Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Heroic 10 Man LK Problem.

I guild is on 10 heroic LK right now. the huge problem is our tank get 1 shoot when the shambling horror becomes enraged. Our comp makeup is
    frost dk
    2 balance druid
    resto/ fearl druid
    resto shaman
    demo lock
    destro lock
    disc preist
    prot pally
    blood tank DK.
    What can we do so our tanks dont get 1 shot?
    I ment dont. miss type

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Heroic 10 Man LK Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank
    Tell them to raid naked.
    really helpful...it's not too hard to spot a typo D:

If I know the fight at all (which I don't), I think you can have a hunter dispel the enrage
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

15+ Year Old Account

i would but we dont have a hunter or rogue

the enrage is killing you, you need a hunter or a rogue, but its much worse, or to stun and kite. He also goes into frenzy at 10%, he should be stunned and die quickly
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Recruit one then, otherwise you'll probably have 1 shot problems till 30% ICC buff.

Deleted

you need a rogue or hunter to dispell it

i guess it's possible now with the 20% buff you could afford to lose some DPS and keep them stunned, but if you end up wiping to the enrage timer you're just going to have to bring a hunter to make the shamblings as easy as possible

a hunter is also very useful in p3 using frost traps + stuns/daze thing on valks + range on orbs.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't have a rogue or hunter to de-enrage, and which tank is tanking him? Your paladin should be able to live, but if they can't do it alone make sure the DK taunts as soon as he becomes enraged. Then, after the next strike have the paladin tank it again.

Cooldowns when he enrages.

Stuns help too because you can see he's casting it, stun him, then call for a cooldown if you're people aren't quick at seeing it themselves.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Hi,

If the paladin is tanking the Horrors, he should be able to deal with them with his stuns. The only hard time he has to go through is the ~20 seconds period with 2 horrors hitting him. He will need healer's cooldowns.

If he can't manage to survive... well, swap the tanks and make the DK kite the horrors. I wouldn't go for that though :<

(stunning the horrors during the cast is a bad idea, they will cast it again asap. You better stun them once they're done with their cast)

Thats a really really horrible comp for something like LK Heroic. You *could* get through p1 by luck or by using mass cds, but its kind of rng/luck related imo, which you won't want when you are practicing the hardest part (p3). I would recommend getting a hunter for it, a good one will insta-dispel enrages for you, though a rogue would do alright as well. I think its a waste of CDs if you go without a dispeller, even if you can live through the enrage, which I doubt many tanks can do beyond the ones in the very BiS gear (meaning 90k hp tanks w/ buff). It sucks ass, especially if those 10 players have been together awhile and did meta and such, but its better to be safe and get yourself much closer to a kill than to add additional stress to the fight that really isn't necessary.

Have the pally tank glyph holy wrath, he should be able to manage a stun on each enrage for one of the horrors. I'm not greatly familiar with some of the skills your comp utilizes, but have your ranged rotate stuns on the second horror until the first is down.

When the 20% enrage hits HoJ it, when HoJ is up hit shield wall. Pray he dies soon or call out for a pain suppress.

I have a seperate spec that I use to shorten the CD on HoJ to deal with horrors better, I would suggest you do the same thing so you can HoJ the next 20% enrage.

we hav a hunter tranq it or the pally tank does his best to stun it, also you should try and get a holly pally in your raid setup as they are the best for this fight as we only use a holy pally and disc setup for it and it goes very good, although the last phase is a little hairy especially in the frostmourne room as i can only heal with shock and get 1 HL off now and then.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

you DO need a tranq/poison dispel, or a reliablee stun on them when they pop enrage
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Sucks you can't progress because your composition isn't ideal We're gonna have the same problem with no disc priest.

In theory you could survive with a lot of well placed stuns. In practice I guess, you will wipe when 2nd shambling spawns (it's always before the 1st one died). If you invent a way to speed up a plague to amazing numbers and kill 1st shambler before the 2nd one spawns then you can live without hunter/rogue. And remember that a well fed plague kills shambler pretty fast, for example 3rd shambler in our party dies in 10-15 secs from spawning and doesn't even go to enrage (just berserk at 20%).

And offtopic:
    "a hunter is also very useful in p3 using frost traps + stuns/daze thing on valks "
    Could you elaborate what is meant by stuns/daze on valks hunter could possibly provide. ???

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Losina
    And offtopic:
    "a hunter is also very useful in p3 using frost traps + stuns/daze thing on valks "
    Could you elaborate what is meant by stuns/daze on valks hunter could possibly provide. ???
    Concussive shot anyone?

It's totally doable without a hunter for 10 man.
    Don't listen to these guys.

10+ Year Old Account

you wont make it without a rogue or hunter
    ....................................................................................

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ejzo
    you wont make it without a rogue or hunter
    It's perfectly doable without a hunter as long as you have a protection paladin. Between Hammer of Justice, Holy Wrath, Ardent Defender, and a well timed Pain Suppression at the 1st phase change, we rarely wiped from the shambler tank dying. We didn't have anyone dispelling the enrage. Note that you can move away from the Shambler after stunning it, and out range the shockwave it'll cast right after coming out of the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    It's totally doable without a hunter for 10 man.
    Don't listen to these guys.
    But you haven't done it