Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: BQL Biting, How?

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    It's the person right after the off-tank/Blood Mirror'd secondary-target that gets the bite.
    I've observed this on my last ICC raid. At the time of the bite, Omen looked like:

MT
    Imba DPS
    OT (Blood Mirror)
    Not so Imba DPS

Not so Imba DPS got it.

Since it was a pug, we didn't have time for any kind of scientific theorize-and-test cycle, but this is what happened.

I'm sticking with this theory until I have proof it doesn't work.

Next time I'm there with my tank, I'll be OT, slack a lot (be low on threat meter) and see who gets it.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by yotsuya
    I have gotten it a few times as a healer :s
    Don't do anything to the tanks for the first 5 seconds. No Riptides, no ES, no thing. Get them to pop a CD as they run in. If the tank has any hots or anything on them when they run in the healer will get the bite, just the say it works/bugs. We've had our Druids/Priests get it a few times because of this.

We had some problem getting the bite on the right person for the first few times we killed her but after that we just assigned a Melee and a Ranged to go nuts from the start and whichever one gets the bite first then bites the other and it goes from there. Make a timer macro and hit it as soon as your tank goes in. No one but the MT, OT, and those two DPS touch her before the macro goes off and you should be sweet.

"/sw 7
    /script Stopwatch_Play();
    /in 7 /rw DEEPS NOW
    /in 7 /rw DEEPS NOW
    /in 7 /rw DEEPS NOW"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trlz
    Well the nr.3 on threatlist has bugged a couple of times for my guild, so think it may be based on tps at a certain point.
    I think so too. 99% of the time it's a hunter who gets it but we've had a resto druid get the first bite on one of our very early heroic 25 attempts when he must have been spamming the raid at the start. Obviously they were not 3rd on threat overall but they must have been 3rd on TPS at that split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Worth noting that Omen won't track it accurately. Although it is the first person right after the MT or Blood-mirror target (whichever is higher),
    Wrong. It's always the one lower on threat of the two Blood Mirror targets that it go from. That's why it's never the person right below the main-tank, but the person below the off-tank.

EDIT: If it would go based on the one with highest threat, in most cases the off-tank would be the one getting bitten then.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

The person 3rd on DPS . If a tank was bitten you are f*cked so its gotta be 3rd
    Insert Signiture here.