Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage vs. hunter in cataclysm?

Frost mage vs hunter

How will wall of fog affect this? And time warp + icy veins?
    I feel like flame orb will do damage and interupt, well...something like that.

Re: Mage vs. hunter in cataclysm?

As a mage myself i dont think that Wall of Fog would grant much advantage in 1v1 combat ,referring to :

"The mana cost will be designed to make Wall of Fog efficient against groups, not individuals"

However, the hunter will get Trap launcher, which seems like that spell will help hunters much more than WoF would help the mage.

Anyway, i think its too early to discuss about these and make speculations referring to class "previews". As it says, its only previews and they are subject to change. I remember myself playing the alpha <private server> and beta of wotlk, between that period and official launch, sooo much have changed. Even if blizz doesnt change what they denoted in these previews for Cata, the pvp mechanics can only be experienced by playing, not on words. <at least thats what i think>

Evâns

Quote Originally Posted by rakija
    Frost mage vs hunter

How will wall of fog affect this? And time warp + icy veins?
    I feel like flame orb will do damage and interupt, well...something like that.
    Flame orb will do damage as an AOE. I wouldn't hope for more damage then what Blizzard does. TW will only really be good if you are looking to out-WOTLK the hunter, which obviously doesn't work, but it's also good for spamming r1 frostbolt and trying to stay on him, but then, lol trap launcher.

My prediction based on the very little we saw, still a very large counter.
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

mage will win 100% guaranteed. : :