Alienware...your thought's

I have been playing on an average computer for a while now, I enjoy FPS aswell as MMO's, I have thought about alienware for the simple fact that their build quality is far beyond my technical proficiency and they are very good machines. I was looking at this one in particular...what do you techies think?

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/deskt...ra&s=dhs&cs=19
    [URL=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&cn=Ghostrogue]
    If in doubt...Vanish

Re: Alienware...your thought's

Generally speaking Alienwares are slightly overpriced and you pay more for brand and special case than actual performance, kinda like with Mac computers. You can find better deals for sure, but not the looks.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Build quality? What, they tighten the screws more than you could? ;D All computers use the same parts. CPUs by Intel or AMD. GPUs by nVidia or ATi. Hard drives by Seagate, Western Digital, Hitachi or Maxtor (there are a few others). Etc. Alienware charges higher prices to buyers who don't know any better, just like Apple (as another poster already mentioned).

On top of being overpriced, I think their cases are really gaudy looking.

yes so if I built it myself how much would a decent pc cost? willing to pay around £1000
    [URL=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&cn=Ghostrogue]
    If in doubt...Vanish

Honestly, I purchased a Vigor Gaming desktop two years ago and I have yet to regret it. Was only $3500 too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrogue
    yes so if I built it myself how much would a decent pc cost? willing to pay around £1000
    At that budget you can buy decent ones pre-built, or pick a Dell or Alienware or Acer or something, or make your own. There's a sticky for the DIY way on these forums. If you aren't too keen on building your own, you can still use the parts list in those stickies as a guideline for what you should be looking for in pre-built machines. Also remember that Win7 is basically free on pre-built, but costs ~£80 as single copy which adds quite a bit to the DIY pricetag.

With £1000 you can but workable gaming PC easily, or you can sink just as easily £2000 or £3000 on it if you buy the best possible components. There is a practical limit to how much you can spend, but it's higher than cheap car.

Also just to make it clear: there is nothing wrong with Alienware and it'll suit your needs just fine for few years, but those are slightly overpriced.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Alienware are overpriced Dells where the extra costs are brand name and 'fancy' cases.

Deleted

Same as everybody else has told you, overpriced Dells.

You pay for the looks, not the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by five1trix
    Honestly, I purchased a Vigor Gaming desktop two years ago and I have yet to regret it. Was only $3500 too!
    Only 3500? Prebuilt I assume and I don't even know whats in it but you paid to much. Alienwares are Dells in fancy cases with overpriced higher end parts. Build twice as good of a machine for almost 1/2 the price if you DIY.

15+ Year Old Account

Twice as good and half the price might be a bit of a stretch. As good or slightly better and save a few hundred bucks, though.

You can't build a $3500.00 Alienware for $1750.00?
    By twice as good I mean since you built it automatically its better so you get + 25% for that :P
    Also I did say "Almost" half the price.

For a 4000$ computer at alien ware you can buy the same parts for half that at newegg and build it your self.

im putting togeather a 16 gig 8 core cpu (this is the cpu im getting once they come out with them) 4 terabyte with a nvidia 480 card

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card