Page 3 of 404 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Draenei Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tiomato
    This has pretty much turned into a Draenei Female Appreciation thread, and I think that's a large part of the reason people hate them. A lot of people play as Draenei, and most of them are female, so you tend to see a -lot- of them.
    Am I the only person that finds it a bit silly to hate a fictional character/race/faction/whatever simply because it's popular?

Think about it. If it wasn't for twilight, everybody would be excited about the Worgen. But now all werewolves suck big time simply because of the way they were depicted in some substandard teenage girl fantasy novels that got popular. So now the entire Worgen race, from their aesthetics to their lore, somehow suck because some vapid teenagers are going to name their characters after Jacob Black.

EDIT: And yes, there are furries who are going to roll worgen to get their jollies, but my point applies to them just as much as it does the twilight fangilrls.

There's also the Lore reasons that people talk about (That I don't know about in terms of specifics).
    A single line in the WarCraft 3 Manuel stated that the Eredar corrupted Sargeras. This fact was never brought up in Warcraft 3 itself and was entirely inconsequential to that games story.

Personally, I feel that people are overreacting. Don't get me wrong, Metzen did fuck up, but it's hardly the worst retcon ever. And the reality is, the dreanei are here now. Blizzard can either sweep them under the rug and ignore them, or they can actually do something with them, give them depth, and make them awesome. And if some uptight, uber hardcore lore nerd has a problem with it, then they can fuck off.

Honestly, the Warcraft franchise has never been consistent and expecting that to ever change is utterly futile.

10+ Year Old Account

seem like the only succesful thing about draenei's are their females.

all the work blizz put in them when they could just have done female night elf shaman/paladins as the TBC "race"
    what a fucking joke

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Draenei are one of the coolest races
    Mad props to them

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Draenei rock and our faction leader is the coolest ;D
    QFT.

And because quoting and QFT alone is not really allowed, I will use the following sentence to explain how awesome Draenei are:
    They are awesome.

I rest my case.
    Dawwwwwww

Eh, Velen is ok, but he's seemed kind of disconnected (dare I say irrelevant) since the Sunwell event.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Warcraft 2 manual also states that the draenei were native to outworld and that they where some race of giants, who was killed by the rising of the orcs on their world. It gives a total different view on draeneis and giving no clues on naruu Draenei or whatso ever.

I think that the story of the draenei feels too constructed and not natural. I also didn' like the futuristic looks on everything in BC it really did not fit in the more medival fantasy based warcraft. I also would have let elves become part of the alliance and sent the draenei to the hord, something like old ties with the horde and blood brothership and what not ...

Quote Originally Posted by HolyNoz
    Warcraft 2 manual also states that the draenei were native to outworld and that they where some race of giants, who was killed by the rising of the orcs on their world. It gives a total different view on draeneis and giving no clues on naruu Draenei or whatso ever.

I think that the story of the draenei feels too constructed and not natural. I also didn' like the futuristic looks on everything in BC it really did not fit in the more medival fantasy based warcraft. I also would have let elves become part of the alliance and sent the draenei to the hord, something like old ties with the horde and blood brothership and what not ...

Well that's not weird at all. At that point probably even Metzen hadn't decided that the Eredar were going to turn into Draenei. They were totally retconned. Oh well, doesn't bother me too much tbh.

People who like lore and sausage shouldn't watch them being made. xD
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Almost all of my toons are female Draenei.

They are named Ihastail, Tailwaggle, Tailswipe, and Tailwhip. Also, I have a bear/kitty drood named Chasingtail (she's a Draenei at heart).

Tails are fantastic. I love my tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    Almost all of my toons are female Draenei.

They are named Ihastail, Tailwaggle, Tailswipe, and Tailwhip. Also, I have a bear/kitty drood named Chasingtail (she's a Draenei at heart).

Tails are fantastic. I love my tails.
    I love tail...

I mean...here.. a poem..

Damn my genes.
    I have no tail.
    Still I must swing.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Draenei are my favorite race in the game. They are tall, interesting to look at, and something about the way they talk makes them endearing to me.

"Look at my hoof! Does this crack look infected to you?"

Its still early to tell, but worgen might be a good contender though. I think what they've shown so far looks great.

I like where this thread is going...

10+ Year Old Account

Oh man the male Draenei are so hawt and strong looking.
    Can't even type that and make it sound believable.
    P.S. Waggle.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Eh, Velen is ok, but he's seemed kind of disconnected (dare I say irrelevant) since the Sunwell event.
    He was sorta disconnected since like forever(even in the books) must be the crystals...or the drugs...or maybe because he's too old, but the question is who cares? Wrynn is enough chin for the whole Alliance!

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

SPACEGAWT PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlockspell
    This is why Draenei are the best race:
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5737/wowfemale.jpg
    Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Robchard
    Oh dear
    You mean 'Oh goat'...jk.

OT: Don't you love Koreans?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz
    Give Draenei something new, some zone or some area in a zone. That's all I ask!

Here's more to appriciate.
    MOAR NAO, PLEEZE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavok the Mad
    Am I the only person that finds it a bit silly to hate a fictional character/race/faction/whatever simply because it's popular?

Think about it. If it wasn't for twilight, everybody would be excited about the Worgen. But now all werewolves suck big time simply because of the way they were depicted in some substandard teenage girl fantasy novels that got popular. So now the entire Worgen race, from their aesthetics to their lore, somehow suck because some vapid teenagers are going to name their characters after Jacob Black.

EDIT: And yes, there are furries who are going to roll worgen to get their jollies, but my point applies to them just as much as it does the twilight fangilrls.
    A single line in the WarCraft 3 Manuel stated that the Eredar corrupted Sargeras. This fact was never brought up in Warcraft 3 itself and was entirely inconsequential to that games story.

Personally, I feel that people are overreacting. Don't get me wrong, Metzen did fuck up, but it's hardly the worst retcon ever. And the reality is, the dreanei are here now. Blizzard can either sweep them under the rug and ignore them, or they can actually do something with them, give them depth, and make them awesome. And if some uptight, uber hardcore lore nerd has a problem with it, then they can fuck off.

Honestly, the Warcraft franchise has never been consistent and expecting that to ever change is utterly futile.

only loser nerds hate popular things. unfortunatly this applies to many wow players.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soldrethar

only loser nerds hate popular things. unfortunatly this applies to many wow players.
    WoW = a populair thing.
    See your flaw?

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    MOAR NAO, PLEEZE!
    Control yourself man!
    Its only a very awesome and hot and.....
    Damn....
    Alright, nevermind, carry on.
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soldrethar

I could say something, but its rather offensive and would probably warrant a ban.
    So I'll just say waggle again.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.