Poll: What is the best raid ever in WOW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: What is the best raid ever in WOW?

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBanana
    No im not trolling.. I find ICC utterly Appauling...

Theres no atmosphere, it feels empty, I HATE the boss fights, the way it was released was horrendous and the lore inside the whole instance is fricking stupid. They got lazy and used the same boss model for two fights and its tiny.

From the outside the place looks HUGE - they could have done so much with ICC but it was just such a letdown to follow 1 linear tiny path from start to finish. Also one of the most depressing raids to look at too.

The scourge style of Naxx > the scourge style of ICC, I honestly cant even finish an ICC raid anymore, I just lose the will after being in there for 10 minutes...
    you still wiping on Marrowgar?

ICC isnt my favourite instance but its pretty good. Professor Putricide, Dreamwalker, Sindragosa Lich King are all very well done fights imo (maybe not so much Sindra) and I enjoy doing them alot. To call it worst raid of this expansion when we have ToC is laughable.

And to answer the question, I actually enjoyed Naxx of WoTLK so SO much. I dont know why, maybe its because it was my first actual raid (joined beginning of Wrath), or I had so much fun in there with my old guild I dont know, but I love that place so much.

Ah come on... "Trial of the Crusader 0 (0%)" anyone? :P
    Theres no trash... except the instance itself hehe

I picked BWL but Ulduar, SWP and Karazhan come pretty close. In general I really liked all Vanilla instances.

Ulduar! In 25 player to be more specific. Was just amazing, and I didn't even experience all the Hard Modes or Algalon like I wished I would have. But the lore in there, the environment, and then The Decent when you went down to fight the General and Yogg.... Pure Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Deleted

to call it worst raid of this expansion when we have ToC is laughable.
    When did I say that? I said its one of the worst raids ever imo, but ToC is also one of the worst raids ever.

And no im not wiping on Marrowgar, ive cleared 10/12 25 HC, and I still find it shit. Heroic Mode is slightly more fun, but still not enough

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyBanana
    The people who enjoy ICC are the scrubs who either havnt (due to joining the game late) or didnt (because theyre shit) do previous raids.

SSC, TK, BT, MH, Ulduar, Naxx (if you done it at 80), Kara, SWP are ALL better than ICC by far in terms of interesting boss fights, nice zones, "atmosphere" inside the raid instance, lore, size, and motivational factors. Even difficulty... ICC25 Hard Modes are all easy apart from Putri, Sindra and LK, and even Putri and Sindra arent THAT hard. You cant call content hard cos ONE boss is hard (LK), it needs to be progressive, blizzard need to make bosses progressively hard throughout the whole instance, not just faceroll the first 11 then have the 12th a massive cockblock. Thats stupid.
    Turn off the buff you get and see how you faceoll that.
    Love people complaining about how easy it is but do have the 20% buff on, probally the same that bitched about Sunwell after the 30% nerf ....
    That is the mistake blizz made with ICC , that damn buff.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Naxx classic for me. To see 40 people dance with heigan was epic.

Voted Black temple

15+ Year Old Account

Done all raids, my favorite is Tempest Keep: The Eye. The utter chaos there and panic (e.g. solarian bomb) were awesome for me.
    And, Kael'Thas was one of my favorite chars in warcraft 3.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by asfrina
    Teron hard? When was this? It was a ludicrous tank/spank fight from the get go. Only slightly difficult for retards who cudnt learn to ghost.
    I'll admit it, we took a while to learn him. I was ok personally, but we had trouble with dispelling and we had a few problems with ghosts. Had to use a little simulator thing to learn it.

My guild always struggled with fights like Solarian, Bloodboil, Lurker and Teron more than we did things like RoS and Council because of the "one person messes up and you wipe" rule. We were always trialling people as we were going through TBC, had lots of different languages in our guild and often brought new players to the fights and so we got wiped at bosses like this a lot.

I liked Teron, he was one of my favorite bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus
    Turn off the buff you get and see how you faceoll that.
    Love people complaining about how easy it is but do have the 20% buff on, probally the same that bitched about Sunwell after the 30% nerf ....
    That is the mistake blizz made with ICC , that damn buff.
    I love people making this comparison as well when 99% of the raiding community that ever stepped inside BT/Sunwell did so AFTER the 30%!!!! nerf and the removal of attunements required .

SSC, TK, BT, MH, Ulduar, Naxx (if you done it at 80), Kara, SWP are ALL better than ICC by far in terms of interesting boss fights, nice zones, "atmosphere" inside the raid instance, lore, size, and motivational factors. Even difficulty...
    Loved TBC raids. Ulduar was great, and I think will win just because its more recent/some not experienced the old ones (as they were designed at level 70).

Wish Blizzard saw these threads... but I think they are knee deep trying to get something working for us this year....

Ulduar, hands down, followed by BT.
    People voting for something like ICC are weird, this instance is BORING, easy (10/12HC 25 right now, my guild is halfcasual, however it sounds like. And no, LK HC is not hard, it's overtuned), and repetitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Ulduar. Why? Because imo its the best looking instance in the game, it really never stops amazing me and you feel the atmosphere of epicness there. Also it has 3 of the most epic bossfights in game.
    1. Mimiron hardmode, my all-time personal favourite i know its not the hardest fight but god its epic
    2. Yogg zero, simply the hardest fight in wow, ofcourse discussable but if you look at facts its the hardest
    3. Algalon, gets the price for the best boss fight room ever. and the fight itself+lore is pretty epic as well.

Imo, if you haven't been to ulduar to experience all the epicness inside, you definetly missed out on some
    of the greatest experiences this game has to offer.

BWL. At least if they bring it back in Cataclysm, we`re gonna see a lot of fail and a lot of hard work on kills. To bad they don`t design that stuff anymore.
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

I think for its time the AQ small raid was by far the most interesting. It had a lot of new raid concepts and there were lots of quests that involved it. Sweet raid.

Karazhan and Ulduar they are the best and betwen that two i think Ulduar wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

Been playing since classic and for me there's no doubt... Ulduar.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

10+ Year Old Account

I love people making this comparison as well when 99% of the raiding community that ever stepped inside BT/Sunwell did so AFTER the 30%!!!! nerf and the removal of attunements required .
    Yep the 30% buff seems like a nerf to some people but they always nerfed content, just did it a different way.

In TBC and a lot of Wotlk, you would have Ensidia/Sk gaming make the first kill. Sometimes they couldn't because it was bugged, and there would be a nerf. Or if they did, they'd let a few other guilds kill it, then it would be nerfed.

You'd then have the top 300-500 guilds kill version 2, and it would be nerfed again. Then once it was being farmed or mostly farmed by all serious raiding guilds they just made it faceroll and let anyone in, removed attunements etc etc.

Personally, if you didn't kill Vashj or Kael, you were only in BT because Blizz wanted you to see the content. Anything you did there was meaningless, because it was twice as easy as it was when others were doing it.

I love the fact that the only thing you have contributed to in this thread is complaining about peoples' choices. Let them have their own opinions and memories, no need for you to try to be cool on the internet.

I voted for Kara, raided it with IRL friends so my best raid memories comes from there
    Quote Originally Posted by Citygrl22
    I could replace my hit trink with my greatness card but I'd kinda hate to lose the gs

One said Voa, lol.
    Personally, Ulduar for me. It's a shame i never finished it due to the release of ToC. Maybe i'll go back and finsih it one day...