Poll: Should paladins get a silence/interrupt (know there's one coming in cataclysm)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Any ret paladins tired of not being able to cc?

in arena you can use Seal of Justice and watch healers cry if you time your HoJ with it
    also i think repentance is meant to be our "gap closer"

Off topic (and possibly a little QQ): I am likely to quit the game come cata and the pally interrupt. That will give EVERY melee a way to stop casters. Kick, mind freeze, charge/intercept, pummle, wind sheer, + whatever rets will get, and all of these are around 10 sec cd's. ( I guess ferals still SOL). I do play both melee and caster pve and pvp. Mainly on my lock, resto druid, and h pally, but I also play enhancement in beast cleave, and a rogue in mage/rogue.

I've asked this question 100x, how would you feel (as a melee) if you were disarmed for 5 seconds every 10?

Quote Originally Posted by evan467
    also i think repentance is meant to be our "gap closer"
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by evan467
    in arena you can use Seal of Justice
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

@post above me: you can fakecast dammit, we can't do anything. And since melees have their interrupts on short range, I think you can think of more than one way to get distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tferr
    Paladins are excellent tanks, healers and dps. They have probably the widest array of buffs for a party. They have by far the best class for soloing. They are one of the best pvp classes. They have one of the most powerful abilities in wow (bubble), they have a stun on a relatively short CD. A ranged incapacitation effect. A buff that makes them immune to movement impairing effects and even stuns if talented!
    Paladins are, despite the community not wanting to accept it, the class that is best at being amazing at many things.

And you are whining about not having a spammable CC? How do you think, for example, a warrior has it? A warrior lacks any kind of CC in the meaning of 'it'll stand over there and not move'.

Oh! But hey! Let's give paladins some CC! Or wait, let's not! Instead, let's give every ability to every class so that there will be a total balance! And let's remove character models and racials and have everyone be grey mobs of goo so that noone will have any kind of advantage!

You are stupid.

This.

Honestly you just need to try another class. Paladins are a lot of things, however it seems you want everything else too. Warriors have everything you said you want except they can't heal themselves or sac their partner.

Seals are amazing, hands are amazing, instant flash heals when needed and excellent burst damage. If this is not what you want play another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Everafter
    No.Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

@post above me: you can fakecast dammit, we can't do anything. And since melees have their interrupts on short range, I think you can think of more than one way to get distance.
    ok so I fake cast, and the interrupt is on cd... now all you do is wait till the spell has .1 sec left and run through me... a lot of skill there. And for every way a caster has to get distance on melee, they have 2 ways to close the gap (with the exception of frost mages).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu
    Belfs have arcane torrent, there ya go.
    2 min cd... yeahhh thts mmm good.. no

We need an interupt. atleast itll give a chance to kill Shamans or priests.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman
    2 min cd... yeahhh thts mmm good.. no

We need an interupt. atleast itll give a chance to kill Shamans or priests.
    And h pallys, locks, balance druids (even more than now)...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    Off topic (and possibly a little QQ): I am likely to quit the game come cata and the pally interrupt. That will give EVERY melee a way to stop casters. Kick, mind freeze, charge/intercept, pummle, wind sheer, + whatever rets will get, and all of these are around 10 sec cd's. ( I guess ferals still SOL). I do play both melee and caster pve and pvp. Mainly on my lock, resto druid, and h pally, but I also play enhancement in beast cleave, and a rogue in mage/rogue.

I've asked this question 100x, how would you feel (as a melee) if you were disarmed for 5 seconds every 10?
    So we have to be the one spec that every caster can shit on because they get shat on enough by other melee? No, sorry doesn't work that way. Basic tools are required to be effective, relying on an ally to do essential things doesn't count
    Seals are amazing, hands are amazing, instant flash heals when needed and excellent burst damage. If this is not what you want play another class.
    What spec is this? I've browsed all 3 specs and i can't find this one

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    ok so I fake cast, and the interrupt is on cd... now all you do is wait till the spell has .1 sec left and run through me... a lot of skill there. And for every way a caster has to get distance on melee, they have 2 ways to close the gap (with the exception of frost mages).
    If you are playing against someone with the connection to support stopping your cast by running through you with .1 seconds left on it, I pity you... I truly do. However, this is hardly realistic. On my warrior I have sat behind druids for the full duration of the cyclone cast and am still hit by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol

what's your suggestion?

