Poll: iPhone 4 has been annoucned, will you be upgrading?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

iPhone 4, will you be upgrading?

The iPhone 4 was announced today, it's practically a mini computer. With tons of new features in the new iOS4, there's no limit to what the iPhone can do.

Will you be upgrading?

I say, yes!

Re: iPhone 4, will you be upgrading?

's practically a mini computer.
    Oh gawd I lol'd. What's so " mini computer " about it? It's an upgraded Iphone 3G with some new features.

What I hate most about Apple is the way they always try to be over fantastic and make you believe that they are creating the future and you can't live on without this one special product they just came out with! (How useless is the ipad..Seriously now.)

And I saw their trailer and I laughed when they acted as if the whole " video conversation "was a new thing, it was on cellphones, what..5 years back?

I'm not a mac hater, I think their products are great for editing and such and horrible for games.
    But why in the world do you think the Iphone 4g is that great? They could've made it an update to the 3g. you are basically buying a new 3g BUT WAIT! This has a new cover!

But hey, I'm waiting for the iToaster.

Nope
    That sexy warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDot
    Oh gawd I lol'd. What's so " mini computer " about it? It's an upgraded Iphone 3G with some new features.

What I hate most about Apple is the way they always try to be over fantastic and make you believe that they are creating the future and you can't live on without this one special product they just came out with! (How useless is the ipad..Seriously now.)

And I saw their trailer and I laughed when they acted as if the whole " video conversation "was a new thing, it was on cellphones, what..5 years back?

I'm not a mac hater, I think their products are great for editing and such and horrible for games.
    But why in the world do you think the Iphone 4g is that great? They could've made it an update to the 3g. you are basically buying a new 3g BUT WAIT! This has a new cover!

The iToaster sounds fucking amazing
    That sexy warlock.

10+ Year Old Account

a toaster that plays music and surfs the internet, all while retaining the ability to make toast. GENIUS

iToaster you say? WTB.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Taken from the official iPhone website:

People have been dreaming about video calling for decades. iPhone 4 makes it a reality. With just a tap, you can wave hello to your kids, share a smile from across the globe, or watch your best friend laugh at your stories — iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 over Wi-Fi. And it works right out of the box. No other phone makes staying in touch this much fun.
    Dreaming of video calling for decades? And do a bit of digging and you'll find out that this new "FaceTime" video calling is currently Wi-Fi only.

And a 5MP camera... Aren't most power-house phones now coming with 8-12mp cameras?

Take beautiful, detailed photos with the new 5-megapixel camera with built-in LED flash.
    LED flashes are kinda out of date now. Xenon ftw.

Apple are like 2 years behind AGAIN.

Shame, because they make dam good looking stuff. Too bad they forget to use latest tech in their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDot

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk
    Taken from the official iPhone website:

Dreaming of video calling for decades? And do a bit of digging and you'll find out that theis new "FaceTime" video calling is currently Wi-Fi only.

And a 5MP camera... Aren't most power-house phones now coming with 8-12mp cameras?

LED flashes are kinda out of date now. Xenon ftw.

Apple are like 2 years behind AGAIN.

Shame, because they make dam good looking stuff. Too bad they forget to use latest tech in their stuff.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkle
    The iPhone 4 was announced today, it's practically a mini computer. With tons of new features in the new iOS4, there's no limit to what the iPhone can do.

Will you be upgrading?
    Sorry to rain on your parade (no, actually I'm not) but Apple's smartphone has been tehcnically one of the weakest device on market for years, they just have best advertising and best software. in 3rd generation they finally added 3G support several years after all competitors, and the fancy video calls they're advertising in latest models has been available in 3G phones over 3G network for years, not just limited to WiFi. Camera was really shitty in few first models also behind all major competition.

