Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Kingslayer? Embarrassing title?

the Insane solves.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    If people put as much effort and enthusiasm into real life as they do trying to "up one" over another player in this game... imagine how "really leet" they could be in their jobs, relationships and family?

Use to be the titles "Employee", "Husband", "Wife", "Parent", "Son", "Daughter" meant something.

And remember.. an Elitist isn't better than anyone else.. he just WANTS to be.. soooo badly. And resorting to doing it in a game? lawlz...
    You can combine your real life with late night raiding perfectly, you're seeing black and white too much.

10+ Year Old Account

Scout is fine in my name. Short, good and oldschool, shows that I've been around (not pvp wise though at first

I might also use Challenger, since it's a fairly uncommon title - or none at all. Too many titles these days.
    - Hello mr. Ihealppltodeath, Champion of the Frozen Wastes.
    - Hi, Bruttonationalprodukt the Kingslayer, how are you today?

RONG WHIT DOG!

Deleted

Also, to toss in my two cents ontopic:

I got it with the 15% buff. I use it, not to brag about a buff-assisted normal mode kill, but because I like the title and has nothing more cool looking to put on until I finish grinding my "Guardian of Cenarius". I know real hardcore raiders are beyond caring about being special from their titles, and that anyone who does probably isn't as much "hardcore" as "wannabe with 4/12 10H who can't admit to being casual, and therefore tries to separate himself from other players".

For the record I'm 4/12 10H, and casual.

Have it active on my alt. It's just an alt, noone cares. Not using any title on my main. Never been a fan of titles in general, and I don't have any special titles. Light of the dawn is basically free for all anyway, all guilds should kill LK25hc with the 20% buff unless they are really bad

Deleted

After 10% buff I see the title the same way I see Jenkins. People who were unable to kill him at least on 10man normal before buffs should be embarassed and most importantly shouldnt get the title at all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hanzhe
    Light of the dawn is basically free for all anyway, all guilds should kill LK25hc with the 20% buff unless they are really bad
    So any guild that's ranked 109 in the world or below is bad?
    There are currently (according to Wowprogress) 108 that have done LK 25 hc, and over 4000 that are stuck on 11/12. I think it's fair to say that it's not really a free for all.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Personally atm im using Herald of the titans, as its slightly rarer, other than that i generally use what i feel like using.

JENKINS BROS WHO'S WITH ME
    ALL THE SINGLE LADIES
    ALL THE SINGLE LADIES

oh no it's common, must ditch something that i like and looks good in order to still be cool...

no just no, what the OP here is getting is what my server commonly refers to as spectral horse syndrome, someone likes something, no loves something and are proud of it until it becomes popular/common. from that point on it's crap, it's useless, it's a waste of time, it's something for the casuals and retards.

remember it's not Aion, titles dont give you stats or buffs, they just sound good and kingslayer does sound damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_
    Casulols.

I would be embarrassed to be like the average chum. But that's why I sported Death's Demise.
    The thing is casuals dont even know what that means. They probably wouldnt look twice at it because they have no idea. Why would anyone be embarrassed by a title? Oh god cause someone else got it 4 months later? who cares, you guys are idiots.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

I'll use my starcaller untill I get either Light of dawn or Bane of the fallen king. I got starcaller when it was THE shit in 10man progress, So I'm proud of it, Also it sounds awsome.
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Hardcore guilds died out in Vanilla get over it,Casual player base = $$$ for blizzard
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Regicide would sound more awesome than Kingslayer...

10+ Year Old Account

I will always use the Jenkins title on my druid. Even over starcaller. I was never good enough to have the Insane or Death's Demise but I don't think I'd use them anyway.

People actually started calling me VJ back in the day because I'd become so notorious for having the title on no matter what.

(Slightly more on topic, I do think it's embarassing. It sorta feels like it would if one day Blizzard mailed every plate melee a Shadow's edge all gemmed and enchated up. It's already pretty common now, but then EVERYONE would have it and there'd be absolutely no appeal to it)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't say its embarrassing, but then again I use Scarab Lord.

It's nice to know that no matter how progressed whatever guild I'm in as at currently, I'll always be better than everyone else on the server.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I love how people think that it is a lesser title now just because "casuals" have it. Has it occurred to anyone yet that these so called "casuals" are actually quite good at the game since they managed to down a boss and not spend all their time slobbing out in front of a monitor?
    Sigh, I remember the days where it was the hardcores that got slagged off for spending all their time on the game, how things have changed...
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

10+ Year Old Account

I always sport the newest title i get. For awhile it was the Kingslayer, now im sporting Starcalller. If i get a new one b4 the hc lk ones ill sport that.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Because Blizzard allowed Scarab Lord to be acquired when new realms were opened, it is impossible to distinguish between who actually got it in vanilla and who got it on a new realm.

That's why i now think of the title as "Scrub Lord" - acquired by new players who were desperate enough to realm change just to get the title.

And that's exactly how you come across - desperate to prove your superiority over everyone else.
    I know when I got it, that's enough for me. If some nobody on the forums gets upset, I'm fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Winrar
    Part of "being better" than others is being able to associate with the correct (and talented) people to get the job done (get the title).
    In a status hierarchy it doesn't matter how you got there, if you're there then you're better than the people below you. Sure, they may not be better at the game than you, if you're some closet wow-genius, but their status is higher. By the same token, there may be people who COULD get the title, just have no incentive or no time to attain it, but I'm still better than them because I have it and they don't, whether I had the schedule, friends, or the time to do it.
    In short, what quoted poster is probably saying is that only realized potential matters.

..can't really argue with that tbh.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>