Poll: are you embarrassed to use Kingslayer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol kids these days, they care what other ppl think of them in an fantasy world.

TOO SOON! YOU HAVE AWAKENED THIS THREAD TOO SOON!

Seriously, let it die, plz :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

I wear Immortal or Undying

I don't have it and I don't care. Killing a bad guy that has been turned from someone awesome in Warcraft 3 to the pansy ass whiny little boy we got in Wrath.... yeah i'm happy knowing that I didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Don't need to interact with them to see the sea of "Somedude the Kingslayer" afk'ing in Dalaran.

Hell, all my 80 alts have it too, and those were in PuGs.

In order to accurately measure such a statistic, we'd need to see only the people eligible for the title, aka level 80s, on any given server. From there we can get percentages and then averages between servers. I'm not sure of a particularly efficient way to do it, but I assure you that even on a low populated server the percentage of level 80 characters with the title Kingslayer by now would definitely be above 10%.
    Roughly 50,000 guilds have killed the LK on 10 and 25 man giving you under a million people with the title, and that's being strict with numbers across 10 and 25 man and counting 10 people for 10 mans and 25 people for 25 man.
    (10*40,000)+25*10,000)=650,000

So it's not even 10%, granted servers differentiate, but overall the average is definitely below 10%.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    I don't have it and I don't care. Killing a bad guy that has been turned from someone awesome in Warcraft 3 to the pansy ass whiny little boy we got in Wrath.... yeah i'm happy knowing that I didn't bother.
    You sound bitter. I would be too if I couldn't kill Arthas.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 03:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Roughly 50,000 guilds have killed the LK on 10 and 25 man giving you under a million people with the title, and that's being strict with numbers across 10 and 25 man and counting 10 people for 10 mans and 25 people for 25 man.
    (10*40,000)+25*10,000)=650,000

So it's not even 10%, granted servers differentiate, but overall the average is definitely below 10%.
    Guilds? I only got one of my five kingslayers in a guild run.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    You sound bitter. I would be too if I couldn't kill Arthas.

---------- Post added 2010-11-02 at 03:26 AM ----------

Guilds? I only got one of my five kingslayers in a guild run.
    Ok... and the average pug doesn't make it to kingslayer. I mentioned not being completely accurate due to strictly only counting 10 people for 10 man and 25 people for 25 man, but even if you guesstimate that additional people got it with those guilds and pugs as well it's most likely less than a million overall players who have the title.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's certainly not unique but I wouldn't call it embarassing. If someone likes the title, why should they be embarassed to use it?

That said I don't use the title myself, I kind of like having a title on show that you don't see a lot (Even if lots of people might have it. Crusader for example, rarely see it but surely there's loads of people with it.)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Ok... and the average pug doesn't make it to kingslayer. I mentioned not being completely accurate due to strictly only counting 10 people for 10 man and 25 people for 25 man, but even if you guesstimate that additional people got it with those guilds and pugs as well it's most likely less than a million overall players who have the title.
    The average pug doesn't make it to kingslayer because EVERYONE already has the title so you have to spend all week trying to find a group willing to down that easymode boss.

The average pug doesn't make it to kingslayer because EVERYONE already has the title so you have to spend all week trying to find a group willing to down that easymode boss.
    Right...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I don't know what your realm is like, but on Blackrock everyone has that title.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sound jealous Psilo, broham

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine when it was still rare on my server... Soon after it became extremely common so I went and got "Battlemaster" and will never take that one off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Kingslayer (and not embarrassed by it), but I like using Chef instead. : )

"Return the blade...complete the circle...release me from this PRISON!"
    Thank you Geekissexy for the sig!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna dig up an old post to cause controversy too.

Why is this not locked yet?

I'm still on 11/12 since I don't raid often at all, and I've just kept leveling characters... I don't think I'd use it anyways just because I don't like it, if that makes sense. My hunter's name is Psyke, so I sport my good ol' Sergeant title, sounds cool when said out loud. For that reason my 2nd favorite is still Starcaller from 10Algalon, also probably because it is a little more difficult to get than LK title with the 30% buff (debatable, but Algalon as a fight is pretty difficult, and I'd assume Algalon when Uld was highest was harder than LK before the high % buffs. Could be wrong, but as I said, assuming.)

-Psyke
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

Sound jealous Psilo, broham
    *rolls eyes*

lol...
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom View Post
    I'm still on 11/12 since I don't raid often at all, and I've just kept leveling characters... I don't think I'd use it anyways just because I don't like it, if that makes sense. My hunter's name is Psyke, so I sport my good ol' Sergeant title, sounds cool when said out loud. For that reason my 2nd favorite is still Starcaller from 10Algalon, also probably because it is a little more difficult to get than LK title with the 30% buff (debatable, but Algalon as a fight is pretty difficult, and I'd assume Algalon when Uld was highest was harder than LK before the high % buffs. Could be wrong, but as I said, assuming.)

-Psyke
    Algalon is faceroll now. Definitely way easier than LK, which is already a pretty easy fight.

On my server alliance side, it is not a common title yet.

Hardly to something to be "embarrassed" by - it's a title in a game, hardly serious business. I wear Bloodsail Admiral because it's a fun title and I like the ring of it, others might prefer their Kingslayer, Battlemaster or Jenkins. Why would you be embarrassed by a title?!