Deleted

How much more health is needed to achieve balance?

The MLG Tournament is showing quite a diverse variety of team-setups. I'd even dare say that this Tournament has the widest selection of classes and speccs ever.

So in a way, Arena balance is actually quite good.

However, almost every arena player will agree that damage (and healing) is currently to high. While expert players in TR conditions are generally quite adept at surviving damage the situation is more extreme on live servers (partially due to the heroic gear available). Forum QQ tells the same story as every class has people complaining about too high damage output (Warriors, Hunters, Shamans, Priests, Warlocks, Mages, Paladins, Druid)

Now with players in current Arena gear ranging somewhere from 26000 HP to 31000 HP, how much more HP would be needed to balance things out?

Is a small boost of 10% sufficient? Or do we need a bigger boost of at least 30% more HP or even more?

In my opinion things would be a lot more pleasant if people had around 8000 more HP, ergo with Heath Pools ranging from around 35k-40k.

Re: How much more health is needed to achieve balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    The MLG Tournament is showing quite a diverse variety of team-setups.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Deleted

I would love to see any healer get killed if he heals for 20k and has 40k hp himself.

but all in all - NO

Agreeing with Gungbroh

The mixture is way more diverse than 14 rmps or 14 wlds like past tournaments.

Comps played so far in this tournament:
    priest/druid/rogue
    rogue/mage/priest
    shaman/priest/druid
    hunter/paladin/shaman
    warlock/warrior/druid
    mage/warlock/priest
    mage/warlock/druid
    mage/warlock/shaman
    deathknight/rogue/priest
    rogue/warlock/shaman
    warlock/protretpaladin/druid

Skill-based foundations are also obviously showing in this tournament, because while many american teams have abandoned rmp, the korean team is obviously dominating everyone with this team setup.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm honestly not sure what the previous posters are on. The OP is correct, this is the most diverse tournament that has ever taken place in terms of team comp. In previous tournaments you would see main PMR/WLD rosters with the ability to swap one player possibly, but that was pretty much it. But anyways, that's not even what the thread is about, it's about health pools. My personal opinion is that if health pools are doubled and damage is increased by about 1.5x it would balance it pretty well.

this will happen in cataclysm where we "will be able to survive 3-4 hits without needing a big heal"
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe
    The MLG Tournament is showing quite a diverse variety of team-setups. I'd even dare say that this Tournament has the widest selection of classes and speccs ever.
    Rogue Lock Shaman - pretty much 75% of the teams
    Professional 'Orcer'

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk
    We're complaining about a guy ripping off a site that's ripping people off to get access to info about ripping off players in wow?
    The irony on this one is amazing.

by diverse do you mean all shadow cleave?

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND!!!
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

i've kind of wondered about how much life they were going to be adding via gear. With rated BG's coming through and the possibility of the coordinated burst of 5-7 DPS (in WSG), you're going to need much, much bigger health pools...or drastically cut DPS/healing output.

Warriors are already on about 38k unbuffed

Mages as low as 26-27k wil full pvp gear, with not many use

Cataclysm comes, everyone should have about the same hp = easier to balance

If an hp-increase (survivability bonus) was implemented, players would simply switch out pvp pieces for pve pieces to make up for the lost dps, and still have the hp to survive. Ultimately, the hp increase would have no effect on actual pvp, and just make pvpers more reliant on raiding. Right now many people, regardless of class, wear pve pieces because they have enough hp/survivability to sacrifice some.

Also, if HP is raised really high, and damage were lowered, pvp would be based really on just grinding someone down until a team went oom. Right now, even in the MLG games, you can see that teams coordinate their CC to get a kill. If survivability went super high and people died super slow, there would be no need for coordination because no one would die in the coordinated burst. It would just be "dps this guy until a team goes oom because we're not going to be able to burst him".

TLDR: If hp were raised a little bit, everyone would just use the hp to drop pvp gear for more pve pieces. If hp were raised a lot, coordination would be unnecessary, and pvp would just be about slowly grinding a person down until the healer is oom.

People who posted after I listed all the different comps being played (one person said every team was rogue/lock/shaman while another person right after said every team was deathknight/warlock/healer) need to actually check scoreboards.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Deathknights? Rogues?
    If you're gonna list classes, list all of them instead of hand-picking the ones you hate.
    I left them out because there really aren't that many players complaining about their high damage output at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Garrosh Hellscream
    Rogue Lock Shaman - pretty much 75% of the teams
    3 out of 14 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by magicdevil09
    Warriors are already on about 38k unbuffed

Mages as low as 26-27k wil full pvp gear, with not many use

Cataclysm comes, everyone should have about the same hp = easier to balance
    warriors in BiS gear have 34k, mages 24k
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Given the current damage output of most classes I would say roughly another 15-30k health.

Of course I am of the opinion that a 1vs1 battle should last a minimum of 30 seconds with both people blowing all cooldowns and no healing involved.
    Or a person should live roughly 15 seconds in arena "unhealed" when being attacked by 2 members of the opposing team or 23-25 seconds if being healed.