Thread: Spirit and Disc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Spirit and Disc

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Would you be happy if I put 2h axe skill ahead of Mp5?

stop it, im dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    Is there a reason you're spreading blatantly false information?

MP5 and Spirit are not as good as intellect, but neither is useless. In fact, when you're a pure bubblebot, spirit or MP5 pieces could be better than haste (because the haste cap with BT procs is so low).

Learn what you're talking about before you post.
    Too quote a former epic reply to disc with spirit.
    Sp > Haste > Int > Crit > Mp5 > Arp > Stam > 2h Axe skill > Spirit
    Humor.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Humor.
    Your post implied that the quote was correct (or at least based on truth). It's misleading to new players who may decide to avoid spirit like the plague based on misinformation like that.

Also, jokes are supposed to be funny. Like a midget falling down a well, now THAT'S funny.

10+ Year Old Account

Your post implied that the quote was correct (or at least based on truth). It's misleading to new players who may decide to avoid spirit like the plague based on misinformation like that.

Also, jokes are supposed to be funny. Like a midget falling down a well, now THAT'S funny.
    I'm sorry that it apparently went over your head, are you still in the sandbox? Anyway done derailing.
    P.S. Disc priests SHOULD avoid spirit gear.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I'm sorry that it apparently went over your head, are you still in the sandbox? Anyway done derailing.
    P.S. Disc priests SHOULD avoid spirit gear.
    Nothing went over my head. You're wrong, that's all.

P.S. not necessarily, again if you need mana and don't need haste (which is the case for many bubblebots), getting spirit gear is superior to losing SP gems for Intellect.

Read up on your class. Go to EJ, open your eyes. Common knowledge ("lol Disc Priests don't need mana", "lol Holy Pallies need crit", "lol DK's can't tank") isn't always correct.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

P.S. not necessarily, again if you need mana and don't need haste (which is the case for many bubblebots), getting spirit gear is superior to losing SP gems for Intellect.

Read up on your class. Go to EJ, open your eyes. Common knowledge ("lol Disc Priests don't need mana", "lol Holy Pallies need crit", "lol DK's can't tank") isn't always correct.
    the only place you'll have mana issues as disc is a fight where shields break random.. so yeah you should be able to heal smart and dont go oom by now.. also im not having any mana issues, and im trying to neglect spirit wherever i can without hurting the dps their loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

10+ Year Old Account

I'm confused as to what you're angry about.
    Int isn't the best stat for Disc priests excluding Lk, and spirit is next to worthless.

I'm confused as to what you're angry about.
    Int isn't the best stat for Disc priests excluding Lk, and spirit is next to worthless.
    I'm not angry, just confused as to why you talk like an expert but know nothing.

I still don't know why disc priests think haste is useful to them, and these same disc priests cast nothing but pw:s in a fight. Spirit is (mostly) way more useful than haste as you regen during the entire fight, but you benefit from haste only on certain spells. Those spells include the second and third tick of penance, any 2nd fheal you cast after a BT, gheal if you need to pop one on the tank, poh if you accidentally hit the key on your keyboard, and of course dh. Though it may sound like a lot, it totals to less than 10% of total healing on a typical hard mode fight in ICC.

Rule of thumb for disc is i277>i264>i258 and so on, with some exceptions for pieces that have more spellpower though lower i-level.
    Spellpower >>crit>int>mp5>haste=spirit (dont worry about int since all gear has int, and gemming for it is not optimal in ICC).
    Now, if you happen to have a choice between an item with mp5 on it versus spirit (and all else is the same) then choose the mp5. Also, if you have the choice between an item with crit on it versus haste (and all else is the same) then choose the piece with crit on it (till above 35% holy).
    Thank you for having common sense. <3

Haste rating really doesnt matter these days.
    Assuming have you 4 piece, youll have a decent haste rating already.

All the matters for a disc priest is spellpower.

Deleted

I would totally use heroic Sliver over normal Abacus. (lost it to a Resto Drood, Resto Sham, and a Holy Pally so far - not sure why the Holy Pally needed it but whatever)

The heal proc is quite overrated, 45 ICD on a what, 8-10k heal that typically procs when I'm prehealing or bubbling before the pull? Can't quite compare to a fair amount of mana.

I would use normal Solace over both. Heroic Abacus is fantastic but only because of the spellpower involved, again I'd consider BiS to be dual Solace or Solace (either one) + PLD unless you have so much mana that you can't possibly use it all (and have eliminated all int gems, all your spirit gear for haste/crit, traded out your IED meta for ESD, etc etc.).

And the Triumph int trinket really is quite bad, unless you have no other options. Sure it's a nice chunk of intellect, but the on-use is lacking at best, and it actually has less mana than Tears of the Vanquished or especially Meteorite Crystal (nifty fact I found out on the Paladin forums).
    yeah i had no other options so i was so glad to replace it.
    still waiting for solace/solace to drop. heroic AA has some decent sp.

but yeah gief soalce ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo
    I still don't know why disc priests think haste is useful to them, and these same disc priests cast nothing but pw:s in a fight. Spirit is (mostly) way more useful than haste as you regen during the entire fight, but you benefit from haste only on certain spells. Those spells include the second and third tick of penance, any 2nd fheal you cast after a BT, gheal if you need to pop one on the tank, poh if you accidentally hit the key on your keyboard, and of course dh. Though it may sound like a lot, it totals to less than 10% of total healing on a typical hard mode fight in ICC.
    You just answered your own question about why haste is useful to them, put I'll rephrase your words. It's because most of the spells they use when not spamming PWS, or not empowered by BT after a PWS, benefit from it. Getting them out faster is beneficial, and if the non-shield cast weren't better suited to the task at hand then they wouldn't be deviating from their shield spam in the first place - it's faster when you need it to be.

Not going to go into the whole PoH comment other than to say you should do some serious re-evaluation to its situational effectiveness, as you're missing out. And if only 10% of your healing comes from casts other than PWS (aside from LK), then while I won't say you're doing something 'wrong' if you're completing the encounter, you definitely are making the other healers work harder (or some encounters require more total healers) than if you healed more effectively using a wider range of spells.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

It completely depends on the fight for disc priests mana stability.
    Some fights dont allow multiple rapture procs.