Also there are some serious limits to what iPhone can do. For example it can't be plugged into any computer's USB to load music or videos on it. Unless you have iTunes installed, can forget using it as regular USB storage device which is a major fuck-up in usability.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey, hey now!

iOS (the person who came up with this needs to die...now) is coming up on version 4 and they're adding multi-tasking! Oh, 90% of smartphones already had that? Oh, and it's really just state suspending rather than true multi-tasking?

Well, they have the largest app market! Oh, it's not all that big if you remove duplicate and useless (how many fart apps are in the app store) apps?

Well, at least I can install the software I want on it! Oh, I can't unless it's Apple approved or I jailbreak my phone, effectively voiding my warranty?

So why take an iPhone over a BlackBerry or Android device again? Oh yeah, it's trendy.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    So why take an iPhone over a BlackBerry or Android device again? Oh yeah, it's trendy.
    I'll only take one if it's gold plated with a ton of swarovski crystals. Or maybe not...

A first at video calling.
    A first at HD video recording.
    A first with a high-resolution display.
    A first at mutli-tasking.
    A first with a 5mp camera.

I think Apple need to check the current market "first"

Oh and one last bit-

Edit and create your own mini-masterpiece right on iPhone 4 using the new iMovie app — with Apple-designed themes, titles, and transitions. It’s coming soon to the App Store for $4.99.
    You have to pay for a video editing suite. Genius.

**edit

I really gotta stop looking at details for this thing!

With Internet tethering on iPhone, you don’t need a Wi-Fi hotspot to surf the web from your computer. Instead, you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac or PC
    My old trusty Nokia N81 can do this...

15+ Year Old Account

A nifty little note on the tethering thing...

AT&T is limiting new customers to 2GB data per month. On top of that, technically you're not allowed to tether without paying AT&T an additional monthly fee.

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.france24.com/en/20100608-...h-video-chat-0

I particularily like

"They are the first ones to make video chat easy and that will drive the sales"

Can it get any easier than typing in the number you want and hitting video call?
    Because that's how it works on my n81...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk

A first at video calling.
    A first at HD video recording.
    A first with a high-resolution display.
    A first at mutli-tasking.
    A first with a 5mp camera.

I think Apple need to check the current market "first"
    Neh, it's just damn misleading, but not enough to be called for false advertising. It's the first iPhone that does all those tricks other smartphones did 3 years ago, but not the first phone.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account

iPhones are priced along the lines of solid PC's here, so lol no.

my wife works for AT&T so yes, I will be turning in my 3GS for one.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

10+ Year Old Account

No iphone3gs cost tons and i only use it to help soothe my withdrawl symptoms from being away from the computer :P

If i was to get a new phone it wouldn't be apple... :P

15+ Year Old Account

I'm actually leaning toward an Android device when my renewal with Verizon Wireless comes due. I'm not a fan of the iPhone (if that wasn't already obvious) or AT&T. I had thought about getting a CDMA iPhone at one piont if one was ever released, but Steve Jobs' recent comments regarding Adobe and the iPhone 4 kind of blew that out of the water.

Right now I have an original BlackBerry Storm. It's a nice device, but it seems app makers aren't really hopping on the BlackBerry bandwagon. Considering it's a Java platform without a really good BlackBerry specific API, I don't blame them. Don't get me wrong, BlackBerry has their own API, but it's very much performance-based, rather than visually-based. In the end, you get 50 apps that do different things, but look identical. Customizing the UI of a BlackBerry app is a lot harder than an iPhone or Android app, so the developers go toward iOS and Android.

Add to all this the fact that BlackBerry is coming out with OS6, but is likely not releasing it for many of the current phones. If I could get OS6 on my Storm, play with it, and decide if I like it, then I'd probably get the latest BlackBerry. But if I'm going to blindly change OS's with a 2 year contract, I might as well go where the apps are... probably a Droid of some variety.

Yay for long-winded, semi-off-topic rants.

I'd never buy an apple product in the first place, so I can't "upgrade" from a previous model. Poll fails.

I buy apples every week, red shiny sweet ones, love them. But I refuse to go with the "i" bandwagon.