Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Beta Contest, Flash Vulnerability, Curse Google Scam

Update - Remote AH Beta Test just ended.

Remote Auction House Beta Test - Update 06/07
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)

The beta has ended and the Remote Auction House is now live! Thank you to everyone who participated in helping us test this new feature. For more information on how to obtain the app and subscribe to the service visit http://www.wowarmory.com/wow-remote.xml
    Cataclysm Beta -- Guild Contest
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    If you think you and your guildmates have what it takes to make invaluable beta testers, take a stab at our Cataclysm Beta -- Guild Contest. All you need to do is tell us in a short essay why you and nine of your guildmates should be in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta test. We’ll be picking 100 winning submissions each week for five weeks, for a total of 5,000 beta keys at stake!

HTML Code:
    <div style="width:70%;"><hr></hr></div>

For World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we’re looking for a healthy handful of guilds to join us in the beta test process. If you think your guild would supply the perfect candidates for testing the limits of Cataclysm's content and systems, tell us why!

4. Entry in the contest.
    Beginning on the Commencement Date, you can enter the Contest by emailing a short essay (50 to 250 words) elaborating on why the World of Warcraft guild that the entrant is the guild master of should take part in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test to blizzardcontest@blizzard.com. Your submission must be in English, and must be between 50 and 250 words in length to be considered for the Contest. You are limited to one (1) entry in the Contest. Any entries or submissions which depict or glorify overly graphic, lewd, obscene, vulgar or profane behavior, or which utilize lewd, obscene vulgar or profane language, either as part of the submission or as the name of the submission, will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor.

All you have to do is send an email to
    HTML Code:
    [email="blizzardcontest@blizzard.com"]blizzardcontest@blizzard.com[/email]
    containing a short essay between 50 and 250 words explaining why we should bring you and nine of your guild mates on-board. We’ll be picking 100 winning submissions from eligible participants each week for five weeks beginning Monday, June 7th through Monday, July 12th.

Before entering the contest, be sure to read the full contest rules for details and eligibility.
    Important - Adobe Flash Player Vulnerability
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ), does not appear to contain this vulnerability, and we recommend that everyone upgrade their Flash player as soon as possible. Earlier versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat, specifically version 8.x, do not appear to contain this vulnerability, either.

For more information, please visit Adobe.com: http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsa10-01.html

Get an Authenticator if you haven't got one already. Get your very own guard dog and secure your account at the same time. Visit http://us.battle.net/security for more info!

I would also like to add that this is NOT a virus. The only way to protect yourself from this kind of vulnerability is to keep your system up-to-date in all ways, including Flash.
    Curse Client Google Ad Scam
    A few months ago a couple of people got hacked because of malicious google ads redirecting to fake armory pages. (See this news)

The same problem is now affecting the Curse.com client that many of you use to update and download addon.

Whenever you try to reach a popular WoW site (including mmo-champion) always type the URL in your browser's adress bar or bookmark it, don't click links from external websites or google them.

Re: Beta Contest, Flash Vulnerability, Curse Google Scam

Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

15+ Year Old Account

So I'm guessing no competition for Europe? Seeing as Blizz always favor US testers over EU testers. Then again, giving one to Korea and not to Europe seems a bit... strange... Who knows.

Also, I wonder if they're planning to let all 5000 testers from this competition onto the realms at the same time as all the others picked from the opt-ins, friends & family etc... My theory is that they'll be siphoning them in batch by batch to prevent massive server load.

Cool contest, I think I might try it

Any thoughts or insights boub about the start of the beta?

No offence Boub, but you're getting slow with the news. :P

Bah, I'm pretty sure my guild would make a terrible testing guild.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

OMG...

Quote Originally Posted by Nak
    How so? Boub put it on here about 20 minutes after the Bluepost was done

Looking at the rules... it looks like the only valid submissions are from the guild GMs right?
    you can enter the Contest by emailing a short essay (50 to 250 words) elaborating on why the World of Warcraft guild that the entrant is the guild master of should take part in the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Beta Test
    Or else whats stopping a guild of 300 members having 300 entries mailed in?
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Applies to the US only I guess, for that Guild Contest... :-\

Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    How so? Boub put it on here about 20 minutes after the Bluepost was done

Looking at the rules... it looks like the only valid submissions are from the guild GMs right?
    Or else whats stopping a guild of 300 members having 300 entries mailed in?
    Only guild leaders who're residents of the US. Sort of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalerender
    Only guild leaders who're residents of the US. Sort of sucks.
    Wait, and a residence of the US? It's a digital contest ><

Guess I should give someone else GM for 5 weeks huh

Edit: Checking the eligibility and only a few states are locked out, it says nothing about not being allowed to enter as a Canadian citizen
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Nak
    It's a contest ending in July, no hurry. There is absolutely no reason for me to not finish the very important stuff I was working on before posting.

Europe left out again -_-'

So typical Blizzard, the US always get the good stuff, and we have to do with the left overs.

Like BlizzCon, also US only

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    It's a contest ending in July, no hurry. There is absolutely no reason for me to not finish the very important stuff I was working on before posting.
    I'm sitting here, starving, and you post that!? Do you really hate me that much Bibi?

yummm hot dog looking thing
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    omg, that looks tasty :O as does the info on the beta

And people wonder why Apple doesn't want Flash on the iPhone. :

Darn, I guess my guild-full-of-alts doesn't count for this eh :P

No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Guys. Seriously. It's 12:30 am BST, at least give it till end of the working day tomorrow before bitching about how the EU never gets anything nice.