Am I all F-ed Up or what?

I've been reading, heavily, and all I can find on how to gem for holy is bits and pieces. I've come to a point where i have no clue if I'm gemmed correctly. And I've become kinda confused about Haste vs SP for Holy... could someone dumb it down for me?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dhoof&cn=Yewen

I know I'll probably be flamed on how I'm gemmed so.. to all the trolls.. please.. be gental!

Thank you in advance,
    Yewen

Quick Edit:

I mainly do ICC 10 as Holy and Disc if it calls for it.

Re: Am I all F-ed Up or what?

Well you don't gem Int

Disc is SP, with Reckless in good yellow slots and at most a single purple to activate meta.
    Holy is (at least in ICC) haste, with Reckless in good red slots and haste/spirit to activate meta, or in really good blue sockets.

If you're trying to cover both in the same gear set then some compromises will be needed. Since my main spec is disc I gem primarily for SP but I have haste gems in a few off-pieces.

Gemming for pure regen (+20 Spirit, +20 Int or yikes +10MP5) is right out - regen is just too easy to come by on gear for holy, and so little needed for disc.

My mains not a priest. This just happened to pop up on the front feed, but my only question would be why you're using a Nightmare Tear in your helm when it appears that you have more than enough red/blue/yellow gems in other sockets to activate any possible meta? Popping out again now, sorry!

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

For holy: drop the tear and get in haste/spirit or spellpower/haste to activate any meta requirements you need and then +20 haste EVERYWHERE. With the 20% buff in place and more to come you really dont need more spellpower, you just need to get to the 1269 cap asap.

I'm shadow but what i see most good holy priests do is
    23sp ion red slots
    12sp + 10 haste on yellow slots
    12sp + spi on blue slots

hope i helped and that i'm not wrong xD

Cheers
    Zoulis
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

In short, as others have said, in your gear level Holy should primarily focus on Haste and Disc should primarily focus on SP. How you should gem depends on how much you play each spec. Since you primarily play Holy, I'd suggest heavily focusing on Haste with nothing short of at least a SP/Haste, Haste, Haste/Spirit strategy, and potentially straight Haste except for meaningful bonuses and activating your meta. Gemming with a SP focus just isn't very helpful anymore.

Also, since you're primarily doing ICC 10, there really aren't any fights that call for Disc. The only one where Disc is clearly superior to Holy is LK, but it's easily doable as Holy, especially with the buff, so I see no reason to gem with any focus on Discipline at all unless maybe you're working on Heroic LK, but it doesn't look like that's the case.