Corruption, Liberation, and Salvation ((open SRP))

It had been many months since the Lich king was defeated at the frozen throne. The Argent crusade and Kirin Tor have remained in Northrend to clean up any remaining undead. But as they battled with a dwindling undead scourge, something rotten had made its way into the lands below.

A few months before Arthas was slain,a welll known Paladin, known as Tios Sorogam's wife was at her last legs, at her death bed. The destraught Tios, going against the church, and against the light, had secretly stolen a demonic object, with the hopes of releaseing the demonic energies into his lover, in an attempt to give her life eternal. The night Tios was to begin the ritual to attempt the spell, he was horrified to learn that his wife had already passed away. Filled with rage, he shattered the object against the ground, releasing the energies from within it.

The demonic presence, known only as Goros, took control of him, bending him to his will. Tios was gone, and Goros was to rein supreme. Slowly, over the course of the many months the followed, Goros corrupted most everyone he came in contact with, putting them under a mind control. Things remained normal, except that most everyone were under his control. The few that were immune from his control, were those that were skilled in the light.

Goros eventually caught onto this trend, but it was not time yet. Slowly, he corrupted the alliance cities, all of them falling into his grasp. He also gained control of the flightmasters, and the postage service. nothing went out of the cities, nothing came in. At the peek of his greatest hour, when the only thing that could appose his rule was slain, he struck out. Sending wave after wave of guards and adventuers alike to assault the catherderal of the holy light, Goros took the opportunity to snuff out the only thing in the eastern kingdoms that could threaten him, the many patrons and citizens of Stormwind, not even noticing. The paladins and priests of the light fought valiantly, but also, they're numbers were too great. Along with snuffing out the church, he sent waves against the faction leaders, taking them captive, and leaving them in the stockaids to rot.

despite this, there are still those, those that are free from his grasp. The adventurers, the many that escaped his corruption, remaining in the wilderness, waiting for the time to strike back. The horde, despite the rising tensions between Garrosh and Thrall, have not taken notice of the Alliance Capitals in their state of Dissaray, and Goros is massing a force to go after the Horde.

The time to for someone to step up and say "Enough is enough!" is now, it's time to take back Azeroth from this demonic hold.

Jere, a Paladin of the Alliance, and a master engineer, had spent most his time in Northrend, preparing for his Battle alongside the crusade against Arthas. Even after the Lich King's downfall, Jere remained in Dalaran, finding the place growing more quiet as the many adventurers headed home. Within that time, he had built a number of robots to keep him company and help him with his work, each one respectfully named "Red", "Blue", "Grey", and "XT".

After spending all the time in Dalaran he could take, he asked a mage to give him a portal to stormwind,the mage mistakenly sending him to Theramore.

And that's where the story starts.....

Jere held his head slightly, trying to keep the ground from spinning. He shook his head from side to side, trying to shake the seasick feeling, before opening his eyes, frowning slightly to learn that he was sent to the wrong place. "Gah...damn novice mages...", Jere cursed silently, looking around the city, noticing that, oddly, the port was shut down. "That's....odd", he muttered to himself, quickly walking over to one of the guards.

"Excuse me sir...but why are the ports closed off?", Jere asked him, looking back at the taped off ports. "Ships havent been coming in lad. They haven't been coming in for the last few weeks.", the guard replied, walking off to attend to other matters. Jere looked at the Guard again, his explanation wasn't much help to him. Jere sighed silently to himself, removing a red cube from his bag, he tossed it up and down as he walked over to one of the benches, taking a seat in it.

He set the cube on the ground, the cube unfolding into a small red bot. "Well Red, this puts us in a pretty sad situation, huh?", Jere said, leaning back in the bench a bit to stretch. Red beeped back at Jere, whirring slightly as it peddled around a bit. "Yes Red, i know i should of taken the other portals, but i guess that mage just wanted to summon a portal so badly, i guess...", there said again, Red continuing to look some of the things around him over.

