy is your main spec: Legs > Gloves > Helm > Shoulders.
    If Disc is your main spec: Shadow Chest > Legs > Helm > Gloves > Shoulders

This will give you the largest upgrades in order.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Meliah
    Buy the chest! Get another offpiece or just run with 5 pieces of tier simples.
    Why would you buy the chest? Sanguine Silk Robes (Heroic) is BiS for holy. Just ditch the chest and get the other four pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by harky

This is good advice, listen to it.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

There are 3 types of responses in this thread

1) Uninformed people who are sharing their opinion and making themselves look silly
    2) Smart ppl who thing Sanguine is BiS
    3) Smart ppl who thing Shadow Chest is BiS

I don't think anyone would argue that the Shadow Chest is not BiS for disco (which I play a lot)... So I guess I can now raise the question.. for holy why is Sanguine better than the Shadow chest and Vice Versa. Here is the raw stats difference broken down:

Assuming Runed in reds, Reckless in yellow and Purified in blues and +10 stats for both http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.40113.40155

Sangine has 142 Spirit (156 with kings) - +39spellpower (from holy)
    T10 has 10 Spirit (11 with kings) - +3spellpower (from holy)

Sangine has:
    +41 SP
    +145 Spirit

T10 Chest has:
    +114 Crit Rating
    +16 Haste

With that down on paper I now ask myself... would I rather have +41SP, or +114crit rating and +16 haste. Quite clearly (to me at least) I have to say the tier chest is better considering my current gear setup. The spirit regen is not needed so much.. and something else that could be thrown in the mix is that crit rating also contributes to regen so that would offset some loss of the spirit (which for myself personally wouldn't matter).
    Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

the 277 holy tier pants are amazing for all 3 specs. there least viable for discipline but your taking them to get the 4 piece anyway.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Crit is garbage for holy, regen is useful. Especially if you're on LK. That's why I think Sanguine silk robes are BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman
    If you have the shot at 277 tokens I don't think you still have to prove anything to someone by taking looks over stats.
    You also don't need 2 spellpower more by getting some other piece than shoulders. You get another 5% buff anyway in 2 weeks.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cemetary.
    With that down on paper I now ask myself... would I rather have +41SP, or +114crit rating and +16 haste. Quite clearly (to me at least) I have to say the tier chest is better considering my current gear setup. The spirit regen is not needed so much.. and something else that could be thrown in the mix is that crit rating also contributes to regen so that would offset some loss of the spirit (which for myself personally wouldn't matter).
    For holy it is Haste>SP>Int>Crit (some people will say Haste=SP>Int>Crit though).

In both cases crit is clearly the least desired stat for holy as haste (for example) is nearly four times better than crit. This (and the added spirit for more SP and regen) leads us to Sanguine Heroic being far better itemized for holy than the Shadow T10 Chest.

10+ Year Old Account

depends, i always take helmet or sometimes shoulders 1st, cus i like my char looking awesome

id go for the helmet.

10+ Year Old Account

Get legs first they're the best piece, get the head, gloves and shoulders after and get the blood princes chest

Quote Originally Posted by grogglol
    Looks is most important, so you always upgrade shoulders or chest first. Never even care of what increases your stats the most.
    Looks > stats.
    I dunno, I actually agree with this sarcastic or not, When you get to that point in the game, where your guild is clearing 277 emblem gear worth of things, Go what looks cool, You're just gonna get another Token later.
    Oh... A Twilight/Wow Cross over RP huh?... Alright, I'll join in, My name is Bae'noukul, I'm a 36,978 year old Demon Warlock. I walk into the room where everything is happening now, and because I need to have one weakness I DIE ON THE SPOT. Three guesses as to what my weakness was.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    For holy it is Haste>SP>Int>Crit (some people will say Haste=SP>Int>Crit though).
    Yeap I know and understand our stat priorities and with that in mid lets look at what we have here. Let say haste=SP:

16 haste cancels out 16 sp so we have 25 SP left.

With stat priorities taken into consideration is 25 SP > 114 crit?

Cemetary - Holy/Disc Priest | Quiteconfuzd - Arcane/Fire Mage | Torden - Feral Druid

for holy go for 4/5 277 set start with legs( more haste, better boost) and take robe from council HM

15+ Year Old Account

Yeap I know and understand our stat priorities and with that in mid lets look at what we have here. Let say haste=SP:

16 haste cancels out 16 sp so we have 25 SP left.

With stat priorities taken into consideration is 25 SP > 114 crit?
    Assumming your socket choice the Sanguine Silk Robe (Heroic) has 38 more SP (don't forget about the 25% spirit conversion) versus 114 crit.

Now as I said, haste is about four times stronger than crit. You're saying we should further assume that haste=SP, so SP would be four times stronger as well. That would mean that 38 SP equal 152 crit rating. Since 114<152 you're left with the result that 38 SP is indeed the superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by harky

I'm glad someone else already said it, this is exactly the order I would recommend as well.

The reason Sanguine is better than Shadow T10 is simply that Crit pretty much sucks for Holy at 277 gear levels. With the huge amounts of Intellect on gear, not to mention unavoidable Crit on at least 2 tier pieces and a few other Haste/Crit options, it's trivial to not only reach, but surpass a reasonable threshold of Crit.

Let us also take into account that for the very same reason that Spell Power has lost some priority, namely the 20% ICC buff, Crit loses even more because it is undependable does the same thing, just in a more undependable way and at a lower conversion. And beyond that, while regen isn't much of a concern, it really cannot be completely ignored like some of the people in this thread have done, so that's something else to help balance out the value of Spirit vs. Crit.

So, sure, the Shadow tier chest will work for Holy, but since that's your main spec, you really should prioritize the pieces that are best for Holy and get the Tier 10 legs. Besides, those work just fine for Discipline too, so they work fine for your off-spec too.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Assumming your socket choice the Sanguine Silk Robe (Heroic) has 38 more SP (don't forget about the 25% spirit conversion) versus 114 crit.
    I did account for it you added extra on top of that. I also don't believe SP is worth 4 times as much as crit but I do believe SP is much more valuable.

Assuming Runed in reds, Reckless in yellow and Purified in blues and +10 stats for both http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.40113.40155

Sangine has 142 Spirit (156 with kings) - +39spellpower (from holy)
    T10 has 10 Spirit (11 with kings) - +3spellpower (from holy)

Sangine has:
    +41 SP
    +145 Spirit

T10 Chest has:
    +114 Crit Rating
    +16 Haste

Seeing as Short-Mid term I'm not going to have access to 5 tolkens perhaps the best decision is to use Sanguine robes and upgrade my legs. Overall that will be the biggest stat increase.

I don't think anyone would argue that the Shadow Chest is not BiS for disco (which I play a lot)... So I guess I can now raise the question.. for holy why is Sanguine better than the Shadow chest and Vice Versa. Here is the raw stats difference broken down:

Is that comparison for Holy? If so I can see where the mistake is in your comparison and why you have the Shadow Chest ahead: Wrong gems.

Compare now: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.40128.40128

Shadow Chest: +9 SP, +112 Crit
    Sanguine: +4 haste, +122 Spirit

This puts Sanguine ahead by 24 SP and a small amount of haste, while losing only crit. Crit as Holy has excessively low scaling, which makes this a no-brainer. The extra regen is also considered needed when maximizing throughput from trinkets. Sanguine provides higher throughput (24 SP/4 haste is easily better than 112 crit) and higher regen... it's a pretty easy decision.