Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: "We had it all along * cough *"

i've done it..... twice

This was one of those achievements I thought I'd never get out of a premade, along with achievements like Defense of the Ancients. Fortunately (and most likely through sheer luck) I managed to get them whilst doing random battlegrounds.

Just goes to show that these things can be done without any organisation beforehand, but it only really happens once in a blue moon.

10+ Year Old Account

i've done it and was just a case... lool
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noldi
    On my main I have gotten 1600-1580
    ahh I hear you on that one.. happened to me a few weeks back. what a piss off
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

Accidentally got it on 2 alts. Not on main. ARGH!

And yeah, it's one of those retarded achieves that are based on luck, position of moon, etc.
    Probably can be made in a good-managed premade... provided the other side is full of savage/deadly gladiators.

Got it on my first AB with achievements out...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2192
    Probably impossible without a premade, it's way too easy to kill the tanks.

Nah I got that one pretty easily. Just completely zerged the Alliance and broke the chamber with about 200 health left on my demo :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman
    Correct me if I'm Wrong, but isnt this the most retarded BG Achiev.
    I mean I aint got that close to Battlemaster yet but im pretty sure thats gonna be the last one I'll have to get. I've heard of people taking years to get this and I thought Battlemaster would be about skill or BG awareness rather than I duno... Luck!?
    ive never done a premade and i have had 3 we had it all along, swap u one for resilient victory!
    LAST
    FUCKING
    ACHIEVMENT

Got it done in a PuG by pure luck. I would be surprised if it happened again but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    Already got mine, you just need to be lucky. Just play a lot of AB and you'll get it eventually.
    I'm missing two achievements for the Battlemaster title and I think they are much harder, if not impossible:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2192
    Probably impossible without a premade, it's way too easy to kill the tanks.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=213
    FIVE? What? No idea how you're supposed to do this. In most of the games the enemy doesn't even pick up the flag that many times, not to mention that you'll rarely be able to kill the flag carrier because he is always heavily protected.

I wouldnt say the "just play AB" works really. Im exalted with 2 chars, revered with 2 ..and havent seen the close kill yet. It is pure luck.
    The other 2 you pointed out are easilly doable. Stormtrooper was prolly a bit harder, but you know ..you dont need to be the guy tho kills efc. You just need to have him tagged, or just near him. So just gotta face a team that is really going for flags and its easy.
    If you premade, its prolly the easiest achiev ever to force it. Just carry the flag to theyr graveyard and drop it there when they spawn(you have to leave em 1 base, so they dont spawn up the mountain). There is always someone, who picks it up.

Not losing any tanks is easy aswell. Just need to defend first, and not let em cap. That increases the chances a lot. The opponents can just not defend when its theyr turn, since they failed to assault already and just want to get over with it.
    I doubt it will take more than 10-15 try's if you're really going for it.

Took me 130 wins to get it, still missing Resilient Victory

Deleted

This AB weekend I decided to farm for the achievement as I wanted to get AB exalted also, I'm missing like 6k rep atm. I lost 2 AB:s with 1590 - 1600 scored and we just decided to go alliance side and spam trade for premade and made premade on horde side also and just que'd up and traded the achievement. Got my Battlemaster finally at least :]

Battlemaster... where no PvP is involved.... but RNG! or pure luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

I thought The resilient victory was hard ....

I just got that achieve about a 1 hour ago on my level 73 alt warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Stero%C3%ACds
    pretty funny since I was afk most of the time working

It's a tough achievement to get, no doubt, but I certainly don't think it's the hardest or even the one most dependent on luck.

I've found Ironman to be a complete b*tch on my hunter, while on a druid (for example) I got it in scrub gear at level 17 (my first BG on that char). This one seems to be heavily dependent on the class you're playing (unless you do premades, which I don't). I won't even try this on my warlock.

Also, my rogue completed all the AV achievements in no time (waaay before she hit 80), all except for getting that stupid friggin' autographed pic. Now that *is* sheer luck.

You will really learn to hate that achievement if your bg ends 1580:1600 for you . . . . . <insert rage pic>
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

NERF RESILIENT VICTORY PLZ

armory in sig see if u can figure out why