Retri Wind Sear. Not a Pummel. Kiters pwn us.
    <Name>
    Blah% Mana 35 Range
    Disarms the target's weapons, shields and other equipment forcing them to drop them for 4 seconds. Bubi hunters.

Processor (CPU) - Intel Corei7 Six Core Processor i7-6850K (3.6GHz) 15MB Cache
    Memory (RAM) - 32GB HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3200MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card (Dual) - 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR
    Storage Drives - 1440GB HyperXSAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR|530MB/sW)
    8TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5900RPM, 64MB CACHE

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

No single dps can kill any of the Pvp healing specs by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Go prot and enjoy the op spec. Or cry me a river
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

i wish retards would read, pretty sure youre getting one in cataclysm

so stfu and stop the qq

Paladins are excellent tanks, healers and dps. They have probably the widest array of buffs for a party. They have by far the best class for soloing. They are one of the best pvp classes. They have one of the most powerful abilities in wow (bubble), they have a stun on a relatively short CD. A ranged incapacitation effect. A buff that makes them immune to movement impairing effects and even stuns if talented!
    Paladins are, despite the community not wanting to accept it, the class that is best at being amazing at many things.

And you are whining about not having a spammable CC? How do you think, for example, a warrior has it? A warrior lacks any kind of CC in the meaning of 'it'll stand over there and not move'.

Oh! But hey! Let's give paladins some CC! Or wait, let's not! Instead, let's give every ability to every class so that there will be a total balance! And let's remove character models and racials and have everyone be grey mobs of goo so that noone will have any kind of advantage!

You are stupid.
    He's talking about retribution paladins not paladins in general, and unless you're a bad PvPer, you'd know retribution is one of the weakest PvP speccs atm (not holy priest weak, but it's not much better)

You are stupid.
    You are the harbringer of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

You picked the class to play either knowing what is in store for you or you didn't.

If its the former, then shame on you for leveling all the way to 80 knowing that at that cap we have no MS, no snare, non-belf no interrupts.

If it is the latter, what can I say. Re-roll mage/rogue/druid/what ever and quit your complaining.

Someone on the first page said that we're not supposed to be "1 man army killing machines." And I agree with that statement. We get our divine shield, 100% immunity for 8 seconds. At most, it prevents death so that can win you the duel/match/round. Yes, it can be dispell. Bo-ho. Yes, out damage out put isn't as high as other physical classes, but they don't have 100% immunity with the ability to heal themselves up.

So either quit your qq'ing and go back to your facerolling, or reroll altogether and go gank some ret paladins.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

You are stupid.
    I stopped reading your post seriously when you said we were the best class for soloing. That statement in itself shows you don't know anything about the class. Blood Death Knights are much better at soloing than a Paladin of any sort, including Prot.

Oh, and Bubble really isn't that great...it can be removed, you know.
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

Spec Prot and quit the QQ.

Prot pallies do so much damage right now it's pointless to be ret. A ranged slowing Silence? Take almost 0 damage. Never run oom.

My full wrathful rogue got rofl stomped by a prot pally. Evasion is useless and as soon as cloak is down he dies within 5 seconds from a prot pally. Most the time we play prot pallies they don't even worry about bubbling, they roll in full pve gear at 45k+ hp and pop wings pretty much out of the gates.

Since when were you supposed to be able to solo a healer 1-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph
    Since when were you supposed to be able to solo a healer 1-1?
    Exactly.

Paladin is my main, and i agree we should get more utilities, most of the time we have most "useful" cooldowns up and no stuff to do meanwhile besides dpsing or healing, i feel paladin has some abilities that you could regard as Overpowered applied to other classes, but they aren't just by that fact that paladin is resumed to those few overpowered tools like shield, Hand of freedom and so on.
    Paladins have long cooldowns on most usefull stuff, all varying from 1 to 5 mins, and little can a paladin do after he spent those. A paladin forced to shield, will certainly die after it. It's not like divine shield is a "2nd life" cd, but more of a ohshit button to use on some dangerous or unpredictable situations. Most classes have abilities to prevent the adversary from hitting us or killing us, and so do we in a different way

An interrupt on a long cooldown, i feel it could fill some gaps on paladin utilities and allow them to keep some pressure and "fear" from casters.

But i think a melee dpser should never be able to kill a healer on 1v1. For casters healer can use LoS and some other stuff, but for melee, a healer can't do much but to overheal and try to run from them.