After a few lazy minutes, Red one finally chimed at Jere, who had dozed off a bit. "nyeh...im awake im awake, what is it?", Jere groaned, leaning up to wipe the gunk out of his eyes. He looked on at a dilapidated ship, almost barely afloat, pulling into the port. Jere got up to his feet, deactivating red and placing the cube back in his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder as he climbed over the barricade, quickly running over to the ship.

There were many people on the ship, of the many different alliance races, all badly bruised and cut up. Jere quickly dropped his pack to the side, rushing over to the group if he could help in any way. A dwarf looked up at Jere, before saying, "Laddy, you don' wana kno what we'v bin though". Jere raised an eyebrow slightly, muttering a slight healing spell, sending a number of small healing spells around the group. Jere looked back down at the dwarf, "Try me". The dwarf sighed a bit, cracking his neck to the side, before he started talking.

",ell, ya see. We be minding out own buisness, out in Stormwind, Nuxt ting we kno, the advenurers and the guards start brawlin 'ith the Paladins and Preists. Der was this oon guy, he was seriously out of it. he had the appearance of one of dose light wielders, except he was fighting with de 'oura of a Lock that look the path into Demonology. Me and me mates here were just getting back from plunderun the Vault of Archivon. Our we mage there created a portal for Stormwind, next thing we know, its all otu bloomin war on out hands! 'e managed to commandeer dis ship while they were all a fightun. Corse, aparently they diden't like us stealin their ship, completely killed our priest...", the Dwarf Said, Jere becoming more and more interested as he talked.

"See to it that you and your mates get a room at the inn, ill have to look more into this..........strange occurrence.", Jere said, now knowing how to....describe such an act against the light. He continued to think, flipping the dwarf a few gold from his bag. "Aye, thanks Lad". Jere watched as the dwarf and his lads exited the boat

((This is my first, so dont go after me if it sucks. so yeah, i guess start by meeting in Theramore, then we'll go fro there

and yes i know, i cant do a dwarf accent worth crap))
    Jeremiah(Human) Here's my bio.

Re: Corruption, Liberation, and Salvation ((open SRP))

((I'm a Horde, I can't meet in Theramore :-\))
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

10+ Year Old Account

Valakin was walking through Theramore like a drone. He knew that Azeroth had been corrupted, and he did his best to seem like he had been, too. As he looked up, he noticed a boat was pulling in. He walked over and offered his hand in greeting to a young paladin. "Greetings, what is your name?"

((sorry, had just posted this before my mom drug me off to take care of a few tasks.......0_o and by a few, i mean seven hours of them.....i was too tired to reply))

Jere stood there, trying to think to himself about what he had just learned from the dwarf, bitting his lip a bit, trying to figure if his story was true or not. He glanced up at an apparent Druid that had walked over to him, but strange thing was......he looked like a drone.

"Hey...the name's Jere, you?", Jere replied, sighing softly as he arched his back a bit to get the crick out of it.

If one had a trained enough eye, they would see something rustling about in his pack.

10+ Year Old Account

Valakin immediately threw a rock at him.

Jere looked at the druid again curiously, then ducked quickly to avoid a rock to the head.

"Hey! what gives?!", Jere yelled at him, his bag falling off to his side. HE immediately grabbed his sword from his side, electricity crackling from the conductor on the hilt.

The pack continued to wiggle around a bit, before the cat that was inside of it poked her head out from the flap, looking at the two men curiously.

10+ Year Old Account

"Perfect. You're not a drone. What brings you here, Jere?" Valakin asked, looking at the cat curiously.

Jere raised an eyebrow at the elf questioningly, wondering why he refere4d to him as a "drone".

"well...besides you chucking rocks at me and the weird stuff going on in stormwind.....and a mage taking me here by mistake...im just fine", Jere said, resheathing the blade.

He looked down at where the Elf was looking at, he sighed softly, picking the cat up and setting her on his shoulder, like a pirate's parrot.

"Star....why the heck do you always have to show up in the strangest places....especially my pack. I thought i left you at the pet shop in Dalaran for boarding...", Jere spoke to the cat, gently scratching her behind the ears.

