Poll: What is the best raid ever in WOW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love the troll raids ZG and ZA but i think the best raid is either Karazhan or Ulduar. I voted Ulduar because of the interesting hardmodes.
    The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool because he has to say something.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Funwell!

Deleted
    Blackrock Spire i just love it

I went with Kara. Loved that instance, was a cracking introduction to raiding, brilliantly balanced and paced, great environments and some really fun boss encounters.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Ulduar, handsdown. I've cleared all content (apart from original KT and horsemans) and there's been nothing as refreshing, full of diversity and just overally awsome as this. All the other raids felt a lot more grindy for whatever reason And I belive everyone agrees that Ulduar had the best difficulty curve in the instance itself (from LEviathan to Yoggy).
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked Ulduar, I love that place, and the lore is great.
    It was hard deciding between Ulduar and Zul'Aman TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's Lair FTW

My favorite raid was definitely Vietnam. My guild wiped in there for years before we just gave up. Luckily, it wasn't too long before new content came out: Zul'Iraq

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally really like Mount Hyjal It's also one of the few raids being outside :P And archimonde was such an intensive fight
    Also like karazhan alot, but since i started playing wow when tbc came out karazhan was already cleared when i dinged 70, so didnt reallly had to progress through it.

I might like ulduar more then HM even, but I didnt really got the chance to fully do ulduar and all the cool stuff, because i didnt raid with a guild at that time =) But i think its the best raid in wotlk.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Black Temple!!

I dunno if it's because I'm not as interested in the game anymore or what but everything in WOTLK has been really bland to me, besides maybe the firefighter fight. That was sick, and so was YOGG 0. Besides those two bosses I really don;t see why anyone would pick Ulduar over the older raids.

The black temple era was just really aesthetically pleasing, and all the bosses were interesting, especially the mechanics of Reliquary of Souls. Nothing compares. Second would probably be Karazhan or AQ 40/20. The unique look of AQ20 and 40 will never be forgotten. My first raid ever was in AQ20 and when I saw kurinaxx I nearly shit myself.

Tough choice, hard to choose just on.

For me, order of would be:

#1 Sunwell
    #2 BT (The cutscene where Maiev Shadowsong comes in during Illidian fight still gives me the chills, it was done so well)
    #3 Kara (Yes, Kara got old after running it so many times but early on, it was damn fun)
    Last edited by Vile; 2010-06-19 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Forgot about SWP!

From my point of view, SSC. From a general point of veiw: Ulduar.

And to all those who are flaming ToC. Its a filler raid to keep ppl from quitting like they did in BT-->SWP

Imagen how many would have quit if we didnt get a raid from Ulduar to ICC.

Def Kara.
    Had tons of fun in there fooling around with some mates ^^

ZA was my favorite because of the challenge of the 4 chest runs, plus I love my Mojo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Kara and Ulduar a lot. Both fun too me at least Remember my guildmates use to make bets on what the opera event was gonna be. I made 250g one night from that. =D
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

I raided in Vanilla, did half of MC. I didn't raid in BC because I couldn't find a guild. I started raiding again in WotLK and found Ulduar to be very well done. If I did raid in BC I may have a different opinion, but so far Ulduar is awesome.

Voted for ToC. No matter what all the whiners say, this instance was really fun. No trash, fun boss fights, and a cool atmosphere made it fun for me. People can cry that it was a linear, one roomed instance, but that is what made it awesome! It was like fighting in a coliseum, against huge monsters, with only your allies to rely upon. I also really liked most boss fights, Beasts was different, and I liked it because of that. Jaraxxus was pretty bland, but it really played into my coliseum battle fantasy (:B). The faction champions battle was exactly what I wanted, hectic combat amongst multiple people. The Twin Valkyr fight kept me in the train of thought of what we were fighting, and why we were even at ToC. Anub sucked, ruined the whole feel, and I hate it. /glower.

The no trash part really made me happy, as I hate clearing trash after the first run. It's got a reason to be there, and I understand that, but it's just mind-numbingly boring to kill over and over and over...

Finally, the instance had a good atmosphere about it. It was done very well, and kept me thinking that we were really accomplishing something, proving my worth in the battle for Icecrown!

Also, ToC was the first time my guild was able to really get into decent raiding, netting all faction first kills in ToGC, and in fact being the only guild capable of clearing ToGC pre-3.3. This was really cool for me, after having barely raided through 3.1 with a dead guild.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Ulduar was pretty fun. I'd say Sunwell was the hardest. I did it last night with 20, 80's and 5 70's, it was still goddamn hard. I don't see how 70's completed that back in the day... it was fun nonetheless.

Tight between Kara and Ulduar but the atmosphere in kara was outstanding along with ZA, i was never sick of going there, i never though ughh some boring trash i've killed 100 times before, it was just plain awesome, and WoW would never be perfect if they didn't make a Kara and Ulduar return or atleast something alike before WoW ends
    Last edited by Birgirmar; 2010-06-19 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Moar text i wanted to add