Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: realy need help-shadow priest

yea i havent played a shadow priest in a while but when i did
    www.shadowpriest.com
    is a great place and its nice to not have to sift through the other class nonsense
    this sums up most of what i read here on this forum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX161ulHrSA

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shonubi
    thx all for the help -i open my rotation with mf -vt-dp -inner focus and trinkets+ haste pot then sw ...-i will try to make use of the pieces of advice!
    Thx again
    I have a couple of pieces of gearing advice.

1) You have Adbracadvar, I would suggest using it. Your haste is far too low for the gear level you are currently at and this has a tonne on it, also, Nieblung is fairly rubbish from a Shadow priest perspective.

2) Your pants are the worst part of T10 try and get: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49891/le...of-woven-death if you have the gold for them, or http://www.wowhead.com/item=50990 if you don't. The extra hit from the staff will make up for what you have lost.

3) To keep your 4 peice T10 bonus, get http://www.wowhead.com/item=50392 as soon as possible.

*im assuming you mainly raid 10's here*

There are numerous tests that conclude that SW:P doesn't get the 25% crit from Inner Focus over a whole fight. The crit modifier disappears when you use Mind Flay and refresh SW:P. There is no point in popping IF before SW:P (unless you plan on not using Mind Flay for 18 sec..). You'll probably get the most dps out of IF by macroing it into Mind Flay.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz
    There are numerous tests that conclude that SW:P doesn't get the 25% crit from Inner Focus over a whole fight.
    Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge65
    yea i havent played a shadow priest in a while but when i did
    www.shadowpriest.com
    is a great place and its nice to not have to sift through the other class nonsense
    This. It has everything you could possibly need to know and more...without all the other nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Link?
    Pain and Suffering mechanics. You can thank Harb_ID for his extensive testing. If you feel there's an error, toss some backing in a reply to the thread and it will be looked at.

Deleted

-inner focus and trinkets+ haste pot then sw ...
    SW:P is unaffected by haste, you're better off using Wild Magic, for prepotting at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Why doesn't it? It DOES give +25% crit for your next spell, so why would it not apply to SW: P?
    It just doesn't. Trust me, there's been testing on this, but I assume it is because they never added +25% crit chance to any of out DoTs with this spell because it was around a long time before DoTs could crit at all, and so they only added it to Channeled and Direct spells.

I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

%crit buffs don't affect SW: P. Only crit rating does like nevermelting ice crystal. I'm not going to bother posting a site about this because everyone else seems to have already done it.

OT: More haste, don't clip DoTs, blah blah blah, the usual stuff.

And the stuff about spirit. This maybe just me but I actually favor some spirit. Let's just say you have a few spirit pieces and fully raid buffed you have 500 spirit. With Twisted Faith and Glyph of Shadow(with some good crits), that's a free 250 spell power if kept up. And with Improved Spirit Tap that increases just a bit more which means more dps.

Shadow Word Pain is a spell that is not capable of critical strikes. Keep reading. Do not post yet. Vampiric Touch is also incapable of critical strikes. So is Devouring Plague. Shadowform enables these three dots to have critical strikes. Since these spell need a secondary talent to allow them to cause critical strikes, they do not fall in under the guidelines for Inner Focus, Inner Focus will give any spell that is capable of critical strikes a 25% extra chance of a critical strike. Improved Devouring Plague will gain from Inner Focus.

Now, is this understood and put away? Inner Focus does jack shit all to Shadow Word Pain. I do not care what happened to a friend of a friend of your uncles. It did not happen. It is impossible to happen.

As for the Original Poster: You're starting rotation is fine. Your priority seems fine. Just make sure you are not clipping spells. Do not clip Mind Flay unless you are pretty certain you are able to clip it at 2 ticks... and if you do clip it, only clip it to recast Touch and Plague. Never clip Flay for Blast. Make sure when you recast Touch you are taking your current haste and latency into account. Do not start a recast with 1.6 seconds left and your cast time is 1.4. Same with Plague. Make sure plague is off before you recast.

With your haste values... do not drop Blast. Does not matter if you have 4pcT10. Not worth it. If Mind Blast is about to come off of cooldown and Touch is about to expire, Touch is your main focus. Cast it before Blast. Same with Plague.

If you have to move and you find yourself never in trouble for mana, Cast SW : Death and spam Devouring Plague. If you really never have trouble with mana, Shadowfiend early and often.

Now, work on getting proper DPS pieces. If an item has +spirit has a gem bonus, it is probably not for you. If you have a gem bonus of +5 Spellpower/Critical/Haste then it is fine to put in a Reckless/Purified to get that bonus. Do not do it if it's +5 and two blue or yellow ... or if it is 1 blue 1 yellow.

Just aim for 1000 haste. 25% Crit.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Now, work on getting proper DPS pieces. If an item has +spirit has a gem bonus, it is probably not for you. If you have a gem bonus of +5 Spellpower/Critical/Haste then it is fine to put in a Reckless/Purified to get that bonus. Do not do it if it's +5 and two blue or yellow ... or if it is 1 blue 1 yellow.

Just aim for 1000 haste. 25% Crit.
    Reckless go in any Yellow slot with a socket bonus.

Don't 'aim' for any stats, just get the best DPS upgrades you can. There is no min or max Haste or Crit.

It's called setting goals. You can just run around collecting loot with your arms flailing around in the air or you could set a goal of certain numbers you want. I've always set mine at the same numbers and now I have 1150 and 33%. Meh.

Reckless go in any Yellow slot with a socket bonus.
    Yeah you're right. It's only a 1.2 loss so pretty much any socket bonus will do.

10+ Year Old Account

Well in reality you're shooting for:

Crit - 1227, 37.54%
    Haste - 1266, 38.61%

BiS :P

Deleted

If i remember rightly, the only socket bonuses you miss are blue ones with a 4 or less spellpower-equivalent bonus.
    red = runed, yellow = reckless, blue = purified