Star mewed slightly at Jere, rubbing her head against his.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Oh by the way, the name is Valakin. Walk with me. You see this city? It is corrupted. Only a few people, such as you and me, still have our free will. Now the people with the free will, us, need to band together to fight back. Got that, pretty boy?" Valakin started walking towards the inn. "That dwarf sure looked familiar..." Valakin rambled on inaudibly.

Jere looked at the druid, confused, yet curious. He set Star, his cat, on his shoulder, like a pirate's parrot

"Y...yeah...i see....i think", Jere lied, wondering if he was soft in the head.

Jere reached into his pocket, giving the cat on his shoulder a kitty treat before picking his pack up, walking over towards the inn. Instead he passed it, walking over to the gate of Theramore, his head in the clouds, thinking long and hard to himself.

"Heh.....makes me wonder. Either that Dwarf had a few to many to drink, or he's tellin the truth", Jere muttered to himself, walking across the bridge, then leaning against the edge of it, "Heh...what say you Star?".

The cat meowed a bit, hopping down onto the railing, Jere smirking a bit as he leaned against it aswell.

((I would like to join, if it pleases you. If not, then please let me know, so that I may not interfere with your plans))

Darkness was all that he saw, and then a blinding light as he forced his eyes open. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust, and then he could make out a clear blue sky and the smell of the sea. What was this? Why was he here, and not in the Deadwind Pass. More importantly, where was here? He allowed his other senses to explore his location, and concluded that this was in fact NOT the Deadwind Pass. Other things escaped him for the moment, as memories began to fade in and out, in and out like an annoying fly in his mind.

((Since my character does not like to leave his home, I needed a way to get him to Theramore. I hope you find this acceptable. It is explained in a short flashback.))

"I'm going...OUT! Stupid....WENCH...baubles baubles...RAINDROPS!" said Kortezz, dropping the vial of corrosive acid onto the ground and ignoring the stench emanating from the blue smoke. "Ok darling, bring back milk" said the stupid girl who insisted on following him around. Milk. He remembered he needed milk, but the nearest place for that...He didn't know. He found a cluster of stones and grinned wildly as he knelt to count them, and then blackness. He heard men talking, something about new slaves, selling the gray man at half cost, due to no "meat" on him. Blackness again.

Slavers had blackjacked him and stowed him away on the last boat from Booty Bay to Ratchet, and from there, he had been ferried to Theramore over the course of a week. The nerve of some people...But that still did not explain what he was doing lying here and staring at some uninteresting sky. Oh yes...his escape. He had cast a spell on the ship's captain, after a brutal beating for not making sense, and watched in glee as the man clasped his neck, trying to breathe. Purple, malevolent energies were seeping from the man's eyes and mouth, and the last thing he saw before death was Kortezz clutching tightly a pulsating, purple gem. And then, as he strode with his unusual gait from the boat, he had lost concentration and banged his head into a low-hanging sign, knocking him out.

So now he knew what happened, but the bigger question was those rocks he had been counting before he had been kidnapped. He needed to finish, the urge was maddening. And something swam in his mind about milk, but he would worry about that later, when he had time.

"You!" he shouted to an armor clad guardsman, who stopped and stared at him with blank, soulless eyes. "Where.....is THIS!" said he in a raspy, angry voice, with strange inflections. "Theramore." said the guard in a flat tone. "No it isn't!" replied Kortezz, his voice changing to a high pitched squeal. The guard stared at him blankly and walked away, leaving the muttering man to his own devices. "Oh....NO YOU....don't?" asked Kortezz as he launched himself at the guards back, trying with all his might to bring him down for this treachery. The guard pretty much ignored him, as Kortezz's physical might was...sorely lacking. He muttered something, and then the guard took notice, black and corrupt blood seeping through his helmet and onto his armor and he shuddered and quickly died.

Kortezz kicked the man's corpse, fuming with anger. Why didn't anyone ever survive when he needed something? "Get....UP. You aren't really dead...SMELL YOU!" he screamed at the corpse, ripping off his helmet to find a thick soup of melted skin in there. "TCHA! Fine, be that way!" he shouted, throwing up his hands in disbelief. But he neglected to notice more approaching guards and angry looking citizens with murder in their eyes.

