Trauma as shadow

Has anyone tried it with their offspec and know if it procs from vamp heals?

I expected not but then thought about my abacus procing as shadow all the time and got curious.

Re: Trauma as shadow

If the abacus works, I don't see why the proc from Trauma shouldn't. Can't verify it for you though.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

After reading some on Wowhead I think it has been nerfed unfortunately, previously Spriests could run with this thing and basically have close to 100% uptime on it because of the many chances to proc, which in theory could negate the need of another raidhealer on some fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Trauma not work with VE heals. With dots + MF, that's around 15 heals every 5 seconds on 5 people, making for a massive 75 heals every 5 seconds; and with a 2% proc rate on each heal, I can see a 100% uptime on Fountain of Light.

I can test it tonight, I've got Trauma for my offspec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Let me know if you do test it Vook, I'm interested to know the results. Also, if you have the abacus, try testing that too. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not it still procs from VE (rumor is it was disabled for VE as of 3.3.3).

Quote Originally Posted by silentsyco
    Let me know if you do test it Vook, I'm interested to know the results. Also, if you have the abacus, try testing that too. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not it still procs from VE (rumor is it was disabled for VE as of 3.3.3).
    Yeah, I've got an Abacus, too. I'll test 'em in a little while.

EDIT: Did a single test, here's the Healing result:

DPS'd until I had no mana left. Never saw Abacus proc (it has a little animation and sound) and only saw Trauma proc once. But this is just on one person. In a raid, it'd be healing five people, thus giving 5x more procs. Skada DOES count Overhealing, but sadly, does not tell you which spells overhealed. :-X
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Yeah, I've got an Abacus, too. I'll test 'em in a little while.

EDIT: Did a single test, here's the Healing result:

DPS'd until I had no mana left. Never saw Abacus proc (it has a little animation and sound) and only saw Trauma proc once. But this is just on one person. In a raid, it'd be healing five people, thus giving 5x more procs. Skada DOES count Overhealing, but sadly, does not tell you which spells overhealed. :-X
    Were you at least in a group? The abacus is a smart heal and will not proc if everyone is at full health and certainly will not proc if you are by yourself on a dummy.

Deleted

just ran 3 heroics using trauma as shadow, one proc in CoS as we were buffing at the start :S

no other procs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    The abacus is a smart heal and will not proc if everyone is at full health and certainly will not proc if you are by yourself on a dummy.
    Who told you this? Abacus procs all the time while I'm by myself, and will heal me, even when I'm at full health.

I think I read somewhere that Trauma only procs off the healing done to yourself from VE, but I can't seem to find it again to confirm it. Either way, lets hope your raid heals aren't struggling so bad that they need the shadow priests to use a weapon w/ healing procs. Especially with the 20% buff :

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Who told you this? Abacus procs all the time while I'm by myself, and will heal me, even when I'm at full health.
    This.

Btw i have Trauma Heroic and i can confirm that it works for Shadow aswell.
    Remember that the ticks generate from the Trauma proc doesnt scale with your spell power, but they scales with some buffs on the targets, like Tree of life, Guardian Spirit ecc ecc. Yesterday at Purtricide 25HM, the ticks were like 321-324; Trauma did 2.8 % of my healing.

At the moment i'm running some tests with Trauma (my MH is Holy), i got from 1.3% healing to 5.9%.

Cheers

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Collection
    This.

Btw i have Trauma Heroic and i can confirm that it works for Shadow aswell.
    Remember that the ticks generate from the Trauma proc doesnt scale with your spell power, but they scales with some buffs on the targets, like Tree of life, Guardian Spirit ecc ecc. Yesterday at Purtricide 25HM, the ticks were like 321-324; Trauma did 2.8 % of my healing.

At the moment i'm running some tests with Trauma (my MH is Holy), i got from 1.3% healing to 5.9%.

Cheers
    any idea what was making it proc?
    i've been using trauma all night whilst farming heroics (done about 10 now) still not a single proc other than the 1 whilst we were buffing. - as shadow ofc.
    i'm also using heroic trauma if it makes any difference.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow
    any idea what was making it proc?
    i've been using trauma all night whilst farming heroics (done about 10 now) still not a single proc other than the 1 whilst we were buffing. - as shadow ofc.
    i'm also using heroic trauma if it makes any difference.
    Edit - i realize you was talking about shadow

btw the proc start from Vampiric Embrace heal / Devouring Plague heals.

It procs only from initial heal(dmg) of Devouring Plague ala talent Improved Devouring Plague... heal from VE or heal from DPdot doesnt proc

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa
    It procs only from initial heal(dmg) of Devouring Plague ala talent Improved Devouring Plague... heal from VE or heal from DPdot doesnt proc
    this seems to make sense but... where did you get this info from?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    this seems to make sense but... where did you get this info from?
    Tested by myself on heroic dummy and from our raid logs (wol). I was using heroic Trauma.