Gearing for blood dps

ok, so low an behold im trying blood dps from blood tanking, maybe unholy im not too sure. i dont have any gear except for a bryntroll i could use for a weapon. so i know on my ele sham that a piece with crit, haste, and sp beats out higher tiers with mp5, but what would the conversion be for a dk? clearly no point in picking up a higher tier with hit if your capped, same with expertise. but does ArPen and Crit at lower tiers beat haste and crit in higher tiers? thanks in advance, and i have off spec rolls on most icc10, and soon some hicc10 dps gear

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gearing for blood dps

Afaik, hitcap, expertisecap, gogo ArPen to 100% (possibly with a proc), then stack strength. There are no stats like spirit or mp5 on melee plate, it's all strength, haste, crit and ArPen. Unlikely you will reach crit cap as a DK, but I wouldn't gem for it as blood. Haste is a lackluster stat for DK's still, as a lower percentage of our damage comes from white strikes (Unless you're frost).

TL;DR: Stack ArPen to 100%, then stack strength.

Edit: Oh right, almost forgot: Then stop using Blood DPS because it's going away in Cata. Better learn Unholy now.

If you aren't 264-277 geared don't even bother with blood. Seriously, don't bother. If you're good at both blood and unholy, unholy will surpass blood by miles.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

ok lmao, your right, so which stats should i look for as unholy, always gemming for str, unless a yellow has a 4 str bonus correct? (10 str and 10 crit/haste?) but other than that, anything diff, or is it still ArPen all the way?

Quote Originally Posted by princeofret
    ok lmao, your right, so which stats should i look for as unholy, always gemming for str, unless a yellow has a 4 str bonus correct? (10 str and 10 crit/haste?) but other than that, anything diff, or is it still ArPen all the way?
    Unholy uses ArP the least of our three specs. Strength and Strength/Haste gems all the way.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

you mean unholy ?
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by princeofret
    Don't gem armor penetration as blood until you can get to 1260.