That look was never good. He had seen it, now and again, when he made the long journey to Lakeshire. What was it they called him? Menace? Abomination? That wasn't important right now. A rock hit him in the face, and he was thrown off balance for a moment. "You...won't take me dead!" he shouted to the mob and spit for good measure before turning tail and running. He knew this was a waste of time. He just needed to get rid of them long enough to get back to that guard and have some serious face time and get some information. But that wasn't important as giving these prudes the slip. So he ran, and they followed.
    Kortezz

10+ Year Old Account
    Valakin saw a man running from a crowd. He sprinted over ((tell me if you want me to change this, I'm gming you for a sec)) and tackled the man into the dust. "Shh..." Val whispered to the human.

((I do not mind, that is perfect. Please pardon the apparent silly-ness of my character. It is just how I envision him. If it is distracting, please let me know so that I may fix the problem))

Kortezz did not know what had happened, but suddenly he was face to face with another, telling him to "Shhhh". His first instinct was to disobey, but a quick look at the others face told him that it might be good idea not to speak too loudly. He whispered quietly back "Don't usually....GO....for this...first date...like you....chocolate?". He then smiled a ghastly smile of crooked yellow teeth, and most likely horrid smelling breath.
    Last edited by Kortezz; 2010-06-17 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Kortezz

Gilon had spent most of his life fighting in some war or struggle and now that the Lich King had been defeated all of Azeroth's finest heroes were leaving Dalaran to go back home and because of that the city had lost its thrill. For the past hours Gilon had been meditating and had decided he was ready to get moving, but where too. "Hmmm? I guess i better wear my Argent Dawn tabard today, never know when i might have to pretend to be a High Elf again." Fully suited up in armor of the Argent Dawn Gilon walked over to the front door picking up his most trusted two handed mace and stepped outside.

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed what looked like a fellow Paladin taking a portal from one of the apprentice mages Warren he thought that was the name, one who was notorious for sending people to the wrong place.

"What do you say?" Gilon ask the Light.
    "By blood and honor we serve" Gilon Sunfire

((Remember, no Godmoding. ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    ((Remember, no Godmoding. ))
    ((sorry did i godmode there, im new to this stuff))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Is he talking like that because he is insane?))
    "Alright, the crowd has passed. You owe me one. Let's go" Val got up and brushed himself off. He started jogging towards the inn.

Gilon never really liked taking portals very much, he preferred riding or flying, but he had learned long ago that you don't always have time on your side. Gilon was in a Human port town that he hadn't been to before but he recognized the banners. "Must be Theramore." Gilon said, Jaina Proudmoore's sity state if he remembered correctly.

Wondering where that Paladin he say earlier went off to, Gilon walked over to the Inn a ordered himself a drink and took a seat in the corner of the room.

((Yes, my character has no sanity whatsoever, so the things he says probably won't make sense))

Kortezz didn't understand this person before him. He had more important things to worry about than owing anyone anything. Like getting back to those rocks back in the pass. He rolled over very quickly and launched himself up from the shoulder and landed lightly on his feet. He knew that guard knew something, and he made it his business to get back to him. He walked in the complete opposite direction of the inn, back the way he came from, and saw the guard on the ground again. He was already starting to stink, in this heat. "Bath...." said Kortezz as he kicked the breastplate and watched in fascination as blood and melted flesh oozed out. "Not...talking today, hmmm?" said Kortezz as he poked the helmet again and again.

Suddenly, a butterfly flew before his face, snapping him back to reality. His stomach growled. He needed food, and he needed it now. He didn't like being hungry, never did, and he completely forgot about the silent guard and began walking in a stilted gait. He could smell something good cooking, so he headed that way, towards the inn, and only got distracted once when he saw a bundle of swords and knelt to count them. He hugged himself tightly with a manic grin and shambled into the inn and taking the first empty seat and hunching over, peering distrustfully at the room. His mouth watered at the smell of cooking mushrooms. He must have them, immediately and began looking around for the source of the smell.
    Kortezz

10+ Year Old Account
    Valakin had entered the inn a few minutes before Kortezz. He noticed someone in a corner and walked over. In his drone voice, he said "Hello, what is your name?"